Perks for booking future cruise while onboard?

wotec

We’re sailing on Volendam at Christmas and also planning to book Oosterdam for dec 2023 Christmas Antarctica, Signature Suite.  What perks amenities can we anticipate by booking while onboard?  Wondering it it’s worth it to wait 2 months vs booking now while there is good choice of staterooms.  Thanks 

You should get a on board credit    .We now come to like  using Club Orange to up grade  .It is most valuable on the Pinnacle class ships   like Koningsdam  ie  not so sure it is  as good on the other  vessels in HAL's fleet  .but ,you can ask that question  to the future  cruise sales desk person  when you are on board 

6 hours ago, wotec said:

We’re sailing on Volendam at Christmas and also planning to book Oosterdam for dec 2023 Christmas Antarctica, Signature Suite.  What perks amenities can we anticipate by booking while onboard?  Wondering it it’s worth it to wait 2 months vs booking now while there is good choice of staterooms.  Thanks 

If it were 'me.....I  can only dream....., but..

"Christmas"

"Antartica"      and

"Signature Suite",

I would be booking it now over waiting 2 months for the better choice of suite

Then I would still sit down with them on board, explain why I booked early and see if they would include that extra OBC.... 

8 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

If you are from N. America don't you guys have the 'luxury' of being able to cancel before Final Payment?  

I would book now and then see if you get a better offer onboard.

Wow - is that an option for you folks? Can't you book through a US based agent?

I agree though - if there was a cabin I wanted - secure it now. If you can do better on-board, cancel and rebook.

My 'very' limited experience tells me they would just award the extra OBC "on board booking" OBC. I recently received a "thanks for sailing and here is $X OBC for your 'next new' booking" a couple of weeks after a cruise we did. I had just booked (a week earlier) a new cruise, so I just called in and asked "I'd rather not cancel and rebook that booking for the extra OBC, can you just add it?" - and they did. (-:

• Like 1

I recently booked a 14-day Alaska cruise while on the Noordam.  I used to not choose a specific cruise and just buy the FCD.  HAL has upped the ante so it was worth it for me to make a decision onboard.  I got $125 of OBC for an inside cabin vs. $25 if I waited.  The deposit was only $100 and I got to pick the cabin I wanted.  I like those aft square K cabins on Main deck.  

Edited by Roz
  • Thanks 1

We always load up on the FCDs (Future Cruise Deposits) onboard.

Why?

It's only a $100 deposit and comes w/OBC.  It is refundable after 4 years (I think that's the timeline) if you don't use it.

(Rarely get to visit with the lady at the cruise desk.....She always has an elderly gentleman at her desk talking loudly about all his previous cruises....So we fill out the form and drop it in the box)

• Haha 1