How’s the internet?

def0715

I’ll be on the Meraviglia for three days and purchased the plan, hoping to do some work at the very least on the ship before we leave port. Anyone have personal experience with the internet on the ship? At sea? Is there better service in a particular area? I don’t need to stream video or anything. First time on MSC. Internet worked flawlessly on Carnival Pride in February the first four sea days when we were en route from L.A. to Hawaii. (I was pleasantly surprised.) Thanks for any insight!

We had an Internet package on Meraviglia, no issues to report. Sometimes it's quicker than others, depends on volume of users. Generally, it was fine for emails and browsing. We weren't downloading or streaming, so I couldn't say if it was adequate for those activities. 

Got off Grandiosa last month and had the basic included internet package.  It was fine for posting photos, checking in on social media, e-mail and similar.  Streaming video wasn't going to happen, but overall, I was satisfied with MSC's basic wi-fi.

Just off the Meraviglia today. We were in the Yacht Club and had free Internet. I had to work during our cruise and needed to download files from a TSA website for checking the No FLY List, Selectee List and Cleared List for our charter aircraft. It took a little longer to download, maybe an extra 3 minutes per file.  Emails downloaded fairly quickly. Got to have dinner with the IT officer and told her I was happy with the Internet speed.