USB ports & plugs

Frenchkona

50 minutes ago, Frenchkona said:

I wondering how many plugs and how many USB ports are in a Royal Suite on Equinox?

Suggest you change the title of your thread as there are several USB power strip threads being discussed.   On Shilouette some years ago there were 6 various outlets.  USB didn't exist then

There are ZERO USB outlets -   Equinox has not gone through the revolution

You can expect the below photo -   This isn't from a Royal but if I recall the plugs are on the the counter in the Dining room.     In the bedroom If I recall on the makeup desk there is a 110 and one 220 on the underside of the desk.

Cabin on Celebrity Solstice Cruise Ship - Cruise Critic

I HIGHLY recommend a USB Smart Charger to take on your cruises. I have a USB 3 Hub with 8 ports that I also use to connect hard drives to my computer, but it's also a charger for my GoPros, Phones, Kindles, etc... 

Something like this image. Just search USB Charging Station on Amazon or other electronics retailer. Super easy and you're ready no matter what each ship has or doesn't have in the cabin. 

smartcharger.JPG

3 hours ago, WheresWalter said:

I HIGHLY recommend a USB Smart Charger to take on your cruises. I have a USB 3 Hub with 8 ports that I also use to connect hard drives to my computer, but it's also a charger for my GoPros, Phones, Kindles, etc... 

Something like this image. Just search USB Charging Station on Amazon or other electronics retailer. Super easy and you're ready no matter what each ship has or doesn't have in the cabin. 

smartcharger.JPG

I would just highly recommend that anyone in the market gets a hub with a few USB-C ports to be future proof.  Most new devices now come with a charging cable with USB-C at least one end.  The UK just forced Apple to use a USB-C cable on both ends.  Here’s what I have which has 2,3XX 4.5* reviews…

https://a.co/d/3X0VErs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I would just highly recommend that anyone in the market gets a hub with a few USB-C ports to be future proof.  Most new devices now come with a charging cable with USB-C at least one end.  The UK just forced Apple to use a USB-C cable on both ends.  Here’s what I have which has 2,3XX 4.5* reviews…

https://a.co/d/3X0VErs

Good call. There are also plenty of USB-C to USB-3 converters as necessary. I love that Apple is being forced to come into compliance with standard charging ports vs. the lightning thing. 

23 hours ago, WheresWalter said:

smartcharger.JPG

Walter,  I had a question about USB Wall Chargers and whether they would be allowed on a cruise ship given the clamp down on prohibiting power strips.

I take it that, given what you just posted, something like this is able to be brought on board?

image.thumb.png.e52bb7bc635ccf1b9738f124925c9843.png

@NJRonbo based on my experience, that USB hub should have no issues in your cabin. In general they draw very little power. Now it's entirely possible at some point the cruise lines will tell us they are banned too, but right now I have not see anything that would prohibit a USB charger like that. I have my 10 port USB Hub that I also use to connect to my computer that I currently use. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WheresWalter said:

@NJRonbo based on my experience, that USB hub should have no issues in your cabin. In general they draw very little power. Now it's entirely possible at some point the cruise lines will tell us they are banned too, but right now I have not see anything that would prohibit a USB charger like that. I have my 10 port USB Hub that I also use to connect to my computer that I currently use. 

Excellent.  Thanks for the help, Walter!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NJRonbo said:

I had a question about USB Wall Chargers and whether they would be allowed on a cruise ship given the clamp down on prohibiting power strips.

Unless I've missed something (in which case I welcome the correction), the problem isn't power strips per se, it's anything that has a surge protector on it (which not all power strips have).  

Edited by Turtles06