Current Status of Suite Room Service Upcharge Items?

thebutlerdidit

Does anyone have any updates on this topic?

I'm specifically interested in the Sky suite room service menu. In the app, for my Jan '23 Equinox cruise, there *is* an upcharge for the crab cake appetizer ($11), the tomato/mozzarella salad ($10), the ribeye steak and sea bass (each one $20).

Any Sky suite info on this from folks currently on board a ship is greatly appreciated.

(actually, all input is greatly appreciated...😁)

4 hours ago, dlh015 said:

Does anyone have any updates on this topic?

I'm specifically interested in the Sky suite room service menu. In the app, for my Jan '23 Equinox cruise, there *is* an upcharge for the crab cake appetizer ($11), the tomato/mozzarella salad ($10), the ribeye steak and sea bass (each one $20).

Any Sky suite info on this from folks currently on board a ship is greatly appreciated.

(actually, all input is greatly appreciated...😁)

Absent current info, the Sky Suite info I gave is from the Solstice on 10/15 so pretty recent. None of those items were on the menu provided, but I also didn't try to order them. They were on the menu provided in the RS the next week, no charge indicated, and I ordered them without charge. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I can ask a more general room service charge question. Does Celebrity add any basic service charge for a meal delivered to any cabin category if no individual menu items chosen have an upcharge?

No - in standard cabins there is a charge of $5 during the 11 pm to 5 am range. And remember a hallmark of Celebrity is you can order from the MDR at dinner in any cabin. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, sbcs5390 said:

No - in standard cabins there is a charge of $5 during the 11 pm to 5 am range. And remember a hallmark of Celebrity is you can order from the MDR at dinner in any cabin. 

So on an edge class ship, you can order from any of the 4 MDR menus at dinner time? Can you also order room service from Luminae or Blu if you are in suites class?

3 minutes ago, someguyfl said:

So on an edge class ship, you can order from any of the 4 MDR menus at dinner time? Can you also order room service from Luminae or Blu if you are in suites class?

I presume so for Edge - I have cruised M and S extensively but not E. It has been a Celebrity “thing” for a long time. For suites, you normally are only able to order from Luminae and the specialities (and presumably, Blu) if you are RS and above. Was told no in SS, did it in RS. Not sure if they’d bend the rules for CS. 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 7:23 AM, danceswithphones said:

The only blue link I have says Show More. It takes me to a list of days and times for Breakfast, Continental, and All Day. 

Check out the screen shots

05B45ADC-76E2-423C-8930-87138E61D8F5.png

in middle of page in blue Menu

42AD8708-250B-4521-BD33-63476983D2CE.png

9FCF0E7B-781E-4D69-83B6-CE8EAC0613FA.png

Edited by Jim_Iain

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Check out the screen shots

05B45ADC-76E2-423C-8930-87138E61D8F5.png

in middle of page in blue Menu

42AD8708-250B-4521-BD33-63476983D2CE.png

9FCF0E7B-781E-4D69-83B6-CE8EAC0613FA.png

I notice your screenshot doesn't show an upcharge for the ribeye, etc. so I'm assuming that is not the same for us lowly Sky suite folks...lol...the upcharge is showing for my Caribbean cruise in January...at least so far...

No big deal...plenty of other choices... 

On 11/7/2022 at 10:46 AM, fweegy said:

That is not what I was told by 3 different concierges I talked to on my cruises this year. You might be right, I found out after the fact and did not try it. Just saying what I was told by people who should know.

39 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

I notice your screenshot doesn't show an upcharge for the ribeye, etc. so I'm assuming that is not the same for us lowly Sky suite folks...lol...the upcharge is showing for my Caribbean cruise in January...at least so far...

Really.  SS is a Suite.  Why would this be a different menu.  I'm confused again as to what to expect.

42 minutes ago, LMHSRN said:

Really.  SS is a Suite.  Why would this be a different menu.  I'm confused again as to what to expect.

That makes two of us. I'm hoping this changes closer to my cruise...but there is exactly 2 months left before it embarks...so I'm getting kind of antsy...

ETA: But remember, the Sky suite is sometimes referred to as an entry level suite...and doesn't have some of the amenities afforded the 'upper' suites... 

Edited by dlh015

8 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

That makes two of us. I'm hoping this changes closer to my cruise...but there is exactly 2 months left before it embarks...so I'm getting kind of antsy...

ETA: But remember, the Sky suite is sometimes referred to as an entry level suite...and doesn't have some of the amenities afforded the 'upper' suites... 

It sure is advertised as a "Suite" with suite amenities.  What's up with that?

12 minutes ago, LMHSRN said:

It sure is advertised as a "Suite" with suite amenities.  What's up with that?

Don't know. Have you looked at this thread? It's rather extensive but folks talk about various suite benefits...

We are in a Celebrity Suite on Equinox December 1. The Room Service menu on the app shows up-charges for the crab cake appetizer ($11), Tomato and Buffalo Mozzarella Salad ($10), Ribeye and Sea Bass ($20 each). And for some reason, there is no room service menu for the last sea day. Luminae also does not show a lunch or dinner menu for the last sea day.

6 hours ago, dlh015 said:

Could be --- I'm in a SS on the first cruise and a CS on the second.    We have only ordered breakfast from Room Service and no up charge for Eggs Benedict.    I have only used the door hanger.

I just checked the app and also no up charge for Crab Cakes.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Could be --- I'm in a SS on the first cruise and a CS on the second.    We have only ordered breakfast from Room Service and no up charge for Eggs Benedict.    I have only used the door hanger.

I just checked the app and also no up charge for Crab Cakes.

Thanks! Yes, I see no upcharge for breakfast Eggs Benedict (which, like you, I very much enjoy...) and there is no upcharge for NY steak & eggs! Which is why I am somewhat mystified by the All Day upcharge for ribeye on the app.  (Granted that ribeye is better than NY steak...IMHO...)

Again, no big deal...I can wait and see what the paper hanger/room menu says...I certainly won't let it rain on my parade!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, dlh015 said:

Thanks! Yes, I see no upcharge for breakfast Eggs Benedict (which, like you, I very much enjoy...) and there is no upcharge for NY steak & eggs! Which is why I am somewhat mystified by the All Day upcharge for ribeye on the app.  (Granted that ribeye is better than NY steak...IMHO...)

Again, no big deal...I can wait and see what the paper hanger/room menu says...I certainly won't let it rain on my parade!

We are in a Sky Suite on Millennium in April and the only up charges that i see for the Suite Room Service Menu is for alcohol. None of the breakfast or all day items are showing a charge on my app. 

• Thanks 1