Cape Canaveral terminal 1

Yes, there's several restaurants but not really any shopping.  I know there's a dive and surf shop and some fishing charters and a parasail business.  . Grills, Fishlips, Gators and a couple of other seafood restaurants.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, lovetocruise/diamond said:

We will be stopping at Port Canaveral terminal 1 on a upcoming cruise, is there anything to do or walk to at the port?  Shops/restaurants?

TIA

Last week Anthem docked pretty far away from terminal 1.   We were kind of between Disney and Carnival.  It would have been a long, hot walk to terminal 1 (another Royal ship was there)  There was really nothing to do there when port hours are noon to 8 PM.  From the crowds onboard, it was pretty much a sea day while docked.

8 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

https://www.grillsseafood.com/port-canaveral/

I've never been but many local cruisers recommend it.

We did this place on October 31st prior to getting on the Independence of the Seas.  Had breakfast and a few starter drinks (Bloody Mary and Screw Driver).  I had the Biscuits and Gravy with 2 over medium on top and my wife had hashbrowns.  To be honest, the Gravy was the best Gravy I've had in a long time.  The biscuits where just Okay.  My wife liked the hashbrowns.  Nice place.  Super friendly wait staff.  

BTW:  The restaurant is right next to the Terminal, easy walk.  

DSCF2312.JPG

DSCF2314.JPG

DSCF2313.JPG

Edited by Ret MP
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ret MP said:

We did this place on October 31st prior to getting on the Independence of the Seas.  Had breakfast and a few starter drinks (Bloody Mary and Screw Driver).  I had the Biscuits and Gravy with 2 over medium on top and my wife had hashbrowns.  To be honest, the Gravy was the best Gravy I've had in a long time.  The biscuits where just Okay.  My wife liked the hashbrowns.  Nice place.  Super friendly wait staff.  

BTW:  The restaurant is right next to the Terminal, easy walk.  

DSCF2312.JPG

DSCF2314.JPG

DSCF2313.JPG

Your cruise was the ship docked at terminal 1 that I referenced in my previous post.  We were on the Anthem.  It appeared to be a long walk on busy looking roads without sidewalks.  Most people stayed onboard.

Terminal #1 is on a side road with cafes, bars, and definitely sidewalks along the way.  No worries walking along that port area. 

Terminal #5 is the one with nothing around it, no sidewalks, and very busy road.  

image.jpeg.bb89509a20215f4a22ba9353017e1e43.jpeg

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, davy jones said:

Your cruise was the ship docked at terminal 1 that I referenced in my previous post.  We were on the Anthem.  It appeared to be a long walk on busy looking roads without sidewalks.  Most people stayed onboard.

Terminal #5 is along way away.  But, no road crossings if walking from Terminal #1.  Sidewalks all the way.  

• Like 1

the rest' area is Glen Cheek Drive and sometimes called the south side of the port. Here you find terminals 1 and 3

the north side is where you find 5,6,8 & 10 with 8 being Disney ..... RCL has been using 5/6 as overflow as does Carn'

You can not walk from the north to the south side as they are connected by a drawbridge over the barge canal which is CLOSED to foot traffic. There are no sidewalks or foot lane on the bridge and security WILL stop you (if the bridge tender calls them)

image.thumb.png.563fdcb8fc7e53a93cc339bf0f16fcd6.png

Edited by Capt_BJ
  • Like 2