Will NCL, specifically the Prima be showing the World Series, which will be on Fox?

CruizinSusan70

30 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

im pleasantly surprised no one has said you are on a cruise, turn off tv, cell phone blah blah blah. we can do what we want on our cruise!

This will be the first time that I’ve been on a cruise where I’ve actually given two hoots about current events back on shore. 😄

Since we have watched almost every televised Astros game this year, watching the World Series is exactly one if the activities we want to do on our cruise!  We have had football games in the old O’Sheehan’s on the big screen in the past, as well as many in our cabin.  And with the ship leaving out of Galveston there should be plenty of interest!   

6 hours ago, PATRLR said:

If it was teams people actually cared about, they might 😉

(I'm kidding.  It's a joke.  A joke sort of like my Yankees efforts against the Astros is a joke)

Braves fan here, it was a good one. 

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

im pleasantly surprised no one has said you are on a cruise, turn off tv, cell phone blah blah blah. we can do what we want on our cruise!

Also pleasantly surprised that nobody has (yet) felt the need to start a political rant at the mention of the network.  It's a Cruise Critic Miracle, folks!!!

• Haha 2

To all you Phillies fans, can't blame you for booking your cruise during the WS....who would've thunk it?!  Great run. Hope you crush the Astros!!  (And also find a way to follow the games).

-signed,

Lifelong Mets fan who, yeah, is still hurting

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JGmf said:

To all you Phillies fans, can't blame you for booking your cruise during the WS....who would've thunk it?!  Great run. Hope you crush the Astros!!  (And also find a way to follow the games).

-signed,

Lifelong Mets fan who, yeah, is still hurting

Braves, Mets Dodgers, GONE.  Who would have thought that? Nobody. Good luck to the Phil’s…they earned it. 

2018 Sox v Dodgers

Boarding Dawn out of Boston as WS starts.

Straight to Guest Services-- "Will you have the Games on in the Atrium, or will I have to watch at one of the bars?"

"Ummm, no."

"No, not in the Atrium, or No not in the Bars?"

"Ummm, neither."

"So I can only watch it in my cabin?"

"Ummm, no.  We won't have the game on anywhere."

"Including my cabin?? YOU'RE NOT GOING TO HAVE THE WORLD SERIES ON ANYWHERE?!  We're sailing out of Boston for Chrissakes!! You probably have 2000 Red Sox fans coming aboard!!"

"I apologize sir,  it's not in my control."

"Man, I don't want to be YOU for the next three hours."

We miss game 1.

Next morning, Captain's daily announcements include..

"Good morning guests, blah blah blah....... and going forward, we WILL be having World Series Baseball available for viewing as so many of our valued passengers have requested. "

If ENOUGH of you *****&Moan LOUD enough, things can happen.  Do it politely.

• Like 2

Huge Phillies Phan here, this doesn’t sound good.  Yeah, never dreamed this team would be here, so booked a cruise to French Polynesia during the Series, doh!  Really hoping it will be on the ship. We are in port every day, and with 2pm local games, hoping to find a local bar as a backup plan. I know NCL has not been the best in the past showing live sports. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dcipjr said:

Can anyone else chime in on whether they’ve been carrying the World Series and/or MLB playoffs? I’m from Philly and would hate to miss it.

I'm not sure about the World Series but I watched the Eagles win the Super Bowl in 2018 on the Breakaway. Every TV on deck and in every bar had it on

• Like 2