Opera house bar to eat or better places

CU64

Saturday, March 25, 3:30 tour of Sydney opera house. Sunset at 7. We can eat there after tour for reasonable cost. It looks handy and almost at sunset. Any of you who live there or others, please advise. Thanking you in advance.

BARBARA

5 hours ago, CU64 said:

Saturday, March 25, 3:30 tour of Sydney opera house. Sunset at 7. We can eat there after tour for reasonable cost. It looks handy and almost at sunset. Any of you who live there or others, please advise. Thanking you in advance.

BARBARA

I guess it depends on what time you usually have dinner. Looking at the details of the Tour and Eat experience, it says you have to eat before 6pm which for me would be a deal breaker, but if you are happy with that and the menu suits go for it. There are plenty of dining spots around the Opera House and surrounding area.

19 hours ago, CU64 said:

BARBARA

Have a look at searock . I don’t know if it’s what you want but quite good. 
Right on circular quay, you will walk past it.A bit pricey but that’s what get.

https://searock.com.au

Edited by Chiliburn

I guess that your tour will be finished by 5 pm. With a 7 pm sunset you have a good 2 hours to kill.

The sun will set behind the OPT/Barangaroo/Crown hotel tower, sort of behind the harbour bridge.

So anywhere along the opera house side of Circular Quay should be lovely. And you can look at the cruse ship, if it is docked at the OPT.

As others mention, the eateries and bars along that area are not inexpensive, but quite decent.

The best thing of the restaurants and bars is that you don't get a lot of foot traffic between you and the view. This link shows you what is available right AT the Opera House.

https://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/visit-us/eat-and-drink.html

"Benelong" is excellent, but $$$$. And I am nor sure how they allocate window tables...

Personally, I would grab a bottle of white wine, a dozen oysters and some fish-and-chips and place myself along the harbour wall seats or a high table at Opera Bar or Opera Kitchen to enjoy the hustle and bustle and sunset.

If you want to eat after the sunset, there are some very good restaurants within 15 minutes walk from the OH.

Personally I love "Mode Kitchen and Bar" in the Four Seasons hotel. Excellent food and service for very fair prices. (Considering this is a 5-star hotel)

(Photos from a few days ago...)

20221029_182010.jpg

20221029_185058.jpg

20221029_195856.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...