"LIVE" from Celebrity BEYOND. October 26th, 2022. 9-Night Repositioning. 1st Sailing from the USA.

PinkSandGirl

3 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

I saw on Insta they did a bridge tour together at 9:30am with Captain Kate. Are we sure they’re on board for our sailing or just came to the bridge tour and left?

Captain Jason just posted a video (timed 17 minutes ago); it shows his cabin so I'm thinking he'll be sailing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lola2013 said:

SOOO excited for you.  I just saw on Instagram that all of the Below Deck captains are currently onboard.  This will be a great adventure.

Enjoy!😎

WAIT WHAT???? Just when I thought I couldn’t get more jealous of everyone onboard for this sailing. I’m a little afraid of how many of my morals I would consider compromising to get a selfie huddled up between Captain Lee and Captain Jason. 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, GenerationX said:

WAIT WHAT???? Just when I thought I couldn’t get more jealous of everyone onboard for this sailing. I’m a little afraid of how many of my morals I would consider compromising to get a selfie huddled up between Captain Lee and Captain Jason. 😂

...and I'm jealous of your upcoming cruise on Beyond.  Let us know when your report will begin.  Always a good read!!!  Will this be the single ladies cruise that you talked about on your last cruise?

Edited by lola2013

4 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Just wanted to say I hope to see you on board. We are enroute from Long Island after morning drama with Lyft. 1st driver cancelled, 2nd driver cancelled while were sitting in his SUV. The issue? Unlike taxis and car services Ride share driver's are prohibited by law to pick-up a return fare when out of state.. Ride share drivers don't know where they are going until they arrive at passenger pick-up spot.   After some very heated arguments we negotiated a direct cash payment. We're paying a fair price, $150. The driver would have only gotten $60:from Lyft. Almost 2 hours going to cruiseport. 

Yup...feel your pain.  That,s why many limo companies will not waste time with trips to. Bayonne.  We drive our own car from LI  to Bayonne..not a great road trip but at least we are in charge. We try to avoid Bayonne!

Actually, easier for us to fly from Islip to Florida to cruise..

Glad everyone is mali g it there and many on board already!

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Yup...feel your pain.  That,s why many limo companies will not waste time with trips to. Bayonne.  We drive our own car from LI  to Bayonne..not a great road trip but at least we are in charge. We try to avoid Bayonne!

Actually, easier for us to fly from Islip to Florida to cruise..

Glad everyone is mali g it there and many on board already!

Apologies for the sidebar/OT post. 

When we were originally going by ourselves from Philly we were going to drive to Newark and park long term parking and then take a taxi to the Port, then fly back to Newark. Now with my Parents from LI,Dad who's 93(yesterday's birthday 🎂) and mom who's 84, we decided not to drive ourselves. We did get a quote from a LI Chinese owned car service of $190 which is why I suggested Uber/Lyft. Lesson learned. 

Bon  Voyage Kelly, your boyfriend and parents!!

Will be following along as DH and I sail on the Beyond end of November- our 1st “E” class & 1st ever (36 cruises) sunset veranda. We would have loved to do this sailing from our good old NY but by the time we looked, it was to late and to expensive. Sailing past the Statue of Liberty & under the Verrazano is always a thrill! Hopefully will see you on the webcam!! 

Thank you for taking us along and for such a great overview so far! We love to dance and look forward to hearing about the music onboard. We are on the 830 sitting and hope to get assigned a great table for 2 with the same wait staff each evening. 

Enjoy every moment!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Apologies for the sidebar/OT post. 

When we were originally going by ourselves from Philly we were going to drive to Newark and park long term parking and then take a taxi to the Port, then fly back to Newark. Now with my Parents from LI,Dad who's 93(yesterday's birthday 🎂) and mom who's 84, we decided not to drive ourselves. We did get a quote from a LI Chinese owned car service of $190 which is why I suggested Uber/Lyft. Lesson learned. 

Sidebar ..

Happy Birthday  to your dad....!

Hope the cruise is Wonderful!

In addition to the Statue of Liberty. I hope everyone .finds a way to view the 911 Tear Drop Memorial as you leave or are at the  pier in Bayonne..it is  awesome!

BTW $190 was a fair price.. our limo co would charge more and take us only as a favor for good customers.( they could pick up a fare from JFK on way back...but no return fare from NJ is allowed  afaik)

Seems folks disembarking waited in long lines in rain for cabs as per the Beyond issues thread!

Happy sail away to All!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hcat said:

Sidebar ..

Happy Birthday  to your dad....!

Hope the cruise is Wonderful!

In addition to the Statue of Liberty. I hope everyone .finds a way to view the 911 Tear Drop Memorial as you leave or are at the  pier in Bayonne..it is  awesome!

Thank you 

Unfortunately the fog rolled in right when we are suppose to sailaway so authorities nixed the Statue 🗽 cruise by for safety reasons. We're sailing away now. 

The Tear Drop Memorial was visible from the ship. 

Edited by kwokpot

Sidebar to the sidebar: I don't know if this would work for any of you, but just in case, here goes:

Have you considered a one-way rental car? It's a bit pricier than picking up and dropping off at the same place, but it can be a great option. In recent years, we have found it is our best option when we have to fly out of LAX. We pick up a car locally, top off the tank near LAX,  drop it off, and take the car rental shuttle to the terminal. We do the reverse for getting home. We much prefer to fly out of the smaller airport about 15 minutes from our house, but LAX is generally far less expensive, so the one-way rental is a great option for us, and far more affordable than paying for parking for more than a few days or using any sort of ride service. 

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

Sidebar to the sidebar: I don't know if this would work for any of you, but just in case, here goes:

Have you considered a one-way rental car? It's a bit pricier than picking up and dropping off at the same place, but it can be a great option. In recent years, we have found it is our best option when we have to fly out of LAX. We pick up a car locally, top off the tank near LAX,  drop it off, and take the car rental shuttle to the terminal. We do the reverse for getting home. We much prefer to fly out of the smaller airport about 15 minutes from our house, but LAX is generally far less expensive, so the one-way rental is a great option for us, and far more affordable than paying for parking for more than a few days or using any sort of ride service. 

Great idea.   We use to do the same but found Uber and Lyft to be less expensive and more convenient for us. 

• Like 1

Hi!  The internet was not my friend earlier, then my battery was getting nervously low and I was hardly in the cabin to charge it.   So, I quickly fell behind.  😆

I will give a full recap of Day 1 tomorrow (on Day 2).

Overall impressions.  Well, it is a beautiful ship and we had a great time today.  I do miss some S-class aspects.  Can I give 100's/A+'s across every category from service to ship venues and everything in between?  No.  To give an honest review, I will go into detail.  I'm not saying I didn't enjoy myself, because I did, but there were a few instances we were perplexed. 

~ Retreat Lounge and Sun Deck A+  

~ Butler, Room Steward A+

~ World Class Bartender, Daniel, excellent. We had him last year on the Equinox.  

We have the Behind Scenes Tour tomorrow morning,  so I need some sleep. 

🍹

P.S. The cabin is definitely creaking as I type this.  I heard reports of that during the Transatlantic, I can attest to my cabin creaking.  I honestly don't think I've been on a cruise that it creaked. 😅

I will leave you with one picture.  🗽

I'll go into complete detail with what we did, ate, drank, thoughts,  etc... and pictures of course.  

20221026_161905.thumb.jpg.72da5be61cfc5108878fad79aa965f53.jpg

• Like 8

Good Morning from the Atlantic Ocean on Day 2.

Today is a Sea Day as we make our way to Bermuda. 

I love the sound of the ocean. 

A bit cloudy and it appears rain in the distance but we have some fun filled activities planned for today and they are inside.  I planned them for today thinking it may still be on the cool side for fun filled pool time in this area of the Atlantic this time of year. 

Behind the Scenes Tour, Lunch, Roll Call Slot Pull, dinner at The Rooftop Garden Grill and whatever else fun we do.  

The beds:  Comfortable. Slept great.  It seemed on the hard side but it was comfortable.  

🍹

View from the balcony 

20221027_083814.thumb.jpg.6185c1e5b055fa72477c31ef9910622d.jpg

20221027_083820.thumb.jpg.c5799f5662f4473bfdbae9f09477ca75.jpg

20221027_083841.thumb.jpg.ba141d5480158f21b83a597c81e32d95.jpg

20221027_084005.thumb.jpg.757e7f610ad169513a5e2997ce779ef2.jpg

20221027_083914.thumb.jpg.356ecbff9e413619064dbb1a66991706.jpg

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

World Class Bartender, Daniel, excellent. We had him last year on the Equinox.  

It is always nice to see a familiar face on board.  Love the pics so far, especially Lady Liberty.  What deck is your suite on?  Enjoy your sea day!

• Like 1

It’s a gorgeous day on the outside decks. Sunny, some clouds,  warm and comfortable. Approx 79°

Much nicer than I expected. 

Definitely some clouds and showers in the distance so expect the unexpected. 

F2378F62-DFF6-4BA9-8A25-B7776627E876.jpeg

Edited by mfs2k
  • Like 2

For people following this review just be aware Beyond no longer offers fixed early or late seating in any of the 4main restaurants. It doesn't matter what you chose as your dining preference precruise. The ship is 100% Select anytime dining.

It was explained that 40% of each dining room is allocated to precruise reservations, the remaining 60% for walk-ins.

This would explain way there have been posts on CC of people choosing fixed early or late set seating but able to make whole cruise reservations in whatever dining room they wanted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1