British Isles

diskids2

3 hours ago, diskids2 said:

Anyone have a go to cruise line for british isles or a go to itinerary.  We are looking for a heavy focus on Ireland.

Any recommendations...thank you so much!

We’re doing the Princess 12 day British Isles in May.   It has 3 Ireland stops, but maybe still not as in depth as you’re thinking?

Been looking at the UK for a return cruise as really enjoyed our past one.  Oceania has a 10 day cruise Dublin to Dublin in August 2024 with 6 ports of call in Ireland and 3 in England and may be the one Mrs. F. is referring to. There is also a 8 day Belfast to Belfast in June 2024 with 6 ports of call in Ireland and 1 in Northern Ireland. 

22 hours ago, Mary loves to travel said:

We’re doing the Princess 12 day British Isles in May.   It has 3 Ireland stops, but maybe still not as in depth as you’re thinking?

I've seen that one and it does appeal to us with the three stops.  

21 hours ago, gunnywife said:

I think there's a land tour before the Princess British Isles cruise and that seems to focus on Ireland.

I'm going to look into that too.

21 hours ago, Bob++ said:

Have you thought about flying via Dublin (Shannon) and spending a few days there before or after?

It could be an option.  I just have to want to plan on my own and with all I have going on, I might not be able to do it....but it is a very good option.

4 hours ago, Mrs f. said:

We have an oceania british Isles cruise in August 

I will check out oceania - thanks to both of you!

2 hours ago, WESTEAST said:
22 hours ago, Mary loves to travel said:

I've looked at that one and it does appeal because of the three stops.  

• Like 1

We just booked a 10 night with NCL from Southampton that does Waterford, Dingle, Galway, Killybegs, Belfast, Dublin and Cork. This is our first time to Ireland and we are thinking this will give us a great overview of the area.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2022 at 1:23 PM, WESTEAST said:

Been looking at the UK for a return cruise as really enjoyed our past one.  Oceania has a 10 day cruise Dublin to Dublin in August 2024 with 6 ports of call in Ireland and 3 in England and may be the one Mrs. F. is referring to. There is also a 8 day Belfast to Belfast in June 2024 with 6 ports of call in Ireland and 1 in Northern Ireland. 

Ours is the Oceania Vista August 18,2023. It's wait listed but we cleared the waitlist in about a month.

Goes to Edinburgh,  Kirkwall  (orkney islands), stornoway (hebrides), Glasgow,  Belfast,  Liverpool, dublin, holyhead, Waterford,  portland,

On 11/5/2022 at 9:32 AM, Mrs f. said:

Ours is the Oceania Vista August 18,2023. It's wait listed but we cleared the waitlist in about a month.

Goes to Edinburgh,  Kirkwall  (orkney islands), stornoway (hebrides), Glasgow,  Belfast,  Liverpool, dublin, holyhead, Waterford,  portland,

We are sailing on the new Vista in June.  Our UK cruise onboard Marina was in August and did need to dress in layers for some northern ports. Very excited to sail the new Vista ship.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 1:53 PM, diskids2 said:

Anyone have a go to cruise line for british isles or a go to itinerary.  We are looking for a heavy focus on Ireland.

I'm looking at an 11-night cruise on Azamara Pursuit, starting June 13, from Dublin to Southampton with 7 ports of call in the Irish Republic and Northern Ireland: Warrenpoint, Belfast (overnight), Londonderry, Donegal, Galway, Foynes, and Cobh/Cork. It also includes an overnight aboard ship in Dublin before sailing. I've never been on Azamara, but they get excellent reviews. Their current promotion includes a balcony for the price of an inside and $1,000/cabin of OBC.