PSVA as it applies to B2B cruises

gometros

I've been trying to understand the Passenger Vessel Services Act and have read the act and other various sources, so I understand the issues. But there's one part of the act that mentions exclusion of Puerto Rico and was wondering if that applies to a back to back cruise or just a single cruise. For example, I wanted to do a Disney cruise that starts and ends in NYC with a stop in Bermuda and then stay on for a cruise that goes to San Juan with stops in Bermuda and Tortola. Disney would not allow it. Does the Puerto Rico exemption not apply in this case?

18 minutes ago, gometros said:

I've been trying to understand the Passenger Vessel Services Act and have read the act and other various sources, so I understand the issues. But there's one part of the act that mentions exclusion of Puerto Rico and was wondering if that applies to a back to back cruise or just a single cruise. For example, I wanted to do a Disney cruise that starts and ends in NYC with a stop in Bermuda and then stay on for a cruise that goes to San Juan with stops in Bermuda and Tortola. Disney would not allow it. Does the Puerto Rico exemption not apply in this case?

IMO, it wouldn't violate the PVSA.  Now, DCL is fairly new in the PVSA world, and, since the were burned pretty badly learning about it on her Alaska/US cruises when she sailed from Seattle, they may be overly cautious.

Maybe @chengkp75 can chime in here.

Edited by Shmoo here

22 minutes ago, gometros said:

Disney is wrong. They should allow it. 

58 minutes ago, gometros said:

Disney was wrong. BY TA is stubborn and persistent. She called back today and took it up the line. It was coded in the system incorrectly. I got my B2B. Thanks to both of you for responding.

And just another reason to use a TA. They might very well not listened to a single customer, but paid attention when a TA who might very well do a lot of business with them called.

• Like 3