Penthouse Suite Guarantee

cadburysmom

Very much looking forward to a wonderful first time on Ovation in just over a week!

...however, this also happens to be my first time booking a "guarantee" and I've yet to receive a cabin assignment despite the website showing no availability in our guaranteed suite category.   As it's a penthouse suite (another first for me...hooray), I'm not too worried as they all look to be in wonderful locations but would think we'd have been given our suite assignment by now as this particular category is sold out.  

Has anyone experienced this before?  Not complaining, mind you...just curious.

Disclaimer: my experience is all pre-Covid so who knows if still relevant.

We have often taken a guarantee allocation and the timeline for suite number has been anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 days before departure. Even on completely sold out holiday cruises, for example, allocation would show just a few days before departure.

As this is your first SB, can I just ask if you have checked in your online account. There were times when my TA hadn't received notification but it was in my online booking details. 

I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Isklaar said:

Disclaimer: my experience is all pre-Covid so who knows if still relevant.

We have often taken a guarantee allocation and the timeline for suite number has been anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 days before departure. Even on completely sold out holiday cruises, for example, allocation would show just a few days before departure.

As this is your first SB, can I just ask if you have checked in your online account. There were times when my TA hadn't received notification but it was in my online booking details. 

I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Thank you.  Interesting to learn that even on sold out cruises allocation would sometimes show only a few days before departure.  I guess it's better than "day of"...and yes, I'd previously checked my online account and boarding pass but of course checked again, both still showing "to be assigned"...

Oh well, I'll know for sure in 10 days 8 hours 17 minutes.  Something more to look forward to!

Thanks again!

• 3 months later...
On 10/26/2022 at 10:06 AM, cadburysmom said:

Hooray! ...received my suite number today.

Deck 11 right down the hall from the Observation Bar. 🍸

Cheers to that!

I love being on the 11th floor. Almost like being on a private yacht . The observation bar is empty most of the day, and like having a living room. Nice outdoor deck space with loungers and couches overlooking the pool. Of course in the evening, just roll off your bar stool right into the cabin ! 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, fdnycruiser said:

I love being on the 11th floor. Almost like being on a private yacht . The observation bar is empty most of the day, and like having a living room. Nice outdoor deck space with loungers and couches overlooking the pool. Of course in the evening, just roll off your bar stool right into the cabin ! 

Well said and couldn't agree more!!