Rotterdam sailing into storm wednesday ??

RetiredRich

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale tomorrow for the wednesday Rotterdam cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.  Looks like that will be in the middle of the expected storm.  Seems to me if the ship leaves at 4 pm it might leave and beat the worst.  But I'm thinking we might just get boarded and spend the night in port.  Looks like Thursday it might be clearing.  We are leaving Kentucky in the morning.

20 minutes ago, RetiredRich said:

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale tomorrow for the wednesday Rotterdam cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.  Looks like that will be in the middle of the expected storm.  Seems to me if the ship leaves at 4 pm it might leave and beat the worst.  But I'm thinking we might just get boarded and spend the night in port.  Looks like Thursday it might be clearing.  We are leaving Kentucky in the morning.

The last place a ship wants to be in a hurricane is tied up to a dock. So the option would be for Rotterdam not to return to port if they are likely to get caught in the storm while in port.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm almost wishing that they would move the ship down to Miami where there isn't (at least currently) a Hurricane Watch.  Ship is due to leave at 3PM but tropical force winds are possible along the coast by 8AM.  Remember, those winds extend all the way up to 70ish mph.  I vote for Miami since we live just south of there and are also boarding on Wednesday. 😎

Linda R.

I'm on the Rotterdam now, ending the first segment of a B2B.  Captain said earlier he is adjusting our path toward Florida to have the smoothest ride possible.  He said he'll keep us updated.  I'll post here whenever I hear anything more tomorrow.  Fingers crossed for everyone impacted!

~Nancy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

We are suppose to be on the Rotterdam Weds as well. We live just south of Cocoa in FL so no airplane to worry about just the 3.5hr drive. Looked at Port Everglades schedule and Eurodam and Rotterdam one no longer on it. First cruise ship (Celebrity) is on the schedule for the 11th as of 10am today.

33 minutes ago, Lcubed said:

We are suppose to be on the Rotterdam Weds as well. We live just south of Cocoa in FL so no airplane to worry about just the 3.5hr drive. Looked at Port Everglades schedule and Eurodam and Rotterdam one no longer on it. First cruise ship (Celebrity) is on the schedule for the 11th as of 10am today.

They are both still on the Port Everglades app.

10 hours ago, oakridger said:

I'm on the Rotterdam now, ending the first segment of a B2B.  Captain said earlier he is adjusting our path toward Florida to have the smoothest ride possible.  He said he'll keep us updated.  I'll post here whenever I hear anything more tomorrow.  Fingers crossed for everyone impacted!

~Nancy

Good to hear from someone on now!  Yesterday when I check the ship location, it looked like you sailed away from Grand Turk and were heading north along the outside of the Bahamas....this morning, I see you off the coast of Cuba.  Wise choice to go that way, for sure!  IF we get to get on tomorrow, I'm hoping we won't take the "typical" way down to the Eastern Caribbean (Straight out from FLL through the Bahamas to the Atlantic, then take a right to go south).  Hoping for going along the way you  are going to get here.

Other than the storm, and I think you are missing HMC today, how are things onboard?  Any Covid info?

If you have time, please, please let us know what is happening regarding docking tomorrow.

Thanks,

Linda R.

5 minutes ago, HollDoll said:

They are both still on the Port Everglades app.

Does it still show Weds? Just got notice from Port Everglades that they are now code Yankee and expecting to go to code Zulu at 8pm. Just a waiting game now I guess.

Current condition regarding Port Everglades and Port Miami:

https://assets.simpleviewinc.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/MSIB_22_024_Port_Condition_Yankee_NICOLE_signed_fe393129-5d54-466c-9e36-baa85b6b7194.pdf

All vessels over 500 tons must leave and none allowed in or within 3 miles of the coast.

Linda R.