Asking to switch Cabins?

We have a balcony stateroom with a set of triplets in one, (10 yo) then a cabin in between our next cabin that has a 9; 7; and 3 yo old. Seems no matter how early we book we can’t get rooms beside each other let alone connecting.   Does Royal not have rooms that accommodate 4 beside each other?
and has any one ever gotten a fellow cruiser to switch cabins so that the kiddos would be beside each other?  

6 minutes ago, Royally Ready to cruise said:

We have a balcony stateroom with a set of triplets in one, (10 yo) then a cabin in between our next cabin that has a 9; 7; and 3 yo old. Seems no matter how early we book we can’t get rooms beside each other let alone connecting.   Does Royal not have rooms that accommodate 4 beside each other?
and has any one ever gotten a fellow cruiser to switch cabins so that the kiddos would be beside each other?  

Unfortunately the way the cabins are configured there are no cabins that hold 4 that are beside each other on most classes of ships.

Look at the Icon, there are lots of cabins that hold 4 that are beside each other

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately the way the cabins are configured there are no cabins that hold 4 that are beside each other on most classes of ships.

Look at the Icon, there are lots of cabins that hold 4 that are beside each other

And if he is paying 8 fares on the Icon, he better take out a second mortgage on his house!  😮 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Royally Ready to cruise said:

Don’t ask someone to switch with you.   The account info shows on your TV, etc.  it’s not like switching airline seats.   

12 hours ago, Ashland said:

I booked 2 Surfside Suites on Icon for May 2024 next to each other, two adults and two kids in each. $7756.92 per cabin. Oh well...we'll have fun.

😳 wow that’s insane for a cruise but to each their own I guess 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Royally Ready to cruise said:

thanks everyone.  We are on the ovation sailing to Alaska next summer. Not very easy for a family of 5 unless you book a jr suite. 

how much hassle is to stick one of the kids (age 7) in their aunts room?   Hassle as I getting off ports etc. ?

No hassle at all

2 hours ago, Royally Ready to cruise said:

how much hassle is to stick one of the kids (age 7) in their aunts room?   Hassle as I getting off ports etc. ?

They will just check to make sure that the 7yo is with "an adult" when getting off, but not WHO the adult is or if they're in the same room.

My kid learned to get in line with a buddy's family when getting off at Coco Cay or Labadee (with my permission, y'all, settle down -- he was a teenager, not a toddler!) and when his card buzzed because he was a minor, they never said a thing b/c he was with the buddy's parents and so he was "supervised by an adult" in the ship's opinion.  

He's also gone off with a family friend who was obviously not old enough to be his parent.  

He also took his underage girlfriend off in Puerto Rico when he was 18yo.  We had a signed/notarized consent letter from her parent that named both me and my son as her guardians during the cruise, with permission to leave and enter the country.  I had no desire to get off in PR yet again, and my son knew his way around, so off they went.  Security tried to give them a hard time about it, but he just calmly pointed out that he had the consent letter, and he was a legal adult, and they both had their passports... and security had to let them get off.  

• Like 2

I was asked to change our cabin on a RC cruise back in 2019.  I agreed for the $200 on board credit.  BIG mistake.  I had pre-purchased a lot of things on the cruise planner, like ship tours, wine tastings, spa visits, etc.  It took a lot of work on board ship to get those purchases changed to my new stateroom number.   Luckily,  I befriended RC's F&B manager the first day and he was a huge help with resolving most of the challenges incurred by the room change.  

Best of luck to you getting cabins near each other.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, allie3490 said:

😳 wow that’s insane for a cruise but to each their own I guess 

Not really...but unfortunately it's not in the category of suites we usually book. But we'll certainly make do. Taking the extended family with us when they can cruise is what's it all about for us at this point in our life. You just never know.

• Like 1

Look at the deck plans online and pay attention to the cabin types (all cabins are not created equal!). 

We had connecting cabins on the Anthem and if memory serves our cabin only slept 2 (maybe 3, I think the couch/futon could have slept a 3rd person) and the connecting cabin slept 4.

thanks every one.  We have looked and looked for an inside stateroom across the hall. Finally found it.  Door opened up into an inside hallway not close at all!   Another of our families has 2 adults and  6 children   no way to get them side by side.   we went with royal for all the free activities on board for the kiddos.  Regretting our choice