Which ships now have Coke? (Real life experience only!!)

MyTMo777

Are you considering booking cruises on every ship that serves coke this year?

Or did you just want to make a point about people commenting without having been on the actual ships?

Because you could have done that in the original thread that we've already been looking at for two days.

9 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I just have to ask.  Would Coke versus Pepsi really sway a decision on which cruise to book?

Especially if there was more than one cruise we were considering at a particular time, you bet it would!

In the past, if necessary, we just brought a duffel back full of bottles of Diet Coke as part of our luggage.  That's not possible now.

GC

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Especially if there was more than one cruise we were considering at a particular time, you bet it would!

In the past, if necessary, we just brought a duffel back full of bottles of Diet Coke as part of our luggage.  That's not possible now.

GC

Interesting.  I suppose if it were beer and the discussion was Guinness vs. Bud, I would understand.  Oh well.  Whatever works. 😎

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MyTMo777 said:

Wanting to compile a list of which ships have completed the switch over. PLEASE - only give real life experience, not what the internet said might happen!

The internet does not SAY anything, people say/post things.  I can tell you an absolute fact that the ones serving coke now are the ones that have switched over.  What difference does it make anyway?  Are you going to book a cruise based on something silly like which soft drinks are being served?

• Like 1

I’m just surprised NCL went to Coke but didn’t install Coke Freestyle. The limited flavor option they installed seems like a missed opportunity. Royal and Disney are both serving up plenty of options while NCL is limiting to 6 flavors. Maybe this is to avoid the Redbox wait? So other guests aren’t standing in line with their cups tapping their toes while someone browses 100 flavors? 🤷🏿‍♂️ 

7 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

So, you decided to book this cruise entirely because they served coke?  That's just nuts.

Don’t matter as long as the beer is cold and Manhattan on the rocks are in the drink package.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

So, you decided to book this cruise entirely because they served coke?  That's just nuts.

Honestly, I think this thread was started by someone who just wanted to play comment hall monitor.

https://www.ncl.com/newsroom/norwegian-cruise-line-announces-beverage-partnership-with-coca-cola-during-norwegian-primas-christening-voyage?fbclid=IwAR28Rid4loznrL6ZlUG1wVsfHpV49mLri8qJsj9hzVgDgtuRYC_unjTYmx4

• Like 2

The real shame is that Coca Cola and Pepsi have managed to get away with their "exclusive" partnerships with some vendors such that they aren't "allowed" to offer both and thus let the customers vote with their taste buds and money.

If they each think they've got a better product (or, at least not a worse product?), why not allow choices.  Then they'd each have their product in far more selling opportunities.

GC

3 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

I’m just surprised NCL went to Coke but didn’t install Coke Freestyle. The limited flavor option they installed seems like a missed opportunity. Royal and Disney are both serving up plenty of options while NCL is limiting to 6 flavors. Maybe this is to avoid the Redbox wait? So other guests aren’t standing in line with their cups tapping their toes while someone browses 100 flavors? 🤷🏿‍♂️ 

The Freestyle machine is about triple the cost per serving and in my experience on land, more often than not, poorly maintained.   They often do not replace cartridges when needed and many times do not replace the sweeteners at the expiration date.

• Like 3