Caribbean Princess Palm Dining Room question

Olinsky_Cruisers

I went on the dining options and chose a same time dining every day reservation in the Palm Dining Room.  It accepted my request.  However, I have read that the Palm dining Room is reserved for suites and club class mini suites.  I am in a balcony cabin. Should I change my reservation?

Thanks,

Mel

Actually, Club Class is in the Coral dining room and it only takes up a small section. You should be able to book reservations in any dining room. During COVID some main dining rooms were closed due to several issues including lack of staff, the need for a larger staff dining area for social distancing,  and lack of passengers. 

I do think same dining room same time each day is best way to go in case the wifi goes down then you have a booking but can always change time and venue any days you like.  If you have been successful in obtaining reservations then the booking will be fine.  Palm dining room is on deck 6 Aft.  There is always an access problem as you cannot walk along deck 6 from mid-ships to get there because the back to back galleys are in the way.  Access is only descending the Aft stairwell.  Not a big problem if you can do a single flight of stairs.

Regards John

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, john watson said:

I do think same dining room same time each day is best way to go in case the wifi goes down then you have a booking but can always change time and venue any days you like.  If you have been successful in obtaining reservations then the booking will be fine.  Palm dining room is on deck 6 Aft.  There is always an access problem as you cannot walk along deck 6 from mid-ships to get there because the back to back galleys are in the way.  Access is only descending the Aft stairwell.  Not a big problem if you can do a single flight of stairs.

Regards John

Aft elevators are also an option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Olinsky_Cruisers said:

I went on the dining options and chose a same time dining every day reservation in the Palm Dining Room.  It accepted my request.  However, I have read that the Palm dining Room is reserved for suites and club class mini suites.  I am in a balcony cabin. Should I change my reservation?

Thanks,

Mel

If you’re staying in an aft cabin, it’s convenient. Walk down or use aft elevators.

Only issue I have, were the engine vibration problems corrected in drydock?

You might check with a current roll call to ask.

If it’s still an issue, go for the Coral MDR. We preferred that one.

16 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Aft elevators are also an option.

Very true but the problem is they tend to be packed around peak times. If you are in a wheelchair or cannot do stairs turning up at the aft elevators on Deck 7 to go down one deck can prove frustrating.

Regards John

Edited by john watson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, john watson said:

If you are in a wheelchair or cannot do stairs turning up at the aft elevators on Deck 7 to go down one deck can prove frustrating.

We were on the Caribbean Princess twice this year and ate 2-3 times in the Palm dining room.   Even with one person using a mobility scooter, it wasn't that big of a deal to use the elevator that goes to the Palm.   

The rest of the time we were in the Coral dining room and since our stateroom happened to be on the same deck (deck 6) as the Coral, it worked out better for us.   

2 hours ago, kokopelli-az said:

We were on the Caribbean Princess twice this year and ate 2-3 times in the Palm dining room.   Even with one person using a mobility scooter, it wasn't that big of a deal to use the elevator that goes to the Palm.   

I think the situation will have eased a lot with "Dine My Way", when it was 1st and 2nd sitting the entire restaurant aimed to arrive at exactly the same time packing a long series of elevators.  Peak times now are  not going to be as busy.  Did you go at peak time?

Regards John

• Haha 2

Hopefully they open the Island dining room now that the CB is back in the Caribbean. My cruise in January has few openings available in either of the other dining rooms using Dine My Way. And no reservations are available for Specialty Dining on any evening.

On 11/3/2022 at 7:17 AM, sttopmh said:

... few openings available in either of the other dining rooms using Dine My Way. And no reservations are available for Specialty Dining on any evening.

Take that with a BIG grain of salt!  I relegate those reservation times to the same category as arrival group times...very few people *truly* adhere to either.  There have been MANY times where we did not have dining reservations (MDR or Specialty) due to various reasons (none showing in app or we didn't think we'd be back from an excursion, etc.) and we would simply show up.  Even at specialty restaurants we've seldom (not always) waited no more than 5 minutes to be seated.

Just got off. Island was closed at first, but lines got longer at Coral and they opened up Island. Dine my way worked well-we had 5:20 and did not wait at all. Palm is fine if you are aft. I thought Coral or Island very much easier to get to .