LIVE! -- Dragon of the Seas goes to the Beyond and Back, October 26-Novemeber 4

DragonOfTheSeas

The Captain just gave his daily update from the bridge.  He is so funny. He only gives the position and tempersture and a couple of jokes. He is finished in about two minutes.  

Today's jokes were about Curacao.  One comment was that it is a very small island and he hoped he could find it by Monday. 

He said that the seas are as smooth as they can get.  If it were any smoother it would be illegal to sail.  

I know they are corny jokes--but, he is so serious when he says them. Ha Ha Ha!  🤣

• Like 3

On deck 9 there is no noise from docking except the vibrations when using the thrusters(same all over the ship). This accessible cabin has its own small vestibule that is shared with a non accessible cabin, and a door that can be closed to the hallway.

Hal

38 minutes ago, HS2BS said:

On deck 9 there is no noise from docking except the vibrations when using the thrusters(same all over the ship). This accessible cabin has its own small vestibule that is shared with a non accessible cabin, and a door that can be closed to the hallway.

Hal

Thanks so much for the information.  We are used to the vibrations and that is one way to get me out of bed early in the morning! 🙂 Have a great day!

This is my favorite place [art installation] on the whole ship.  It is a hallway on deck 5 that leads from the aft elevator to Eden.  The amount of light in the hall cycles from almost dark to a little light.  It bounces off the blobs on the ceiling and floor and the mirrored walls. 

I waited to take this picture until there was the most light.  It is very other worldly. You walk around the objects to get to the other side. 

dark.jpeg.2e8bc963e0b7a362a74dfc5ccc324cd9.jpeg

• Like 2

Eden is a unique location.  It takes up some space on decks 4, 5, and 6. The ship holds shows/experiences in here at night and they have dinner seating.  It is also the location of various important events.

Sign.png.f2a91822e19079330c7f0eeed45a7a07.png

1745632806_Edenchair.jpeg.2a645e0aba3255fe604cbdad48c29d9c.jpeg

184935098_eden1.png.f7fb36d43cff001f20d4b2185de23975.png

913136932_eden4.jpeg.cce1b7156fc804633f375b8a311e4b64.jpeg

We wanted to book Eden for dinner, but it was sold out long before the cruise. It is a beautiful venue.  

132699951_EdenDining.png.3363e0dbb3f684560567485d39464165.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

This is my favorite place [art installation] on the whole ship.  It is a hallway on deck 5 that leads from the aft elevator to Eden.  The amount of light in the hall cycles from almost dark to a little light.  It bounces off the blobs on the ceiling and floor and the mirrored walls. 

I waited to take this picture until there was the most light.  It is very other worldly. You walk around the objects to get to the other side. 

dark.jpeg.2e8bc963e0b7a362a74dfc5ccc324cd9.jpeg

It may be great art but  it is also a busy passage way..

Hopefully we can still get up to EDEN by  using the staircase  next to BLU.

I had enough  trouble going through the similar space on EDGE ( Creepy forest) and this looks more daunting.. esp for folks like me with visual issues.

On EDGE, the scooter folks used to race through....saw several near  collisions.. This space looks wider but  will AVOID if possible...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

I had enough  trouble going through the similar space on EDGE ( Creepy forest) and this looks more daunting.. esp for folks like me with visual issues.

On EDGE, the scooter folks used to race through....saw several near  collisions.. This space looks wider but  will AVOID if possible...

IMO the same space on the Apex is the best of the 3 much lighter, mirrored walls and white thin sculptures.  The Beyond is the worst of the 3,  I dreaded going through there also have some vision issues.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 7:16 AM, Darspurs said:

Very strange obviously dependant on position but in 20+ cruises this is by far the quietest a cabin has ever been, I know the waters have so far been very calm but we have not heard the slightest creaking and we have never slept so well on a ship.

FYI we have an Infinite Veranda cabin on deck 7 right by the central elevators. One other thing we have kept the folding doors open all the time. No idea if they creak if you close them.

Ditto.  We are forward on deck 8 in the porthole balconies and love it.  Pretty quiet and yes the odd creaking noise but nothing that would keep you from sleeping.  That is not to say that some areas do not have issues.  Our area is fine.

We are, after all,  in the Atlantic Ocean.    We have sailed on many ships over the years and all creak somewhat.   Some a little more than others and it depends on the weather.

5 hours ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Eden is a unique location.  It takes up some space on decks 4, 5, and 6. The ship holds shows/experiences in here at night and they have dinner seating.  It is also the location of various important events.

Sign.png.f2a91822e19079330c7f0eeed45a7a07.png

1745632806_Edenchair.jpeg.2a645e0aba3255fe604cbdad48c29d9c.jpeg

184935098_eden1.png.f7fb36d43cff001f20d4b2185de23975.png

913136932_eden4.jpeg.cce1b7156fc804633f375b8a311e4b64.jpeg

We wanted to book Eden for dinner, but it was sold out long before the cruise. It is a beautiful venue.  

132699951_EdenDining.png.3363e0dbb3f684560567485d39464165.png

Last photo.. one of our favorite spots for sailaway.  Drinks  from  EDEN bar and nice wake views..often a nice  little party develops!

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

IMO the same space on the Apex is the best of the 3 much lighter, mirrored walls and white thin sculptures.  The Beyond is the worst of the 3,  I dreaded going through there also have some vision issues.

We have plotted an avoidance route....we have a few parties to attend in EDEN, like the Cafe for lunch and just hanging out there...Glad we are in Luminae not BLU..fewer trips  needed.    I liked the creative art  passages on S ( ?)  Class ships...very nice murals, etc  with sound effects too!   But easy to pas through...

9 minutes ago, hcat said:

Last photo.. one of our favorite spots for sailaway.  Drinks  from  EDEN bar and nice wake views..often a nice  little party develops!

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

We have plotted an avoidance route....we have a few parties to attend in EDEN, like the Cafe for lunch and just hanging out there...Glad we are in Luminae not BLU..fewer trips  needed.    I liked the creative art  passages on S ( ?)  Class ships...very nice murals, etc  with sound effects too!   But easy to pas through...

Edin cafe is also our favourite for the free breakfast and lunch.

37 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

I will have to try there for those meals.  I saw on the menu they have a Reuben for lunch.  That is my favorite sandwich. 🙂

Unless the actual menu aboard Eden Café is different than is what is listed in the App the Reuben is not offered in Beyond's Eden Café. Different ship's in the Edge class have slightly different menus that what's served on sister ships.

9 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

Unless the actual menu aboard Eden Café is different than is what is listed in the App the Reuben is not offered in Beyond's Eden Café. Different ship's in the Edge class have slightly different menus that what's served on sister ships.

When I took my Eden pictures yesterday the lunch menu board was still up.  It had a reubin listed in the handheld sandwich category.  But that could have been a daily special.  I will have to check it out late and let you know.

15 hours ago, hcat said:

Yes, there is a staircase next to Blu that will allow you to bypass this hallway. It leads up from the lobby in front of the Cosmopolitan and Cyrus restaurants.

16 hours ago, jelayne said:

Apex

42F651C2-9724-42EF-A4DF-CFD48FF0ACF1.thumb.jpeg.bb4dd0a2ecdefd35c4b797f1e7fd827b.jpeg

• Like 2