Nieuw Statendam to miss Turk and Caicos stop on 11/01?

RichardHead1

On 10/25/2022 at 8:45 AM, Cruising-along said:

Hi!
“25% off 2nd drink of select cocktails, wine by glass, beers and entry level spirits”. 

I’m not surprised by ship to ship inconsistencies on HAL. I have seen it for years but this is a big discrepancy from what Happy Hour prices were on Nieuw Amsterdam the last month I was was on. I got off Tuesday. Our HH price was 50% off any drink!!  BIG difference I think!  ~Nancy 

On 10/24/2022 at 10:39 PM, scubacruiserx2 said:

HAL pulled the same stunt on us . We booked Grand Turk for our grandson's 20th birthday present so we could SCUBA together and have lunch at a place that we love there . Just after we payed they cancelled GT and gave us Key West in it's place . And on our current cruise on the Neiuw Amsterdam when we boarded the ship in Vancouver they cancelled 2 ports and changed days on 1 port and times on 2 other ports forcing us to scramble our plans with our private guides . It's the old bait and switch game after we paid in full for 5 weeks in a Neptune suite .

Hurricanes happen. You should see where I live.

On 10/25/2022 at 4:53 PM, RichardHead1 said:

We went back in this morning and rebooked the same excursion that was canceled on us yesterday with our credit with no issues for next week on the Nieuw Statendam.

We were told that they made a minor mistake while addressing the date change for the Rotterdam’s original planned visit to T&C which was scheduled for 11/01 and now is 11/07. Multiple people were impacted unfortunately.

We do hope the folks that were impacted do read their emails and capture the change and are able to rebook and not get impacted next Tuesday.

Easier to do it now than wait and find it sold out or at the pier and told your not on the list…

For those of us who love Grand Turk this is good news . The Nieuw Statendam is in GT today and the Rotterdam is set for Monday 11-7-22 . 

A video clip of the beautiful area where we love to dive ( and eat ) . This was from the Neiuw Amsterdam's visit on New Year's Day this year .

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, FeliciaLee said:

Thank you for the beautiful video.

It was great meeting you two. I sent you an e-mail, hope you got it!

Thanks FeliciaLee . And it was great meeting you 2 also . Unfortunately we have not been able to find the great price that you did on the Seaborne Sojourn on the 29th , so we redirected our energy to a Western Cruise back on the NA . It includes 2 of our other favorite dive spots , Grand Cayman and Cozumel ( if the storms leave us and them alone ) . We booked a Signature Suite this time hoping for an upgrade . And by God's grace we got an E-mail  from HAL yesterday offering the last Neptune for $ 200 each and we pounced on it like the hungry masses on the LIDO at lunchtime .  🙏

• Like 2