Moving guaranteed inside - category question

Using the famous "Apple Wallet trick", I've figured out that we're in cabin 3139 on Enchantment.  Looks to be at the back under the dining room.  We can live with that, but may want to try to change.  My question is - this cabin shows as "CI" (connecting inside) on the deck map.  (I really don't need a connecting room).  Am I limited to other connecting rooms in trying to change?  TIA.

8 minutes ago, soccermom4 said:

My question is - this cabin shows as "CI" (connecting inside) on the deck map.  (I really don't need a connecting room).  Am I limited to other connecting rooms in trying to change?  TIA.

Yes, can only switch within the assigned category.

20 minutes ago, Ogtubbx3 said:

How does one request to switch rooms? I just looked at my apple wallet pass as well and now see my room number.. so thanks for that tip! We’re right above MDR, not sure if noise is bad.

Has it been officially assigned?  Not just you can see it on wallet has to be assigned. Then you can look at other identical category cabins and request a switch.

1 hour ago, soccermom4 said:

Using the famous "Apple Wallet trick", I've figured out that we're in cabin 3139 on Enchantment.  Looks to be at the back under the dining room.  We can live with that, but may want to try to change.  My question is - this cabin shows as "CI" (connecting inside) on the deck map.  (I really don't need a connecting room).  Am I limited to other connecting rooms in trying to change?  TIA.

You must wait for it to be officially assigned (actually see your cabin number on your booking and not through reading the barcode) Then it can only be switched to the exact same category, in your case another CI stateroom.

58 minutes ago, Ogtubbx3 said:

How does one request to switch rooms? I just looked at my apple wallet pass as well and now see my room number.. so thanks for that tip! We’re right above MDR, not sure if noise is bad.

You must wait for it to be officially assigned and then call and just say that you want to change from room xxx to room yyy. (new room must be in the excat same category not just another inside or balcony...4v to a 4v etc.  Don't mention that it was a guarantee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ogtubbx3 said:

I don't see any problem with a cabin above the dining room 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I agree.  People do warn about cabins above public spaces, though they are often thinking about bars/music/dance venues and such that are apt the send  noise/vibration through their ceiling.  I’d be happy above a dining room or retail space.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soccermom4 said:

Using the famous "Apple Wallet trick", I've figured out that we're in cabin 3139 on Enchantment.  Looks to be at the back under the dining room.  

14 minutes ago, molly361 said:

6 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

I agree.  People do warn about cabins above public spaces, though they are often thinking about bars/music/dance venues and such that are apt the send  noise/vibration through their ceiling.  I’d be happy above a dining room or retail space.

Cabin 3139 is below the dining room, not above.

1 hour ago, Ogtubbx3 said:

4 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Cabin 3139 is below the dining room, not above.

You obviously did NOT read the post that I was quoting  AND that the others were talking about.  Cabin was ABOVE the dining room

Edited by molly361

54 minutes ago, Prettyinpink72 said:

I just booked a guaranteed cabin on Wonder. What is the "apple wallet trick"?

After check-in (starts 45 days before sailing), pull up the SetSail Pass in the app and add to wallet.  Pull it up in the wallet.  The numbers after the dash (below the barcode) are the cabin that's currently assigned.

4 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

After check-in (starts 45 days before sailing), pull up the SetSail Pass in the app and add to wallet.  Pull it up in the wallet.  The numbers after the dash (below the barcode) are the cabin that's currently assigned.

Yes, and to add a bit more info:

*If rather than numbers you see “gty” after the dash, you do not yet have an assignment.  You can check back; a clue to do so is seeing a muster station (but no cabin assignment) in the Royal app.

*Non-apple users can use a barcode reader on their seapass with similar results.