Cancelling and rebooking in cruiseplanner

latebuyer

If you cancel something in cruise planner are you able to rebook it right away? Thinking of booking something now when its 10% off, but i’m wondering if it would go for 15% black friday in which case i would want to cancel and rebook right away.

yes.   I do this with deluxe beverage packages for myself/spouse.   Each time price drops cancel and rebook.   The only issue I have heard of is with Excursions - sometimes they are not available to rebook if they are close to being sold out or sold out - even after you cancel.

4 minutes ago, BobNoxious said:

yes.   I do this with deluxe beverage packages for myself/spouse.   Each time price drops cancel and rebook.   The only issue I have heard of is with Excursions - sometimes they are not available to rebook if they are close to being sold out or sold out - even after you cancel.

Good point. We saw a lower price on the roller coaster unlimited rides at Labadee on a cruise earlier this year. We cancelled the booking but when we went to purchase the lower price, the only thing available for purchase was the single ride roller coaster. We never saw the unlimited rides available again for that cruise so we ended up just hanging out at the beach at Labadee that cruise.  

7 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

You can usually rebook quickly, but don't expect the refund on the cancelation to occur quickly.....

I use obc to book excursions. I get refunded my obc immediately. In seconds. It's back in my account.

Cant make a blanket statement about how long a refund will take without knowing payment method.

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I use obc to book excursions. I get refunded my obc immediately. In seconds. It's back in my account.

Cant make a blanket statement about how long a refund will take without knowing payment method.

Didn't make a blanket statement how long a refund will take, made a blanket statement about managing expectations......in your case if it takes more than a few seconds you might be disappointed......expectations are relative....

• Like 2

If you see an excursion at a lower price you can generally cancel and rebook it within a minute or two.  Don't try this if the excursion is showing only a few slots open, though.  I have had to refresh the excursion page sometimes to have it register that I no longer have that excursion booked.

Generally takes about 5 days for a refund to show up in credit card.  Immediate if booked with OBC (although may have to refresh as indicated above for OBC to be available to rebook).

We normally book excursions a year out and get several price reductions before the cruise.  Same used to happen for soda package but since they implemented the new Planner haven't seen that price go below $8.99/day.  Hoping for Black Friday sale for discounts on six cruises booked.

• Like 1

Good question OP.  I was wondering about this for our Alaska cruise in July. I booked the White Pass train excursion in Skagway for all 16 of us but wondered what would happen if the price dropped and I cancelled and tried to rebook.  The price is pretty reasonable through RCCL, and not much different than third party vendors, so I'm not sure it's worth the risk. 

However, for things like soda packages or drink packages, or dining packages that don't sell out, there is virtually no risk to cancel and repurchase.  I've done that many times.

Dan

• Like 1