Floral Arrangements

deedaoz

I know that the market has beautiful floral arrangements for sale, and in my information booklet, it said floral arrangements in cabins are only in Category B and up.  Do they allow you to buy an arrangement at the market to take onboard?  

Also, are the local ladies back on the ship making leis and crowns for Polynesian night?

TIA Dee

44 minutes ago, deedaoz said:

I know that the market has beautiful floral arrangements for sale, and in my information booklet, it said floral arrangements in cabins are only in Category B and up.  Do they allow you to buy an arrangement at the market to take onboard?  

Also, are the local ladies back on the ship making leis and crowns for Polynesian night?

TIA Dee

Should not be a problem to bring flowers aboard ....

The 'Mamas' for the leis is hit a miss. We had them on-board in July but was told they were not on-board a week ago.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 3:49 PM, deedaoz said:

Also, are the local ladies back on the ship making leis and crowns for Polynesian nigh

Although the local ladies were not on board to make leis and crowns for us in September, les Gauguines were in and around the piano bar passing out leis for all passengers on Polynesian night. These were not as elaborate as what the local ladies created, but it was a nice touch.

On 10/27/2022 at 8:54 PM, MrRandal said:

Although the local ladies were not on board to make leis and crowns for us in September, les Gauguines were in and around the piano bar passing out leis for all passengers on Polynesian night. These were not as elaborate as what the local ladies created, but it was a nice touch.

Is Polynesian night (on the 7-day cruise) still on the Thursday evening?

On 10/27/2022 at 7:03 PM, liamur14 said:

🥲. Awhhh....  I was so looking forward to the ladies coming on board and making leis and crowns... and also  getting a temp Maori  tattoo as well.  Is this part of their cut backs? 🥲

Was told on October cruise that it had to do with some of them being unvaccinated.

Cruise ships have been trying to keep the onboard environment as safe as possible.  Our AMA Tulip Time river cruise in April had no local entertainers and the guides were not allowed to come onboard.  We would then spend hours with the guide (sometimes on a bus) – but they still couldn't come onboard at the end of the excursion.

Various countries and ports have also been holding cruise ships to a higher standard than any other form of travel.  So this rule may be from PG, or it may be from the local government.

5 hours ago, mermaid 285 said:

But no more Tahitian ladies coming on board to do flower garlands?  Do the dance troops still come on board in Huahine?

The kids did not come on-board this last week.

No ladies came on-board this last week but they did have nice flowers leis for everyone already made ... this may be a temporary thing 😉

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna