CPAP water

GypsyOBRN

Just now, GypsyOBRN said:

Can you get distilled water for CPAP machine on the ship or do I have to carry it on? First time cruising with my machine. Thanks! 

I personally use the water from the bathroom sink tap (on the ship only).  It works great for the CPAP machine.  If you prefer, you can also ask your stateroom attendant for a gallon jug.

• Thanks 1

We’ve always submitted the special needs request but I think there was only 1 cruise where it was waiting.  If it’s not there, ask your stateroom attendant.  They will provide a gallon jug of distilled and an extension cord, if needed.  5 different ships - No problem at all

• Like 2

Just need to let the cruise line know you are bringing a cpap.  They will provide a gallon of distilled water and an  extension cord.  You can fill out the form others have posted, or you or your TA can call in to reservations and get it added to your booking.  Your Guest Confirmation will show “BRG CPAP” under your name.  I had one cruise where the room attendant didn’t get the information in advance.  He was able to take care of it that first day, but please let them know in advance, since boarding day is so hectic. 

Edited by JsMom2
  • Like 1

I don't bother preordering it from special needs any more. Only a couple of times was it actually waiting for me in the room.  I usually just ask the cabin attendant when he introduces himself on Day 1.  It'll then be waiting for me by dinner.

• Thanks 1

Definitely request it from Special Needs -- in my experience, the water and cord have been in my stateroom about 70% of the time.  If they're not there, just remind your stateroom attendant the first time you see him/her, and the items will appear!  BTW, your stateroom attendant will also secure the extension cord to the floor with tape so that you don't have a tripping hazard.  Just ask -- and have a great cruise!!!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jkaczanowski said:

We’ve always submitted the special needs request but I think there was only 1 cruise where it was waiting.  If it’s not there, ask your stateroom attendant.  They will provide a gallon jug of distilled and an extension cord, if needed.  5 different ships - No problem at all

Agree, SIL has had to ask again after Boarding 5 times out of 6. No biggie, they always provided Water and Cord by nite time

If it is not in your room , just ask the state room attendant to bring it.  No need to lug the water on board.  He/she will also bring an extension cord if needed.  Don't pack the CPAP machine in your luggage.  Take it with all the gear in its carrying case. It doesn't count as a carry on.   No problem getting through security.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I don't bother preordering it from special needs any more. Only a couple of times was it actually waiting for me in the room.  I usually just ask the cabin attendant when he introduces himself on Day 1.  It'll then be waiting for me by dinner.

This ^^^^^

• Like 1

Definitely register that you have a CPAP machine with Royal.  (I use the link previously reported, but the email address does work, too.)  I would say we have had about 50/50 chance of the distilled water and extension cord in the room when we arrive.  We even got an extension cord once while on the Anthem (where it is not needed due to power being available by the beds).  We now have two CPAP machines (one each) and bring a multi-plug to power both.  During our last cruise, we were able to get a second bottle of water mid-cruise because of using two machines.

As a side-story:  One time we did register and when we got to the cabin, they were not there.  We reported it to the cabin attendent.  We did get the water, but were told there were no spare extension cords available.  (Being an older ship, it was needed for the CPAP to reach the bed.)  We emphasized the need to the cabin attendent and also reported it to Guest Services.  By that evening, two people had delivered extension cords to our cabin.  (We thanked and returned the extra / unneeded second set.)

Jim (using Karen's account)

• Like 1

We always debate as to the need for our CPAP machines and usually opt out.  But, the one and only time we took them, on the Symphony, two bottles of water and an extension cord was waiting on us in our bedroom.  No problem!  We didn't need the extension cord as there are outlets next to the bed, both sides, on Symphony.  So, we used the extension cord for some Xmas lights we brought with us.  Came in handy.   

5 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

We always debate as to the need for our CPAP machines and usually opt out.  But, the one and only time we took them, on the Symphony, two bottles of water and an extension cord was waiting on us in our bedroom.  No problem!  We didn't need the extension cord as there are outlets next to the bed, both sides, on Symphony.  So, we used the extension cord for some Xmas lights we brought with us.  Came in handy.   

We literally cannot sleep without ours. When you have sleep apnea like I do going without is not an option. I bring this adapter and an 8 foot extension chord with us on every vacation. I am on Allure next weekend. And we are only bringing the adapter as there is only a single outlet under the beds on that ship. So yeah. I plan ahead to avoid going sleepless for a week. Note that this adapter is perfectly fine because it has no surge protection. DO NOT bring your own surge protector. It will be confiscated. 

47962_W3.jpg

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, GypsyOBRN said:

Thank you!! I emailed & they replied. 53D8967E-50D1-423B-8005-213DB470F23F.thumb.png.707c088d9816ab7e451c917aec9a9ea4.png

You may want to crop the image.  Your phone number and email are visible.  Excuse my rudeness, I should have called to tell you.

Edited by soremekun

Fill out the form.  Send it in.

Wait for nothing to happen.

Get to your cabin and nothing will be there—no extension cord or distilled water.

Ask your stateroom attendant.

They will take care of it.

Just my experience.

• 2 months later...

Most cruise ships have distilled water available for purchase, or you may be able to request it from the ship's staff. However, it is always best to double-check with your cruise line to confirm the availability of distilled water for your CPAP machine. If possible, it is recommended that you bring your own distilled water with you in case the ship does not have it available.

On 10/22/2022 at 4:56 PM, babchia said:

One time we did register and when we got to the cabin, they were not there.  We reported it to the cabin attendent.  We did get the water, but were told there were no spare extension cords available. 

This to me is the reason to send the request to guest services ahead of time.  If you didn't tell them ahead of time, and they ran out, well then Too Bad So Sad.  But since you did, that is on them. 

• Like 1