Are Ships Really Filling Up with Pax

mcrcruiser

We were on the Koningsdam this month, and it was packed. Long lines and crowds. The Internet service, which I have happily used on six prior HAL cruises, was almost unusable when it wasn't down completely.

We will be sticking to smaller HAL ships in the future. Even when they were full they weren't as crowded.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, IPB4IGO said:

We were on the Koningsdam this month, and it was packed. Long lines and crowds. The Internet service, which I have happily used on six prior HAL cruises, was almost unusable when it wasn't down completely.

We will be sticking to smaller HAL ships in the future. Even when they were full they weren't as crowded.

I don’t know what the issue is with the Koningsdam but it just doesn’t have great flow and always seems to have a line somewhere.  I sailed on the NS and it seemed much more efficient at people moving but I wasn’t know for sure until I next sail her when full 

2 hours ago, Mary229 said:

I don’t know what the issue is with the Koningsdam but it just doesn’t have great flow and always seems to have a line somewhere.

Thanks also to @IPB4IGO for your reports on the K'dam. We are on her for a B2B over NYE. Lines don't bother us much, and if necessary we will just enjoy our Vista Suite (first time on a Pinnacle) and verandah. (We haven't previously been Suite people excepting one upsell for three adults on the Zaandam, where it was extremely fortuitous, but did not result in double Mariner points!) We like the Crows Nest and the Lincoln Center performances. And just to be having a vacation after nearly three years!

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Thanks also to @IPB4IGO for your reports on the K'dam. We are on her for a B2B over NYE. Lines don't bother us much, and if necessary we will just enjoy our Vista Suite (first time on a Pinnacle) and verandah. (We haven't previously been Suite people excepting one upsell for three adults on the Zaandam, where it was extremely fortuitous, but did not result in double Mariner points!) We like the Crows Nest and the Lincoln Center performances. And just to be having a vacation after nearly three years!

Us  as well it has been over 3 years since we sailed on the older  /smaller  Rotterdam    from Tampa to the Western Caribbean April 2019   .It has been the pits  waiting so long to cruise once again  .Lock downs just do not work very well doe any one  or business