No More Gala Nights?

HollDoll

I’m on an 11 day southern Caribbean cruise next week and on my itinerary in the Navigator app for every night it says dress is smart casual.  Does anyone know if they are doing away with gala nights, or is the Navigator app wrong?

8 minutes ago, HollDoll said:

I’m on an 11 day southern Caribbean cruise next week and on my itinerary in the Navigator app for every night it says dress is smart casual.  Does anyone know if they are doing away with gala nights, or is the Navigator app wrong?

Mine says the same thing.  I've also heard others say that so I think it's a mistake which doesn't help for planning purposes.  That said, there is nothing "special" about dressy nights to me.

Do you see "dressy" nights?  

That's the new name for "gala" nights......

From today's HAL website FAQs:

• Most evenings smart casual attire is appropriate. Shorts, pool/beachwear, distressed jeans and men’s tank tops are best left to the daytime and are not permitted in fine dining restaurants. 
  • Dressy Nights evoke the grand traditions of cruising as guests dress to impress for special events on board, including our five-course gourmet dinner in the Dining Room. For gentlemen, collared shirts and slacks are required in all fine dining restaurants. 

2 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

The Navigator app will not update and show the real information until you are onboard.

Your boarding pass will show the number of dressy nights, but not which date.

The boarding pass "used" to show that.  It no longer does even when your cruise is pretty close.

3 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

The boarding pass "used" to show that.  It no longer does even when your cruise is pretty close.

You are correct.  I looked at our June boarding pass and it showed the number of 'Gala Nights' but the September cruise did not mention it.

Hard to keep up with all the changes. 🙄

1 minute ago, VMax1700 said:

You are correct.  I looked at our June boarding pass and it showed the number of 'Gala Nights' but the September cruise did not mention it.

Hard to keep up with all the changes. 🙄

Yeah, I don't know what the big secret is. If I didn't know better I'd think they were gone.

Then perhaps no more "dressy" nights?

(Not that it mattered to us, we wore the same type of clothes every night anyway...kaki pants and dress shirt for me...which meets the "dressy" requirement.....just hope I can get my escargot at least one time in 7 nights)

Same with my app. But I did notice that in the schedule for 3 days of my 14 day cruise, it mentions photo ops for dressy nights. So I'm assuming those are the Gala nights (or whatever they're calling it these days).

I know the web page says " no shorts" on cruise casual nights, but it didn't seem like anyone was enforcing that on our last cruise.  I guess capri length pants are ok for ladies.  Hubby would also enjoy wearing a pair of dress shorts, especially in the Caribbean or warm climates.