Current Status of Suite Room Service Upcharge Items?

thebutlerdidit

I had previously posted a screen capture of the menu items that were offered at an upcharge from the Suite Room Service menu on the app. Now when I look I no longer see prices listed. Do you think these charges are gone for good? I know I wasn’t a fan of those upcharges for suites.  

7 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I still see them for our Reflection cruise, Crab Cake ($11), buffalo Mozzarella Salad ($10), Ribeye, Sea Bass, Filet Mignon ($20)

7 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I had previously posted a screen capture of the menu items that were offered at an upcharge from the Suite Room Service menu on the app. Now when I look I no longer see prices listed. Do you think these charges are gone for good? I know I wasn’t a fan of those upcharges for suites.  

Any knowledge whether the Suites are charged the Room Service upcharge?  What about RS or PS?

1 minute ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

These items and prices are from the room service menu for suites. We haven't ordered lunch from room service so don't know if they apply to Royal or penthouse suites.

Love to hear if you or any other pax acquires additional information 🙂

1 minute ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

These items and prices are from the room service menu for suites. We haven't ordered lunch from room service so don't know if they apply to Royal or penthouse suites.

Love 

8 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I guess I jumped to conclusions. There are no charges listed for our April sailing on the Millennium, but when I checked our October Equinox sailing I still see the charges. 

I just checked for our April cruise on Millennium as well and I am not showing any up charges. for any non-alcoholic beverages, on the Suite Room Service menu. 

I also looked at our November 2024 Millennium sailing and not showing charges for those items on the Suite Room Service menu either. 

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

For our  cruise on the Solstice in a few weeks there is no menu showing for Suite Room Service.  Menus are there for Aqua and other  cabins.

I was on Solstice a couple weeks ago in a Sky Suite and moved to a Royal Suite for the next week. I was disappointed that in the SS the special suite menu was not there since when I had viewed it on the app it didn't indicate it wasn't for SS. I asked the butler "is this the suite menu?" and he said yes. When I moved to the RS, the full menu was there with the filet, crab cakes, salmon/caviar omelette, etc. I noticed a couple weeks before the menu disappeared from the app. 

8 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

I was on Solstice a couple weeks ago in a Sky Suite and moved to a Royal Suite for the next week. I was disappointed that in the SS the special suite menu was not there since when I had viewed it on the app it didn't indicate it wasn't for SS. I asked the butler "is this the suite menu?" and he said yes. When I moved to the RS, the full menu was there with the filet, crab cakes, salmon/caviar omelette, etc. I noticed a couple weeks before the menu disappeared from the app. 

Im curious - when you moved to the Royal Suite and the full menu appeared, we’re the items accompanied by prices? That would be odd, since the uppermost suites include specialty dining. Maybe ships have the option of offering the upgraded dishes at an upcharge to lower end suites and some choose not to. Because let’s face it, it’s tacky when suite passengers already pay such high prices. 

19 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Im curious - when you moved to the Royal Suite and the full menu appeared, we’re the items accompanied by prices?

Would that appear in the app? I see Room Service: Suite Guests but not a menu. Maybe I just don't know how to find the menu. We board on Tuesday. 

Edited by danceswithphones

9 minutes ago, danceswithphones said:

Would that appear in the app? I see Room Service: Suite Guests but not a menu. Maybe I just don't know how to find the menu. We board on Tuesday. 

When clicking the Room Service for Suite Guests link I see a link in blue font that says Menu. When you click that link there are tabs along the bottom for each day of the cruise, and at the top are choices for Breakfast or All Day. 

39 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

When clicking the Room Service for Suite Guests link I see a link in blue font that says Menu. When you click that link there are tabs along the bottom for each day of the cruise, and at the top are choices for Breakfast or All Day. 

Not always.  We are booked on the Solstice early December and there is no menu linked to the Suite Room Service menu. 
Our Summit sailing does show a Retreat Suite Room Service and the only items with a charge noted are beer and wine.

1 hour ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Im curious - when you moved to the Royal Suite and the full menu appeared, we’re the items accompanied by prices? That would be odd, since the uppermost suites include specialty dining. Maybe ships have the option of offering the upgraded dishes at an upcharge to lower end suites and some choose not to. Because let’s face it, it’s tacky when suite passengers already pay such high prices. 

I should have been a little more comprehensive in describing what happened. The menu I'm referencing that appeared was the physical one in the suite. I am not sure I actually opened the room service section of the Celebrity app once I moved to the RS to see if it "knew" I had moved and unlocked the menu, so to say. In any event, I wasn't charged when ordering items from there and there was no upcharge printed on the menu in the RS. I think they are using AQ or CC room service menus in the Sky Suites maybe so that folks doesn't see the printed upcharge and get upset, if previously those items were available to SSs. 

I can also say the butlers for the SSs are somewhat unfamiliar with the premium items, so this has been going on a while. One day after the move my old butler from the SS was covering lunch for the RS/PS butler. I asked for, besides our entrees, mac and cheese which was one of the always available sides on the suites room service menu. He arrived and a bit exasperated and apologetic that he couldn't find the Mac and cheese and that the Luminae chef didn't know how to make any or was otherwise unwilling (... sounds right for this cruise) - when I pointed out that it was one of the standard sides, he knew where to find it. So I am sure for his time there his suites haven't been offered that menu. 

Edited by sbcs5390
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, jelayne said:

Not always.  We are booked on the Solstice early December and there is no menu linked to the Suite Room Service menu. 
Our Summit sailing does show a Retreat Suite Room Service and the only items with a charge noted are beer and wine.

Our situation is similar. Edge sailing in December has no Suite Menu items listed, but our Infinity in February does have it. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I just checked for our April cruise on Millennium as well and I am not showing any up charges. for any non-alcoholic beverages, on the Suite Room Service menu. 

I also looked at our November 2024 Millennium sailing and not showing charges for those items on the Suite Room Service menu either. 

Which suites are you in on those 2 cruises?

1 hour ago, islabahia said:

We are in CS in Summit in March and no up charges for room service items.  In December ‘23 on Reflection (Sunset Veranda) several items show an up charge (crab cakes).  Weird….

1 hour ago, islabahia said:

We are in CS in Summit in March and no up charges for room service items.  In December ‘23 on Reflection (Sunset Veranda) several items show an up charge (crab cakes).  Weird….

Is sunset Veranda a suite?

13 hours ago, danceswithphones said:

Here is what you should see:

BC422FEC-3F3B-46EB-BBD3-40796AF8B6A5.thumb.jpeg.a240f780db5654074280e5b44bdfca05.jpeg

969D161B-A9B8-4A09-8D4B-384B46BCF40C.thumb.jpeg.11792a2075146293ce35d2cc1616e868.jpeg

C846DF2C-E820-4CF4-864A-9C27FD747CDD.thumb.png.ad27b54f5d479e900f923bc57378d62b.png