Weren’t Pinnacles in the suite lounge before Covid?

Tenderpaw

18 hours ago, topnole said:

On TAs there are usually 200-300+ pinnacles.  They don’t fit in the SL/CK and Royal learned their lesson on this with TAs.  

Exactly this ^.   I think Wonder is doing a great job with the juggling act of this Wonder TA C&A heavy cruise.  

And it is not just Pinnacles that are in large supply...it's all tiers.  More than half the ship are C&A members.  

Simply typical and expected on a TA.  

Edited by island lady

14 hours ago, HicksRA said:

I guess If a Pin wants assured access to the SL, he/she can always book a suite….

It seems to me that most are well healed individuals who spent a lot of money to achieve the goal but now want to book a $300 inside cabin and be treated like royalty. 

What is an inside cabin?  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, ggo85 said:

Maybe the solution is to create a separate "Pinnacle Lounge" or restaurant with whatever benefits RCCL wants to provide.  My guess is that the D/D+ lounge will become less popular now that the drinks there count against the voucher total, so might be able to carve out some of that.  

I don't know what Pinn's were "promised," but there seems to be a "commingling" of Pinn benefits and suite benefits.  They are related but discrete programs.  Both should be able to enjoy full benefits of what they earned / paid for without having to worry about being turned away from, or crowded out of, a venue.   

On Pinnacle heavy cruises...they DO have another venue for a lounge for Pinnacles.  It has been the Music Hall (Dazzles location on other Oasis class ships) for over 3 weeks now here on Wonder.  Bar service is great, and the happy tiser selection is far better than the SL.  😉 

Have been on ships (EX earlier this year) that had a Pinnacle lounge set up, when there was only 11 of us.  No one ever went in there, poor attendant was bored and there was a lot of happy tiser waste.  We stopped in there to say hello, but preferred using our vouchers in various other areas, mostly the VCL.  On the following week with just 10 of us...they finally shut it down.

RCI doing a good job to open up that lounge, but now realize it needs to just be opened when it is a Pinnacle heavy cruise.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

A) Suite Lounge drinks aren't unlimited for Pins.

B) The SL is quiet because it's to far away.

We sailed OY in January and no one but us went there. We mainly went to keep the staff occupied 

LOL...and we went to Music Hall to spend time with the bored wait staff in the Pinnacle area.  😉 

Laura became quite good at fixing the coffee machine.  😄 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

As I say? Are you implying it’s something other than money that is spent? I mean, I know I earned mine dirt cheap, but most Pinns get there with a lot of $$ spent.

I would disagree. Met quite a few Pins that got it under the old system  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bucfan2 said:

Perfect example of how most Pinnacles hope to not be perceived.

I don't care how I am perceived....I am just enjoying the perks.  My favorite perk, unlimited WIFI on all ships, especially the little ships (which I don't believe have the program included if you are in a suite on those). 🤗   

Loving the drink vouchers as well...perfect!  Happy Hour is any hour, at any bar.  

Actually get a laugh out of the "stink eye" I get from some suites guests when I walk through the SL and CK with my "most expensive piece of jewelry" displayed.   They of course have no idea that I also sail in suites.  😉  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, George C said:

We have met several pinnacles that book suites and never boast that they are pinnacle.

Yup, Bucky never wears his pin, except to Pinnacle events.  I wear mine to annoy people.  😄 😄  Seem to be getting that job done! 😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, George C said:

We have met several pinnacles that book suites and never boast that they are pinnacle.

We met two people that just happen to be pinnacle members on our March B2B Caribbean cruise and not once was tier levels or cabins categories ever brought up. A lot more in life to talk about.  

• Like 5

I remember the first cruise that we made diamond status a older pinnacle couple, told us about the perks for diamond and about the free drinks in diamond lounge . They said they always book inside cabins since they were upgraded often . Have only met a couple of annoying pinnacle and from conversations the other pinnacles thought they were annoying also 😁😁.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, George C said:

I remember the first cruise that we made diamond status a older pinnacle couple, told us about the perks for diamond and about the free drinks in diamond lounge . They said they always book inside cabins since they were upgraded often . Have only met a couple of annoying pinnacle and from conversations the other pinnacles thought they were annoying also 😁😁.

And they were most likely annoying before they made pinnacle or just in life. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We met two people that just happen to be pinnacle members on our March B2B Caribbean cruise and not once was tier levels or cabins categories ever brought up. A lot more in life to talk about.  

Indeed....though I do remember a conversation about flights and a suitcase.  😄 

Don't forget your duck tape Dave!!  Sorry couldn't resist...you may now start your flame thrower.  🤣

Miss you two!  🙂 Cheers my friend!  🥂

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, George C said:

Yup...all pax from all levels...everyone is different.  

There are nice people, and not so nice...in all levels.  It is not unique to any one level.  Labeling a whole C&A level, simply from a bad exchange from a member from that group, is not fair and unrealistic.  

Our goal:  Avoid the not so nice, and cherish the nice ones.  We had our wonderfully kind and helpful mentors as well...Gary and Mary...you know who you are.  See you in a couple of weeks.  🤗

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Indeed....though I do remember a conversation about flights and a suitcase.  😄 

Don't forget your duck tape Dave!!  Sorry couldn't resist...you may now start your flame thrower.  🤣

Miss you two!  🙂 Cheers my friend!  🥂

Another believe it or not story concerning duck tape. Reader's Digest version. On our September cruise we didn't need it (right on!) but met a couple who said one of a their suitcases got damaged during their flight. Needless to say, duck tape man to the rescue. Then we told them our non Reader's Digest version of our nightmare in March. And guess who this couple had the misfortune of flying with that caused the damage to their suitcase?! Bingo, Jetblue or as I now so lovingly refer to them as Jetbarf. Ya just can't make this stuff up. 😃

58 minutes ago, George C said:

Must have been a long time ago😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

I would disagree. Met quite a few Pins that got it under the old system  

I don't know what you mean about the old system. I thought it was 1 point per cruise back then, with some opportunities to earn more per cruise. Isn't that basically the same it is now... 1 point per night, with some opportunities to earn more per night? Maybe you are referring to a bunch of short cruises? That would have certainly been beneficial to me if I lived in Florida back then, as I LOVE three day cruises because I do not have to use any vacation time.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Yup, Bucky never wears his pin, except to Pinnacle events.  I wear mine to annoy people.  😄 😄  Seem to be getting that job done! 😉 

I don't wear mine either. They are on a shelf with the stratum and other blocks that I like to have in my home office, with other cruising stuff. 

However, the mere idea that I could wear it, and that in itself could annoy the heck out of someone, is making me rethink. I love to aggravate busy bodies.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I don't wear mine either. They are on a shelf with the stratum and other blocks that I like to have in my home office, with other cruising stuff. 

However, the mere idea that I could wear it, and that in itself could annoy the heck out of someone, is making me rethink. I love to aggravate busy bodies.

I do that and I'm not even pinnacle. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mikew0805 said:

I don’t think the badges annoy people in any way.  I guess maybe a few people who clearly have some type of wied

issues far beyond cruise status stuff.  However, I am quite sure many people laugh at it in the sense they view it as goofy or tacky.  Sort of like a person wearing a ridiculous outfit or an old man with a combover.  So I think the idea that it annoys people is a misinterpretation.   I think people simply find it goofy for adults to wear such a thing in modern society.  

To me, the idea of wearing a badge like that makes zero sense.  I don’t do this (to highlight myself) in other much more important areas of life where I have high status.  Why would I do it on vacation?  

If the idea is that staff will treat you better, no thanks.  They will treat me just fine because I treat them with kindness and respect.  I don’t go around flashing my star class card or wear it on a lanyard when I’m traveling star class.  Nor do I try show my diamond plus part on my card (because who cares) when I’m in an inside cabin.   I’m certainly not going to wear a badge when I’m on vacation.  Again, I just don’t get why anyone does this.  Doesn’t annoy me at all. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

I don't know what you mean about the old system. I thought it was 1 point per cruise back then, with some opportunities to earn more per cruise. Isn't that basically the same it is now... 1 point per night, with some opportunities to earn more per night? Maybe you are referring to a bunch of short cruises? That would have certainly been beneficial to me if I lived in Florida back then, as I LOVE three day cruises because I do not have to use any vacation time.

yep... the two /three day cruises were the way to move up the tier quickly