MoveUp Question: Offer Status Change Question

njguy_south

Those who have had experience with MoveUp, maybe you can answer my questions. I bid on 2 MoveUp options on my Edge cruise: (1) AquaClass; (2) Concierge Veranda.  Both had been showing the offer status as "Pending."  Late last night, the AquaClass is showing "Expired," while the Concierge is listed under additional offers as "Pending."  Does this simply mean the AquaClass are no longer available (if "Expired"), and that I am still waiting and in the running for the Concierge?  Thanks!!

32 minutes ago, njguy_south said:

Those who have had experience with MoveUp, maybe you can answer my questions. I bid on 2 MoveUp options on my Edge cruise: (1) AquaClass; (2) Concierge Veranda.  Both had been showing the offer status as "Pending."  Late last night, the AquaClass is showing "Expired," while the Concierge is listed under additional offers as "Pending."  Does this simply mean the AquaClass are no longer available (if "Expired"), and that I am still waiting and in the running for the Concierge?  Thanks!!

Yes.

Depending on when your cruise is but normally if within a week of sailing and one goes pending and one expired it mean you are about to be upgraded.   An additional indication is that if you go in using the original confirmation for the pending room and no longer have the option to cancel or change it is almost certain you won.

I hope it works out for you.

• Like 1

Nothing has come up official yet.  I am still getting the "Expired" and "Pending" message, but now when I go onto my Celebrity APP, it intermittently shows this December booking twice!  Also, for my profile Captain's Club points status keeps saying "Status Pending," even though I am Classic with 116 points. (Everything is showing correctly for my Nov. 2022 cruise and my Dec. 2023 cruise.)

I am optimistic!

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, njguy_south said:

Well, it seems I was upgraded!! For only $301 (x2 + $6 added tips) I went from small single on the Edge to a larger Concierge IV. Larger cabin, some perks, and better position on the ship, with NO views of lifeboat roofs!!!

Congratulations! I’m happy you won your MoveUp offer. 
Did you have to wait over a week to find out your bid was accepted?

We also had our MoveUp offers go from all pending to expired except for one that stayed pending without the ability to change. 
This happened on Oct. 27 but on Oct. 29 we found out we were upgraded. 
The 2 days of waiting were stressful but worth it in the end.  

1 minute ago, otownfins said:

Congratulations! I’m happy you won your MoveUp offer. 
Did you have to wait over a week to find out your bid was accepted?

We also had our MoveUp offers go from all pending to expired except for one that stayed pending without the ability to change. 
This happened on Oct. 27 but on Oct. 29 we found out we were upgraded. 
The 2 days of waiting were stressful but worth it in the end.  

Hi. I waited several weeks, but my cruise is in late Dec. For a few weeks I was “Pending.”

Now I am in the same boat, so to speak! I placed a MoveUp offer (from AQ to SS) in early September for our Apex sailing this Saturday (November 12). It was categorized as a "Strong" bid, and I felt good about my chances, as there were about a dozen Sky Suites available. 

As of last week, all the SSs were booked, but yesterday two popped up as available. This, combined with the Nicole-related cancellation of a planned pre-cruise stay at the Ritz on Amelia Island, inspired me to up my bid a bit today.

We are just under 72 hours out from the cruise, and my bid is still showing Pending, but can't be modified or cancelled. Should I feel optimistic since it isn't showing Expired?

BTW, if we end up in one of the cabins showing available as of yesterday, Tiki_Man is going to owe me a drink in the Retreat Lounge. He has been making fun of my admittedly obsessive tracking of available cabins and MoveUp-related threads here on CC!

14 minutes ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

Now I am in the same boat, so to speak! I placed a MoveUp offer (from AQ to SS) in early September for our Apex sailing this Saturday (November 12). It was categorized as a "Strong" bid, and I felt good about my chances, as there were about a dozen Sky Suites available. 

As of last week, all the SSs were booked, but yesterday two popped up as available. This, combined with the Nicole-related cancellation of a planned pre-cruise stay at the Ritz on Amelia Island, inspired me to up my bid a bit today.

We are just under 72 hours out from the cruise, and my bid is still showing Pending, but can't be modified or cancelled. Should I feel optimistic since it isn't showing Expired?

BTW, if we end up in one of the cabins showing available as of yesterday, Tiki_Man is going to owe me a drink in the Retreat Lounge. He has been making fun of my admittedly obsessive tracking of available cabins and MoveUp-related threads here on CC!

Most likely you will have the upgrade clear in the next 24 hours. When my MoveUp became frozen as yours did, I looked at the sky suites that were available. There were two remaining - one on deck 9 (S2) and one on deck 10 (S1). I got upgraded to the one that was on Deck 9, and both rooms were no longer available.

Just as a heads up - SS does not include Thermal Suite access, so if that was important to you, you will want to inquire about a thermal suite pass on your first day of the cruise (or before the cruise) ... Those tend to sell out.

2 minutes ago, someguyfl said:

Most likely you will have the upgrade clear in the next 24 hours. When my MoveUp became frozen as yours did, I looked at the sky suites that were available. There were two remaining - one on deck 9 (S2) and one on deck 10 (S1). I got upgraded to the one that was on Deck 9, and both rooms were no longer available.

Just as a heads up - SS does not include Thermal Suite access, so if that was important to you, you will want to inquire about a thermal se pass on your first day of the cruise (or before the cruise) ... Those tend to sell out.

Thank you, someguyfl, for your positive and helpful reply. We were not as excited about the Thermal Suite as dining in Blu.  We actually prefer Blu to Luminae and debated about making a MoveUp offer if it would mean giving it up. (I know that suite guests can dine there on an as available basis, but it appears that AQ is fully booked as well.)

Whether we score the SS or not, we will be happy to be onboard in a few days! 

7 minutes ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

Thank you, someguyfl, for your positive and helpful reply. We were not as excited about the Thermal Suite as dining in Blu.  We actually prefer Blu to Luminae and debated about making a MoveUp offer if it would mean giving it up. (I know that suite guests can dine there on an as available basis, but it appears that AQ is fully booked as well.)

Whether we score the SS or not, we will be happy to be onboard in a few days! 

Let us know how it goes for blu access. I suspect if you are friendly with the Maître d' and butler, and kindly ask, it shouldn't be a problem, even with Aqua sold out.

I'll be on Edge in 2 weeks, with Aqua also sold out ... And also would like to use blu, so hoping you have good luck there 🙂

Just to circle back with a data point for others - just received an email that our bid was not accepted. And there are still two SS showing available for our cruise. Go figure!

Good news is that we are looking forward to dining in Blu and experiencing our first cruise with an infinite balcony.