Size of ships and numbers of passengers currently in Australia

7 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Yes there are several smaller ships doing cruises in Aust. at the moment, noted them in passing, but can't think of their names at the moment. I think they were mostly northern waters orientated.

Could be wrong there....🤔

The one I liked cruised via Cairns north, in October, but I didn't retain the itinerary, because I was already on holidays. 

On 10/22/2022 at 12:15 PM, Ozwoody said:

image.png.ef74fdb8a034e80aed87ed8232c7277b.png

Thanks for that great chart . I must mention this I could not see anything other than Brisbane & Sydney and then I had a brainwave ( turn off dark mode ) 😂😂

Edited by JohnGc

11 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

The one I liked cruised via Cairns north, in October, but I didn't retain the itinerary, because I was already on holidays. 

Do you remember the cruise company for that cruise.

I think the one that had several cruise around the north of Australia, is Coral Cruises.

From memory they had three maybe four small ships, cant remember pax numbers, but feel they would have been around 50 the one hundred pax sizes. Don't quote me on that, I'm probably wrong.

7 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Thanks for that great chart . I must mention this I could not see anything other than Brisbane & Sydney and then I had a brainwave ( turn off dark mode ) 😂

When I did the chart I could not find any ships nominated to home port, in Melbourne or Perth.

Maybe different now, I will have to have another look, and see.

Just now, Ozwoody said:

I think the one that had several cruise around the north of Australia, is Coral Cruises.

From memory they had three maybe four small ships, cant remember pax numbers, but feel they would have been around 50 the one hundred pax sizes. Don't quote me on that, I'm probably wrong.

There was a Coral Expeditions ship parked behind us in Cairns when we stopped there just over a week ago.

2 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

You are correct, they are based in Cairns.  But it wasn't them because I cruised with them this year.  They are currently doing an around Australia voyage. I'll find details 

Just now, Ozwoody said:

When I did the chart I could not find any ships nominated to home port, in Melbourne or Perth.

Maybe different now, I will have to have another look, and see.

Grand Princess is homeporting in Melbourne for the season.

9 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

You are correct, they are based in Cairns.  But it wasn't them because I cruised with them this year.  They are currently doing an around Australia voyage. I'll find details 

I had a brain wave and found lots of ship via Cairns Port Schedule -

Viking Orion - 930 - 25/10 (This is the one I'd love to go on)

Westerdam - 2362 - 3/11 and 8/1

Star Breeze - 312 - 10/11

(Coral Princess - 2400 13/11)

Nordam  2366 17/11

Queen Elizabeth 2503 20/11

Grand Princess 3122 24/1

Seabourne Odyssey 540 27/11

(Pacific Encounter - 29/11& 23/12)

Viking Mars 20/12

MS Europa 2 23/12

Silver Shadow 3/1

Seven Seas Explorer 1/2

55 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Thanks for that great chart . I must mention this I could not see anything other than Brisbane & Sydney and then I had a brainwave ( turn off dark mode ) 😂😂

OK did a quick recheck see below, note not extensive, only quick check didn't recheck sys-Bris.

image.png.2d6efcbe437a5c93614c4f72872d1687.png

Edited by Ozwoody

1 minute ago, Ozwoody said:

OK did a quick recheck see below

image.png.2d6efcbe437a5c93614c4f72872d1687.png

It was all there, I am sorry I probably did not explain well. I have dark mode turned on my computer which blacked out all the white information on your chart and only showed the ports not the ships. As soon as I turned off dark mode everything magically appeared. Your chart was great, nothing wrong with it unlike my brain.😁

47 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

It was all there, I am sorry I probably did not explain well. I have dark mode turned on my computer which blacked out all the white information on your chart and only showed the ports not the ships. As soon as I turned off dark mode everything magically appeared. Your chart was great, nothing wrong with it unlike my brain.😁

Don't worry, I need to update the info, I though Sydney was hogging all the ships, it was good to see that they are only partly hogging all the ships.😁

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

There's three or four isn't there?

10 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

There's three or four isn't there?

Yes coral expeditions.com  (They cruise overseas, such as Indian Ocean, as well as in Australia. You can follow their current circumnavigation of Australia, 17/10 to 15/12/2022.)

6 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Norwegian Cruise Line  Norwegian Spirit  December 

14 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Out of Sydney? Drive by or home porting?

Based in Sydney from 23 Dec to 28 March.

Also

Westerdam - Sydney - from 8 November to 3 January

Noordam - Sydney - from 12 November to 11 March

27 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Out of Sydney? Drive by or home porting?

That is all it had, 

Further investigation reveals -

Auckland January 2023 - March 2023

Sydney to Tahiti - March, 2023

Tahiti to Sydney December, 2023

Sydney December 2023 to March, 2024

Sydney to Tahiti March, 2024

Hope that is right!