10:30 am flight from FLL from Port everglades???

loving goldens

This is discussed daily on the Florida Departures board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

If you are fully mobile, can carry off your bags in the first or second group, and grab the first cab you see, you can make it. But any hitches, and its going to be a tough day.

• Like 2

Maybe yes and maybe no.  If the ship is cleared within the usual time frame than all should be fine.  But there are times when a ship's clearance (by CBP) is delayed for various reasons.  Sometimes it can be as simple as CBP being understaffed and other times there might be some issues with paperwork, some crew members, etc.  We once were on a Celebrity ship that was not cleared until nearly 9:30 because CBP wanted to talk to one particular crew member who was "missing."   That was a nasty morning as hundreds (perhaps more) likely missed their flights.

With a 10:30 flight (and we have done it) we agree that one should use Express Disembarkation" where you must carry-off all of your own luggage!  We also get our own transportation (either taxi or Uber) since we do not want to waste time sitting on a bu while they load luggage, wait for more passengers, etc.  And bus transfers usually go to a single drop point at FLL which may be far from your own airline.  With a taxi or Uber/Lyft we get dropped right at the proper door.  I should add that it is also helpful to have TSA Precheck and Global Entry can also speed things along at Port Everglades.

Hank

The airport is a short ride from Port Everglades. If you Get off the ship by 7am and you should be OK. Remember you  aren't the only cruise passenger wanting to fly out of FLL that morning, so security lines could be long.

In General I would not book before 11 am, same goes for San Diego.

-Paul

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, iflyrc5 said:

We have done it.  Carry off your bags.  If you have global entry or TSA precheck it will help.

OK, I know I am an 'outsider', but did I not read somewhere that Port Everglades does not have Global Entry (anymore) and all immigration has gone to Facial Recognition?

(Apologies if I am talking out of place 😁)

If you are TSA pre or global entry you should be okay, if not the lines for security are very long at FLL and they start at 6 AM since many flights leave at 7 AM. We were shocked at how crowded the airport was for our 7:17 AM flight to LAX.  

Check how many ships are in port that day.  If it is a particularly busy day with a few mega ships discharging passengers the airport might be a zoo.  Even if you get a taxi you might be met with incredibly long lines at the airport.  If you have carryon only you probably can easily do it