booking a TUI river cruise

dazadelaide

Hi all, has anyone have any experience in booking a TUI river cruise if you dont live in Europe.

We live in Australia and cant seem to get any T A here that is able to book a TUI cruise.

I have e-mailed TUI but they have never answered so I am thinking that it might not be possible.

so if anyone has done this or knows if it is able to be done please pass on any info you can.

Thanks

Daz

• Like 1

They are basically a German company, I’ve searched their site and they seem not to even recognise Auss. Try the German email I’m surprised there’s been no answer, very poor customer service or is it just ignorance for some reason, as in ignore and it will go away! Good luck

6 hours ago, Canal archive said:

They are basically a German company, I’ve searched their site and they seem not to even recognise Auss. Try the German email I’m surprised there’s been no answer, very poor customer service or is it just ignorance for some reason, as in ignore and it will go away! Good luck

TUI Cruises is German but TUI River Cruises is UK 😉

steamboats

It is indeed this set-up that TUI while originally German, is very much present on the British market. The river cruise "division" only exists in Britain, the German one has been defunct for years and the idea was fairly recently re-established so to speak, but only for the British market.

I think it could be fairly complicated booking and paying TUI from Australia. I think a direct phone call with TUI in Britain could clarify this.

notamermaid

On 10/23/2022 at 12:49 AM, dazadelaide said:

Hi all, has anyone have any experience in booking a TUI river cruise if you dont live in Europe.

We live in Australia and cant seem to get any T A here that is able to book a TUI cruise.

I have e-mailed TUI but they have never answered so I am thinking that it might not be possible.

so if anyone has done this or knows if it is able to be done please pass on any info you can.

Thanks

Daz

I'm in the US and went on the TUI website and I was easily able to book a TUI cruise.  I assumed you would fly into London Gatwick and then TUI would take it from there.  Why not just book direct on their site?  Then book your flights to London Gatwick - you could even book a night at the airport hotel between to make sure you have plenty of time to get to London Gatwick and time to adjust to the time change. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 10/23/2022 at 3:49 PM, dazadelaide said:

Thanks

Daz

Hi I too am from Australia and would like to book with TUI, just wondering if you had any luck and if you could pass any details on how you manage to book?

Edited by PrincessBell

There are so many river tour companies I am not clear why Australians want to book with TUI since TUI don't seem to make it easy.

I haven't been with TUI and I don't live in Australia.

River cruises sold in UK include travel to/from  the boat mostly by air although some cruises offer Eurostar (Train from London through channel tunnel) as an alternative, so flights to UK from OZ are needed.

If @dazadelaide wants to be in Europe before and after trip, then one could book a flight from Oz to/from the respective cities, and book the TUI cruise. Then either meet the TUI rep in the arrivals hall at the inbound airport for travel to the boat or make your own way to the boat. At end of trip, don't go on included coach to airport but tell the Tour Director you're doing your own thing.

This way you are paying for, but not using, the included air travel from Britain.

If you want to go with TUI to be with friends, arrange with them to use their postal address to make things easier.

A number of river cruise lines have offices in Oz for booking from Oz.

Or, look at booking with another line through their US office. I understand that they don't generally include flights, so you are paying just for the river cruise.

It's just all too hard to do from oz. 

We will try and book something when we get to England but our fear is that it will all be booked out by then.

The reason we don't want to book any in oz is because of the cost.

3 times the price for a similar cruise is the main reason we would like to book Tui.

Daz

7 hours ago, dazadelaide said:

The reason we don't want to book any in oz is because of the cost.

3 times the price for a similar cruise is the main reason we would like to book Tui.

Could you look at A-Rosa or Viva Cruises, both German but very much eyeing the international market now? Booking from the US is possible but Australia I have no idea.

notamermaid

• Like 1

I couldn't see how to make a booking on TUI River Cruise website, but they have an app and that lets one book and pay for cruises. And you can book a cruise without the travel to/from boat element

The TUI app | Download Now | TUI.co.uk

MORE REASONS WHY YOU NEED THE TUI HOLIDAY APP

The TUI app’s like having a holiday expert in your pocket. Here’s a little more about why it’s a must for your holiday…

• More about browsing and booking breaks

There’s no quicker way to start your holiday search than with the TUI app. Flights, beach breaks and excursions are all at your fingertips.

• Filter holiday options to fine-tune your results, and search for flights from local airports.

• Get instant info on room upgrades, board details and flight extras.

• Check out and pay, or set up a Direct Debit, all from the palm of your hand.

• Like 1