Sailing pushed back?

Sphilli2

We have been on a few cruises but never experienced this. We are on Grandeur on 11/4 for a 9 day. Upon check-in I selected 11:00am. We got an email yesterday saying that our sailing is delayed and we need to choose a new time. The only times available are 3:30-6:30. I don't love this for a number of reasons. It seems weird they would be delaying the sailing so far in advance. Has anyone experienced this?

4 minutes ago, OhioBill said:

Had it happen earlier this year in Barcelona.  Just a port scheduling issue where the port schedule changed for their entry time.

That makes me feel better! I was worried it was going to get pushed back and pushed back and canceled. I just really need a vacation lol

9 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

They are delaying checkin on the upcoming Adventure RePo because of Coast Guard inspections.  

Liberty had a awful coast guard inspection sept 11. Told us come a hour later but then kept texting. Finally allowed some inside and filled every chair, the rest stood outside in the sun. First key holders finally started to board just before 1 pm. I'm sure they got a ear full. Texas heat is too hot to stand in the mid day sun. Longest coast guard I've ever been thru.  

Wj was a zoo. No places to sit.

We are on this sailing of the Grandeur as well and got the same notice. We had and 11 am and now 3:30 arrival.  Is what it is I guess my vacation starts the day before when we drive down from Jensen Beach where we are staying for the winter.  We are fulltime RVers and taking advantage of the proximity to Miami.  We have this cruise and the 10 day on Oasis in January.  This will be our first time on either ship and are eager to see the differences.  We have previously only sailed out of Galveston on Liberty and Adventure.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This sailing had a late departure from Miami at 8pm to begin with. Had 11am boarding and now rebooked to 3:30 pm. Strange to me as to what is going on.... No offer of a credit for the late boarding also.  Grandeur is sailing to Miami from Galveston with deadhead crew also.

Edited by coaster

The late departure from Miami was already baked in, but the late boarding times is a new and unexpected spin. I just would of thought a $10 or $15 onboard credit pp for missing lunch would of been a nice gesture.

12 hours ago, coaster said:

The late departure from Miami was already baked in, but the late boarding times is a new and unexpected spin. I just would of thought a $10 or $15 onboard credit pp for missing lunch would of been a nice gesture.

Really?  Couldn't you just go have lunch at 3pm?  Or slap on another helping on your plate if you feel so cheated?

Cruise lines HEMORAGED millions of dollars for several months as they were shut down during COVID, then easily have endured another year of limited revenue streams as they've coped with limiting capacity caps.  

While I don't support their tact of stratosphere pricing at Coco Cay --with $4,000 cabanas and $200 water park passes-- I don't think they need to throw away money at a silly issue such as delaying entry to the feeding trough by a few hours.

Of course I may be slightly biased, as I worked for over a decade in the hospitality industry.  At one point, I was the one to whom the complaining guest spoke.  Sure, there were plenty of times where we messed up, and it was about fixing it for the guest and expressing sincere sorrow for what went wrong.  But it was stomach-turning to confront the insincere complainers that were just looking for something free:  "The bellman didn't smile wide enough when we checked in."  They usually got a half sincere "sorry" but certainly not any money.