No more full bottle liquor sales

crewsweeper

5 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I still have my bottle of rum order for my Thanksgiving cruise.  Hope it doesn't disappear 😱!

I hope it doesn't, but if it does you will have a great conversation starter the entire cruise... in your best pirate accent, just interject into each conversation "Why is the rum always gone???"

• Haha 2

I have 3 cruises booked, all have a bottle of liquor pre ordered. After that I guess it will be coffee and lemonade on my balcony. I'm not getting the Cheers package, It is way too expensive for me, my wife does not drink alcohol. 

Edited by bugsy7

4 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I hope it doesn't, but if it does you will have a great conversation starter the entire cruise... in your best pirate accent, just interject into each conversation "Why is the rum always gone???"

I'll wear a patch over my eye and peg leg my way around the ship saying "arrrrr, me rum is missin', shiver me timbers!  I'll keelhaul the scurvy knave who grabbed it!"  Yes, I have watched too much SpongeBob Squarepants.🏴‍☠️

• Haha 5

I am confident this is less about profits and more about behavioral issues.

Control.

It's illegal to consume your own alcohol when flying for the same reason, behavior, as well as it's a safety issue....drunk people can get in the way in an emergency or can create one.

People getting hammed in their cabin and then go out looking for a good time or a fight.

I don't drink, but I did, and I see the problem and this is the only way to address it other than cutting everyone off sooner, and no one wants that, right?

11 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I still have my bottle of rum order for my Thanksgiving cruise.  Hope it doesn't disappear 😱!

There have been some reports on facebook of some some folks boarding and receiving a "out of stock" letter that says they will be refunded and others who have not yet sailed have reported having their orders auto cancelled and refunded by Carnival. Those that have placed orders already are theoretically supposed to get them but I would not count on it and have a backup plan. 

2 hours ago, fyree39 said:

I'm still hopeful the lines will open 420 bars. No fights, added revenue from ordering in pizza and cold drinks. Ooooo, a 420 tapas bar. I'd pay for that!

I'd be totally down with a 420 bar....Maybe like those O2 bars with the nose inhaler thing.

Til then, vapes, edibles and drink powder works

7 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

I'd be totally down with a 420 bar....Maybe like those O2 bars with the nose inhaler thing.

Til then, vapes, edibles and drink powder works

The current administration is talking about changing the federal schedule classification. Could be a reality in the very near future. Carnival will need to increase the food budget though! 😁

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, fyree39 said:

I'm still hopeful the lines will open 420 bars. No fights, added revenue from ordering in pizza and cold drinks. Ooooo, a 420 tapas bar. I'd pay for that!

There certainly are links between "420" and behavior modification including paranoia and aggression. Probably not as much as alcohol, but also not as well studied.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

There certainly are links between "420" and behavior modification including paranoia and aggression. Probably not as much as alcohol, but also not as well studied.

A summa cum laude student of reefer madness no doubt. 🙄 

Better watch out for that jazz music! Quick! Protect your daughters! 

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Paranoia, sure, agreed.

Aggression? I disagree. 

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

There have been some reports on facebook of some some folks boarding and receiving a "out of stock" letter that says they will be refunded and others who have not yet sailed have reported having their orders auto cancelled and refunded by Carnival. Those that have placed orders already are theoretically supposed to get them but I would not count on it and have a backup plan. 

Just go to the store on board and demand a bottle from there

1 hour ago, bugsy7 said:

I am confident this IS about profit. They are not closing the bars early, and they have just raised the price off drinks and drink packages.

Most corporate announcements of "responsibility" have something to do with profit. It's the same reason there is no 10 drink punch card. They don't want people finding this is all they need. Instead, we all need that $1000 Cheers package for "peace of mind."

14 hours ago, fyree39 said:

I digress. My husband will miss the bottle of wine, if that has actually changed, but he's not against ordering a glass of wine or a cocktail while cruising. We started spending a little more on board each cruise and we find he have a much better time than when we're trying to save every penny we can. We have a budget and always stick to it.

given the smoking restrictions, and US drug laws, I doubt a 420 bar would ever open on a ship, at least int he near term. And if you think some items are inflated on board ships, just think what they would charge at a 420 bar.  Would make Cheers really seem like a bargain.

You can still bring your own wine on board. So your hubby is going to remain happy.

Some poster above said just go to the store on board as demand a bottle...Ain't gonna happen.  And if a clerk does honor a prepaid order, the passenger will get it at the end of the cruise.

3 hours ago, bugsy7 said:

I am confident this IS about profit. They are not closing the bars early, and they have just raised the price off drinks and drink packages.

A bottle of so co cost me 84 dollars a few weeks ago.  This does not qualify as a cutback and there is a lot of profit built in to that price.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thunderingherd11 said:

A bottle of so co cost me 84 dollars a few weeks ago.  This does not qualify as a cutback and there is a lot of profit built in to that price.  

now you pay individually for the 15 drinks you get from the bottle at $10 per drink, so carnival gets 150.00 instead of $84.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dbrucern said:

My confusion is how they think still allowing wine and beer to preordered will slow or stop the problem of the few. I guess they have never seen someone drunk on wine or beer.

So trouble makers will now start ordering wine or beer just to spite Carnival?  or will they move on?

• Like 1

My confusion is how they think still allowing wine and beer to preordered will slow or stop the problem of the few. I guess they have never seen someone drunk on wine or beer.

2 regular bottles of wine or 8 beers (tops) is all you can preorder for the week, I dont think most people in a cabin will be falling down drunk during that week from that amount compared to hard liquor.   Even if you include the 2 bottles of wine a couple can bring on board with them and the preorder.  That being said, if someone brings wine and preorders wine plus gets cheers...then maybe a possible problem...

There are 33.8 ounces in a litter, if you pour yourself a 2 ounce shot you have 16.9 drinks. The $95 liquor I buy from Carnival costs about $120 which comes to $3.55 an ounce. I like to drink mine neat. I bet you don't get a 2 ounce pour from Carnival.

• Like 1