The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday November 1st, 2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Woo hoo! I could log back in! 

@smitty34877, Terry thank you for checking in earlier. 
Hope DH is now resting comfortably & you are relaxing a bit. 

We are home after a long day but hopefully everything is “fixed”. Oh my. CC was a royal pain but finally back in.Thanks.

• Like 11

7 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

Cruise Critic is having some problems today , which causes me problems ,  have to sign in every time  even with the pages i have bookmarked and also my picture is gone ????? 

Now have to try to find my Roll Calls of future cruises .........

Tony 😥

.................and he's backkkkkkk  finally ............ with a new face anddddd  his love ! 

Tony 😍

Edited by sailingdutchy
  • Like 13

Good evening.  It's been a long day and I'm tired.  Please forgive me if I don't make complete sense at some point.  At least, the house and motorhome are clean. Since I didn't have a lot of interruptions today, I managed to do a somewhat fall cleaning.  I got to somethings that don't  get done very often.  Now, if it would just stay clean!

While there are still a lot of things DH cannot do yet, he did make some more progress todsy.  Not only did he get out of bed and stand on his own, he walked alittle with the walker, turned 90 degrees and got in the wheelchair by himself.  After the last three weeks, that is a big improvement.

I ran into the login problems this mornng, but late this afternoon did manage to log back in.

12 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Have not been to Lerwick but I'll post something about the "Shetland Bus," a covert operation between Shetland and Norway during WW II.

The Shetland Bus (Norwegian Bokmål: Shetlandsbussene, def. pl.) was the nickname of a clandestine special operations group that made a permanent link between Mainland Shetland in Scotland and German-occupied Norway from 1941 until the surrender of *** Germany on 8 May 1945. From mid-1942, the group's official name was the Norwegian Naval Independent Unit (NNIU). In October 1943, it became an official part of the Royal Norwegian Navy and was renamed the Royal Norwegian Naval Special Unit (RNNSU). The unit was operated initially by a large number of small fishing boats and later augmented by three fast and well-armed submarine chasersVigra, Hessa and Hitra.[1]

Crossings were mostly made during the winter under the cover of darkness. This meant the crews and passengers had to endure very heavy North Sea conditions, with no lights and constant risk of discovery by German aircraft or patrol boats. There was also the possibility of being captured whilst carrying out the mission on the Norwegian coast.

There's an exhibit about it in the Scalloway museum.

The Shetland Bus figured in the mystery novel Red Bones by Ann Cleeves, and in the first two episodes of the Shetland TV series.

Thank you for the very interesting story about the Shetland Bus.  I had not heard about it before.

11 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

@smitty34877I hope your husband is back in recovery quickly with good news.  @kazuI am praying for you that your foot gets better quickly!  @StLouisCruisers and @Quartzsite Cruiser Sandi and Lenda thank you for the wonderful photos of the port in the Shetlands.  A place I would love to visit.  Thanks for the cute photo of Sadie.  We had two trick or treaters last night.   First time having trick or treaters since 1994.   I have always lived in a quiet area.   

DB is doing poorly.   I thought he would be moved to rehab yesterday but his BP crashed to 39 yesterday.   There is a problem with his medications, BP and narcotics were building up in his system.  My niece said they gave him Narcan to clear the narcotics quickly.  Sounds like some kind of kidney issue to me since it is unusual for those drugs to build up.  Oh and he is bleeding again.  I hope to hear from DSIL that we can visit him today.    

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports Rich and thanks for the Cares and Celebration reports Roy.  Today's Rose' Coq a Vin is a great idea, it is more visually pleasing.   I may try it but we have no Rose in the house right now.   The cocktail looks good and today's wine would be perfect for today's menu.  Thanks for all of these!  Prayers for all needing them and for the people of Ukraine.   Nancy 

Nancy, I am very sorry your DB is having so many problems. I hope he improves quickly.

11 hours ago, kazu said:

Hello from Barcelona, sitting on the roof top terrace at my hotel.

Thanks for all the good wishes.  I’m trying to figure out if I am going to need wheel chair embarkation.  ‘Sigh’ & something on board or if I will be healed enough to be ok with the crutches if I need them.

I’m usually a pretty good healer 🤞 but I still can’t put weight on it.

Hotel has been fabulous!   Took a spill last night trying to get in the wheel chair (didn’t hurt my foot, thankfully) - it moved even though I had it locked.  Called down as I had spilled the ice bucket and couldn’t clean it up myself.

Ceyatano came running up, tidied up my mess and frowned when I told him the chair moved.  He took a look at it - sat in it and said “there’s rust on the right side - this is not safe”. Told me he would be back in a couple of minutes - was right back with tools and thought he could fix it.  He worked on it for 10 minutes - tested it and it was fixed.  He warned me if I didn’t hear this noise - to call the hotel right away and not use it.

God bless him.  I raved about him this morning. They smiled knowingly and said they knew.  LOL

Everyone is super.  They let me leave the terrace door open so it’s easier for me to get back in.  So very, very kind here.

I chose well. 👍 😃 

Jacqui, I hope your foot improves quickly.  With all that goes on on embarkation day, wheelchair assistance might be a good idea even if your foot is better.  That's probably the biggest chance for trouble.  I am happy the hotel is taking such good care of you.

10 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites.

Rabbit, white rabbit!

Prayers going out to Jacqui, Terry, Debbie, and a long list in my book and Roy's list.

Sure would like more added to the celebration list.

I have one to add Roy! It's an emotional one but I want to share it with my Daily friends. 

Allen met with an awesome doctor for his psychological evaluation. The doctor knew exactly what was going on, yet waited to talk afterwards. I sat quietly listening to them with tears running down and my mouth open. Too many memories of tours in Vietnam (Allen flew gun ships) friends coming home with visible and invisible scars. Cancer, deaths of friends and family, heart surgeries.. Afterwards we met with friends for lunch, a friend he flew with in Vietnam. His friend reached over and held Allen's hand and told him we've got each other brother. A celebration and cleansing for both.

Today lastly is bloodwork. Hopefully the VA will stop poking and prodding and have a good baseline for one hell of a great veteran's healthcare. 

Have a great day. 

Joy, that is excellent news that Allen had such a good doctor, and such a supportive friend.

10 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

I just spoke to the doc and they placed a Stent in the 90% blocked artery.He said the old bypass grafts look good.I felt like jumping up and down but restrained myself.Now he has to lie flat several hours due to entry through the groin. Modern medicine can be amazing!

Terry, I'm glad your DH only needed a stent and that the bypass grafts are still good.  I hope you both get some rest tonight.

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Did anyone get the shakes when we couldn’t log in most of the afternoon?😁 We have arrived home and it may take us a couple of days to recover. Worth it. Great time.

@kazu I do pray your foot heals quickly enough that you can enjoy your cruise. You have been through enough.

Bruce

Glad you are home safely.

2 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Finally back on. CC should not do that to us without warning.Hope you have all survived.

We are under a winter storm watch for Thursday although I think we will get mostly rain but I am hastily moving stuff about. I need to set up a patio "business" area for the chihuahua who thinks he will melt in rain..... and if there is snow I will never get him off the porch.

More tomorrow.... take care all.

Susan

I hope the winter storm misses you and all you get is t

Rain.

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Today was another frustrating day.  And Cruise Critic added to the mix by not letting me log on.

Why should anything go my way?  

I went through another day of no answers.

As for our email situation, I am trying to set up new emails for myself and DH.  He hasn’t a clue how to do it.  I have successfully set up two different emails for me on Outlook.com.  However, Outlook.com does not want to recognize DH’s email.  I keep trying and then get a message that I have tried too many times and have to wait until tomorrow.  This has been going on since Saturday.  If anyone has any suggestions how to fix this situation, I would appreciate any help.  Thanks in advance.

As for my insurance adjuster, it is another day of no response. i talked to my contractor, who also has tried to get in touch with the adjuster and has had no success.  The Contractor has suggested that I call the company and ask for a new adjuster.  i will do that tomorrow.  The contractor is ready to go and just waiting for the go ahead from the insurance company.  

i have not gotten the money I need to pay the rent in the alternate housing.  

So that has been my day.

Hope yours has been better.

God bless everyone,

Terri

Terri, I hope asking for new adjuster does the trick.  It's way past time for things to start going your way.

Lenda 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites.

Rabbit, white rabbit!

Prayers going out to Jacqui, Terry, Debbie, and a long list in my book and Roy's list.

Sure would like more added to the celebration list.

I have one to add Roy! It's an emotional one but I want to share it with my Daily friends. 

Allen met with an awesome doctor for his psychological evaluation. The doctor knew exactly what was going on, yet waited to talk afterwards. I sat quietly listening to them with tears running down and my mouth open. Too many memories of tours in Vietnam (Allen flew gun ships) friends coming home with visible and invisible scars. Cancer, deaths of friends and family, heart surgeries.. Afterwards we met with friends for lunch, a friend he flew with in Vietnam. His friend reached over and held Allen's hand and told him we've got each other brother. A celebration and cleansing for both.

Today lastly is bloodwork. Hopefully the VA will stop poking and prodding and have a good baseline for one hell of a great veteran's healthcare. 

Have a great day. 

What a nice doctor!  I know Allen must have felt comforted by his super empathetic friend.  

10 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

I just spoke to the doc and they placed a Stent in the 90% blocked artery.He said the old bypass grafts look good.I felt like jumping up and down but restrained myself.Now he has to lie flat several hours due to entry through the groin. Modern medicine can be amazing!

Great news!  Hope he will feel better each and every day.

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Today was another frustrating day.  And Cruise Critic added to the mix by not letting me log on.

Why should anything go my way?  

I went through another day of no answers.

As for our email situation, I am trying to set up new emails for myself and DH.  He hasn’t a clue how to do it.  I have successfully set up two different emails for me on Outlook.com.  However, Outlook.com does not want to recognize DH’s email.  I keep trying and then get a message that I have tried too many times and have to wait until tomorrow.  This has been going on since Saturday.  If anyone has any suggestions how to fix this situation, I would appreciate any help.  Thanks in advance.

As for my insurance adjuster, it is another day of no response. i talked to my contractor, who also has tried to get in touch with the adjuster and has had no success.  The Contractor has suggested that I call the company and ask for a new adjuster.  i will do that tomorrow.  The contractor is ready to go and just waiting for the go ahead from the insurance company.  

i have not gotten the money I need to pay the rent in the alternate housing.  

So that has been my day.

Hope yours has been better.

God bless everyone,

Terri

Let's hope they assign a new adjuster immediately.  The current one should be ashamed of himself.

I'm sorry if I've failed to comment today on anyone's posts.  With being unable to get online here, and spending a couple hours speaking to our health insurance people and the billing office of our doctor, that took up a lot of our day.  We are no closer to resolving their billing mistakes, so the imaging center can finally be paid for my July ultrasound.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Finally able to log into CC; it kept directing me to CC UK and then wouldn’t let me log in.

Enjoyed our first evening in BCN last night and basically passed out once we returned to our hotel.  Today we have to find a shoe store (one that won’t break the bank), as in our haste to get out of the house to the airport (1hour after that call from HAL), DH wore his older shoes that were by the front door.  While they’re great for yard/lawn work, they aren’t comfortable for lots of walking around.  

Many thanks to all of you for your prayers and good wishes (and the shoulders to cry on) during my flight fiasco.  

Stay safe everyone!

Gerry

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Finally able to log into CC; it kept directing me to CC UK and then wouldn’t let me log in.

Enjoyed our first evening in BCN last night and basically passed out once we returned to our hotel.  Today we have to find a shoe store (one that won’t break the bank), as in our haste to get out of the house to the airport (1hour after that call from HAL), DH wore his older shoes that were by the front door.  While they’re great for yard/lawn work, they aren’t comfortable for lots of walking around.  

Many thanks to all of you for your prayers and good wishes (and the shoulders to cry on) during my flight fiasco.  

Stay safe everyone!

Gerry

Gerry, Glad you two made it to Barcelona.  Bon Voyage, and I hope you enjoy your cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1