Does Nieuw Statendam has sugar free syrup for lattes?

CruiserKris34

13 hours ago, CruiserKris34 said:

Silly question, but I like to save some calories in my 2 morning latte's.  Do they have sugar free syrups for the coffee/latte?  Thanks, Kris

Very few flavors.  I always chose Vanilla, I think they had one or two other flavors.  This is as of yesterday.

Edited to add the only other flavor was Irish Cream during our 28 days onboard.

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is not a HAL topic but an any cruise ship issue.  We all know that supply problems (logistics) have caused all kinds of problems across the world.  It has also hit the cruise industry and those of us who have done a fair amount of cruising and travel have learned to smile and adjust to missing items.  When we were on a Princess cruise last year they quickly ran out of many of the bar wines, Baily's, many regular bourbons, etc.  We happened to have a chat with the hotel manager who told us that two large containers full of many of these products had not made it to the port on time due to an trucking company problems.  On a Seabourn cruise last year, the executive chef came ashore with us on one Greek Island to go shopping because an entire container of fruits/vegies did not show-up in Pireaus.  The Chef went to a few local stores and bought out many of the fresh veggies and fruit.  

So for folks that have certain specific demands, be prepared to use alternatives or go without.  One irony is that we have seen lots of empty shelves here in the USA, cruise ships have had problems with their suppliers, but when we spent some time in Europe the supermarkets seemed well stocked.  Go figure.

Hank

At the start of the pandemic the grocery stores were cleaned out where I live. That was because people got panicked and bought way more than they should have and some shady people were buying things to sell at a premium.  As it went along there were shortages here and there.  Now it’s pretty easy to get everything I want.  Shelves are well stocked in the part of Canada I live in. I still find it hard to believe that a company the size of carnival corporation struggles so much still.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hlitner said:

This is not a HAL topic but an any cruise ship issue.  We all know that supply problems (logistics) have caused all kinds of problems across the world.  It has also hit the cruise industry and those of us who have done a fair amount of cruising and travel have learned to smile and adjust to missing items.  When we were on a Princess cruise last year they quickly ran out of many of the bar wines, Baily's, many regular bourbons, etc.  We happened to have a chat with the hotel manager who told us that two large containers full of many of these products had not made it to the port on time due to an trucking company problems.  On a Seabourn cruise last year, the executive chef came ashore with us on one Greek Island to go shopping because an entire container of fruits/vegies did not show-up in Pireaus.  The Chef went to a few local stores and bought out many of the fresh veggies and fruit.  

So for folks that have certain specific demands, be prepared to use alternatives or go without.  One irony is that we have seen lots of empty shelves here in the USA, cruise ships have had problems with their suppliers, but when we spent some time in Europe the supermarkets seemed well stocked.  Go figure.

Hank

Well, it would not be a demand and I would never even be upset it they didn't have it.  It was a simple question that i wondered about.  I thought that was what this message board was for.  I will take my stevia for my coffee. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

I don't think this has anything to do with a supply issue because in all the years we've sailed HAL they never have had more than 2, maybe 3 sugar-free syrups for the coffee in the Explorations Cafe.  Probably not many people ask for it.

That’s they catch all for everything hal has done away with or doesn’t do.  It’s a “supply issue”.  I wish I had a nickel for every time I’ve heard that little gem 😛.

1 hour ago, CruiserKris34 said:

Well, it would not be a demand and I would never even be upset it they didn't have it.  It was a simple question that i wondered about.  I thought that was what this message board was for.  I will take my stevia for my coffee. 

DW is a tea drinker and prefers Earl Gray or English Breakfast.  After a lot of decades of experience, she has learned to always take some tea bags when we go on a cruise.   The issue with your question is that one can say that something is on their particular cruise, but that does not mean it will be on your cruise.  We live in strange times.

Hank