Connecting reservations with family members in different room

gator582

This can be tough - maybe ask your travel agent... alternatively wait until you're on board.

You can link them in the app by adding reservation numbers - or in the cruise planner on a computer might be easier.

We have 10 of us in 5 rooms - and we've not really been able to make this work very well, with the exception of chops and izumi.    Linking main dining has been impossible.

• Like 1

I linked my brothers reservations with mine by calling RC directly.  He had to be on the phone with me to do it though.  We made dinner reservations and I was able to check them in online for the cruise too.  I am not sure about show reservations, but I would love to know the answer on that because we are going on a cruise again next year.  I'll be able to board first with suites and I'm not sure what time he will board.

Edited by slyster

I went to my reservation, booked what I wanted, then upon check out it asks if you want to link and make a reservation for another party.  You must have their RSVP number to do it.  After you do it once it shows up when you do other reservations for other stuff.  No need to call a TA.  

I was able to link reservations online just knowing their (my husband's brother and his wife's) reservation numbers. I was just doing it for MTD reservations. I was able to do the MTD reservations for two cruises we are going on with them.

Interestingly, in one cruise we are going on with them I can now see their reservation and all related info (their excursions, everything), in the other I just see the dinner reservations. Strange.

3 minutes ago, mets07 said:

I was able to link reservations online just knowing their (my husband's brother and his wife's) reservation numbers. I was just doing it for MTD reservations. I was able to do the MTD reservations for two cruises we are going on with them.

Interestingly, in one cruise we are going on with them I can now see their reservation and all related info (their excursions, everything), in the other I just see the dinner reservations. Strange.

Earlier this year we linked reservation with our Son his Fiance cabin specifically for Mdr and we could see their cruise planner items too.

Just the other day we booked them on another sailing as a wedding gift and linked the reservation to ours.   Will be wondering if we will see their cruise planner items since we are paying for their cruise.

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Earlier this year we linked reservation with our Son his Fiance cabin specifically for Mdr and we could see their cruise planner items too.

Just the other day we booked them on another sailing as a wedding gift and linked the reservation to ours.   Will be wondering if we will see their cruise planner items since we are paying for their cruise.

Will be interesting to know. In our cases, they are paying separately but it almost appears in the one case as if I could do anything with their reservation ...... I would prefer not to see it at all other than for the dinner reservation....

• Like 1

We have done this on every cruise. Usually cruise with my parents and my sisters family. I book through a TA so she calls and links the reservations. I know the other party has to agree so my sister usually has to call and request to be linked as well (my parents use same TA as me so no issue). We sit together in MDR and have mad Chops reservations together no problem. 

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How did you link them?  We booked our reservation over the phone with a RC representative.  I found the only way to link us was to call them with my brother on the phone.

29 minutes ago, slyster said:

How did you link them?  We booked our reservation over the phone with a RC representative.  I found the only way to link us was to call them with my brother on the phone.

I'm pretty sure I linked previous cruise on the app.

The most recent one I did by phone when I booked their cabin.   Since I paid for the cabin they didn't need to speak with them to link.

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm pretty sure I linked previous cruise on the app.

The most recent one I did by phone when I booked their cabin.   Since I paid for the cabin they didn't need to speak with them to link.

ahhhh, i never tried to link using the app. I will try that.  Thank you!

In my case, I linked reservations by getting the reservation number from my relative and entering it within my reservation on the computer (was not using the app).  Our reservations were originally made separately on the phone directly with RC. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes.  Once you are linked you can see everything they have booked.  You can even purchase items for them.  

On 10/27/2022 at 1:05 PM, Djsmrs said:

This can be tough - maybe ask your travel agent... alternatively wait until you're on board.

You can link them in the app by adding reservation numbers - or in the cruise planner on a computer might be easier.

We have 10 of us in 5 rooms - and we've not really been able to make this work very well, with the exception of chops and izumi.    Linking main dining has been impossible.

I think your issue is that you can only book for 8 guests online.  

We're all booked in separate rooms..   We have 5  rooms.   2 guests per room - so the 8 guest rule isn't an issue.   Plus we used a travel agent.  But this has been an issue when we've had only 2 or 3 rooms.

2 hours ago, Djsmrs said:

We're all booked in separate rooms..   We have 5  rooms.   2 guests per room - so the 8 guest rule isn't an issue.   Plus we used a travel agent.  But this has been an issue when we've had only 2 or 3 rooms.

Has never been an issue when I have 4 cabins booked. Can access them all on my cruise planner. No TA used. I own the bookings so I can manage what needs to be done.

If you link reservations, and board first, can you make dinner reservations (dining package) or show reservations for everyone in your group?  Or will they need to do that themselves once they board?

Edited by slyster

3 minutes ago, slyster said:

Is that directed at me?

No it is directed to the OP.  My post just happened to follow yours.  If I was directing it at you I would have quoted you.  I didn't. 

Edited by Tree_skier

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

No it is directed to the OP.  My post just happened to follow yours.  If I was directing it at you I would have quoted you.  I didn't. 

ok...thanks for clarifying