Room Service

JerseyShore

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I can ask a basic room service charge question. Does Princess add any basic service charge when a meal is delivered to any cabin category if no individual menu items chosen have an upcharge?

Princess does not have a delivery charge for room service. It's included, for everyone.

The only charges with room service are for any of the items that have a charge, ie steak frites, pizza, sushi, etc. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

It is a bit of a pain to make, and takes about 30 minutes to make from scratch.  And then I have to find something to do with the egg whites, because Hollandaise uses only the yolks.

Hollandaise uses lemons so while you are at it you could whip the egg whites and make a lemon meringue pie!

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

Hollandaise uses lemons so while you are at it you could whip the egg whites and make a lemon meringue pie!

Actually, I was thinking of a Julia Child’s recipe; a Princess specialty is her Floating Islands, a meringue in Anglais sauce.  Earlier this month, the cook on the Sapphire ruined the meringue twice (floating islands and baked Alaska), and I’ve been thinking of making up Floating Islands.  12 egg white, 6 yolks, leaving 6 yolks for Hollandaise!!!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I can ask a basic room service charge question. Does Princess add any basic service charge when a meal is delivered to any cabin category if no individual menu items chosen have an upcharge?

Unlike the other cruise lines, Princess does not charge for room service delivery.  There are only a few items that have a cost.  Most of the items on the room service menu are complementary.   

• Thanks 1