I saw this article about Royal Caribbean

rkmw

That is great news.  Aussies have been calling out for winter cruising north.  Now all they have to do is charge in Aussie dollars on ship home-ported in Brisbane and have some longer cruises to South Pacific islands and PNG.  

Most Aussies get four weeks' leave a year, plus some six weeks' leave a year.  Cruises limited to one week are not as attractive to them.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

That is great news.  Aussies have been calling out for winter cruising north.  Now all they have to do is charge in Aussie dollars on ship home-ported in Brisbane and have some longer cruises to South Pacific islands and PNG.  

Most Aussies get four weeks' leave a year, plus some six weeks' leave a year.  Cruises limited to one week are not as attractive to them.  

It would be very nice if they change the currency but they never have before 

56 minutes ago, rkmw said:

It would be very nice if they change the currency but they never have before 

Do they use USD for the Singapore cruises based there?  Or use SGD?  That would be an indicator whether they would consider AUD for year round OZ based cruises…

I would love to see it happen, but all reads as aspirational to me.

Royal was talking up an Oasis ship in Australia five years ago. It was aspirational then too. It will happen one day when the ships are considered too old for the Caribbean.

4 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I would love to see it happen, but all reads as aspirational to me.

Royal was talking up an Oasis ship in Australia five years ago. It was aspirational then too. It will happen one day when the ships are considered too old for the Caribbean.

I think things are different now because Florida will be past over supply and will be congested mess.

In the northern winter all their ships head to the U.S .

The start of 2024 they will have 7 ships that can take 6,000 passengers not to mention the 20 smaller ships operating on the east coast U.SA.

China will probably still be closed and they will be desperate to find a home  for a few ships over the northern winter.
I don’t think it will be long before we have a year round ship.

There’s speculation Anthem May be bumped to Alaska and Brilliance  may stay here over 2024.

56 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

no rci for us  while they charge $US and 18% tax

Paying your fare in AUD is good and if you don’t  drink much it won’t cost a lot

i’m D+ and we get 5 drinks every day and being a non drinker you can have my share if we’re on the same cruise

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, rkmw said:

Paying your fare in AUD is good and if you don’t  drink much it won’t cost a lot

i’m D+ and we get 5 drinks every day and being a non drinker you can have my share if we’re on the same cruise

Lovely thought  Thanks Yvonne

13 minutes ago, 2022cruisey said:

Agree, I’d love a mid winter cruise to the South Pacific or Indonesia/Darwin.  Would definitely fly up to do it.  Great change from Melbourne.  Flew up to do Coral Princess Queensland 7 day in June but wasn’t that warm.

It was warmer than Sydney though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rkmw said:

I don’t know why everyone panics about USD .

Just buy most of everything before the cruise in AUD .

For us non drinkers it won't seem expensive.If they can offer us a domestic cruise for about not much more than say Bali or Malaysia similar durations why not but offer some variety.I often have thought what about an ex Brisbane one that does the usual spots also does Port Douglas.