Drink package.

ptite

Yes HAL's policy is different than Carnival's.  But Carnival charges more for their pkg than HAL does.  Since the HIA pkg includes a shore x credit, specialty dining credit, wifi & up to 15 drinks under $11 per drink.  I am not familiar with other cruise lines pkgs, but HAL's pkg seems fair/reasonable to me.  I am familiar with Carnival's drink pkg- non alcoholic beverages do not count toward your 15 drinks & the allowable price per drink is higher than HAL's.  Last I checked Carnival was selling the drink pkg for about $56 per day & doesn't include the other things HAL's includes.

7 minutes ago, coffee59 said:

Where on the Pinnacle class ships do I get a specialty coffee using by beverage package?  I know that the Dutch Cafe is not included in that promotion.  

I didn't know that the Dutch Cafe is excluded, are you sure about that?

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

and there is an expresso machine in Lido market on Pinnacle class where you can use Beverage Pack, should you wish.

Really?, will have to check that out.  As others are saying, it is my understanding that SBP signature beverage pkg does include Grand Dutch cafe, explorations cafe & anything under $11 in Pinnacle.  I am not an alcohol drinker, so having these non alcoholic beverages is why we bought the pkg.

1 minute ago, Banditswife said:

Really?, will have to check that out.  As others are saying, it is my understanding that SBP signature beverage pkg does include Grand Dutch cafe, explorations cafe & anything under $11 in Pinnacle.  I am not an alcohol drinker, so having these non alcoholic beverages is why we bought the pkg.

Yes I have used the SBP in Grand Dutch Cafe for coffee (food is no charge), Explorations for coffee (sometimes have nibbles) and in Lido (if there is a bartender who knows how to use the machine).  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

I’m not a huge alcohol drinker but I do like a coffee, water, Perrier and virgin  Caesar’s.  I do have some cocktails with dinner.  It will also save me buying a wine package.  When I don’t have it I tend not to have random “drinks”.  It’s just nice not to think about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VMax1700 said:

Yes I have used the SBP in Grand Dutch Cafe for coffee (food is no charge), Explorations for coffee (sometimes have nibbles) and in Lido (if there is a bartender who knows how to use the machine).  

I almost always forget to go to the Dutch cafe for coffee in the morning. I just always head to explorations and usually it’s further away.  Old habits die hard.

• Like 1

Just now, VMax1700 said:

looking forward to trying that.  Our last HAL cruise didn't have a G Dutch cafe & Explorations was too far away from our cabin to be convenient in the mornings.  I don't remember seeing an espresso machine on Lido, but perhaps I just missed it.  Thanks for the tip.

2 hours ago, carnivaljunkie said:

You can also buy the soda without using your drink package. Just take it from the mini bar or ask the bartender to charge you for it.

Minibar is inflated price. I have heard (and believe) that the bartender MUST use a card -- there is no other way to "charge you". If you present your room card and have beverage package, the soda will come out of it. The way around this is to buy one or more beverage cards, to use for the lower-cost non-alcoholic beverages or waters. These are available as follows:

$50 NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE CARD, $50 BEVERAGE CARD, $100 BEVERAGE CARD, $250 BEVERAGE CARD

23 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

G Dutch cafe & Explorations was too far away from our cabin to be convenient in the mornings. 

What better way to start a mid morning caffeine fix than coffee and ..........

20220830_114719.thumb.jpg.291ed0021118c3eae5f9b14ceb684aa0.jpg

20220830_115131.thumb.jpg.9b5b334c21ebff258b2951849fca09b8.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, crystalspin said:

The way around this is to buy one or more beverage cards, to use for the lower-cost non-alcoholic beverages or waters. These are available as follows:

$50 NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE CARD, $50 BEVERAGE CARD, $100 BEVERAGE CARD, $250 BEVERAGE CARD

This sounds like a good plan... can these cards be purchased during the cruise?

15 minutes ago, Balsam12 said:

I actually do not know as I have not done so! I would suppose so, but ASSUME makes...

Once you have a booking number you can Click on Cruise Activities, choose Beverages, choose Beverage Cards in the left column and proceed from there.  

2 hours ago, Balsam12 said:

Yes, at any (or at least most) bars. Charge goes on your room account (as you would expect).

As the OP, I am glad I asked.  Not sure where I got the idea that the Dutch Cafe was not included for Cappuccinos.  This is my favorite place for an afternoon break but I have not cruised for 2 years 7 months and 28 days.

So, is it the Dutch beers or other alcoholic beverages that are not part of the SBP?   

53 minutes ago, coffee59 said:

As the OP, I am glad I asked.  Not sure where I got the idea that the Dutch Cafe was not included for Cappuccinos.  This is my favorite place for an afternoon break but I have not cruised for 2 years 7 months and 28 days.

So, is it the Dutch beers or other alcoholic beverages that are not part of the SBP?   

So I looked at your posts and you were actually the one that thought that drinks in the pinnacle were not included.  May I ask where you are getting this information from?   The only place I can think of that the signature beverage package doesn’t apply is hmc.  Don’t think you can use it for the mini bar either.  You can have up to 15 drinks a day.  This includes water, coffee, liquor etc.  Only the small water is included.  It doesn’t matter where it is other than what I’ve listed.  I hope that eases your mind.

Edited by Florida_gal_50