Booked our 1st Azamara cruise...now what?!

Ski Mom 2

We have booked our first Azamara cruise (but not our first cruise) to New Zealand and Australia in January 2024 aboard the Journey. We booked a Veranda Plus, aft balcony cabin and are looking forward (backwards!) to the view and the cruise.

So, now what? What are the things we need to think about as far as Azamara? We were upgraded to the Ultimate drink package and will receive 2 specialty dining restaurant reservations during our cruise. I have been reading about the Chef's Table but I'm not sure when you book that or what's on the menu. I realize we are just over a year away and menus will probably change but I haven't seen much about Chef Table menus. In fact, I haven't seen any main dining menus either.

I checked out 2023 excursions (2024 are not up yet); do any of those sell out quickly and you should book them ahead? I understand that might be hard to really know with NZ and Australia just opening back up.

We are excited to sail with Azamara and look forward to our adventure down under!

• Like 2

One place you will get lots of information is here on the board - many pages to work through but it may well answer questions you have not even thought to ask!

Have fun, the time will soon fly and hope you come to love the spirit that is Azamara

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/10/2022 at 10:38 AM, uktog said:

One place you will get lots of information is here on the board - many pages to work through but it may well answer questions you have not even thought to ask!

Have fun, the time will soon fly and hope you come to love the spirit that is Azamara

I have looked through all those posts and I have to say it’s a bit confusing. Too many pages and info is hard to find. I get the idea but breaking info out into sections would be easier to read and find. 

I couldn’t find the menus you suggested even trying to follow your link. 

andrcan posted a link to the menus above, and they reflect what was offered on our Journey cruise in October.  [The Middle East night was cancelled early on, for lack of interest, and replaced by a second French tasting.]  I can vouch that both the French (especially!) and Italian were very good, and our sommelier did a fantastic job with the wine pairings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ski Mom 2 said:

I have looked through all those posts and I have to say it’s a bit confusing. Too many pages and info is hard to find. I get the idea but breaking info out into sections would be easier to read and find. 

Did you look at the spreadsheet which does exactly that https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Grandma Cruising for that link. It’s much easier to navigate!

I still couldn’t pull up main dining room menus from the one link. Maybe it’s just me!

Thanks for all the replies!

Edited by Ski Mom 2

9 hours ago, andrcan said:

For recent MDR menu examples among other useful things I'd recommend one of my favorite threads: 

Thanks for posting this! Exactly what I was looking for in regards to menus and life onboard!

• Thanks 1