Questions MSC World Europa

Maikell

I can imagine there are some questions about the new MSC World Europa. This forum is of course the perfect place for that, and in this topic we can also bundle those questions together.

let me kick off, in the summer of 2023 we are booked on this ship, super exciting of course!

It's just completely unclear to me which bars and lounges I can go to with my easy(+) package, does anyone know the answer to that?

I also would like to know whether there is an extra charge for bumper cars?

Thank you!

Edited by Maikell

First, you´re a bit early with your questions. The MSC World Europa is to be named on Sunday. So by today the first invited passengers are boarding for the naming ceremony.

The Easy+ package basically can be used at any bar. It´s more what you can order must be included in the package.

steamboats

21 minutes ago, steamboats said:

First, you´re a bit early with your questions. The MSC World Europa is to be named on Sunday. So by today the first invited passengers are boarding for the naming ceremony.

The Easy+ package basically can be used at any bar. It´s more what you can order must be included in the package.

steamboats

Early? If the first invited passengers are boarding, I should say perfect on time for a Q&A topic. Thank you for the respons but 'basically in any bar' is a vague answer.

On the Europa are several special bars as i can see. Will they always serve the drinkpackages outside there speciality? 

And my second question, will the bumpercars on a additional charge?

Edited by Maikell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Maikell said:

I can imagine there are some questions about the new MSC World Europa. This forum is of course the perfect place for that, and in this topic we can also bundle those questions together. - While it is a bit early, once the Europa seems is being named these days and she'll to work sort of differently from rest of the fleet, let me to give the provisional answers I can give right now. Find the answers in bold text:

let me kick off, in the summer of 2023 we are booked on this ship, super exciting of course!

It's just completely unclear to me which bars and lounges I can go to with my easy(+) package, does anyone know the answer to that? - While WE is great ship with future cruising experience in mind for the next cruising generations, IMHO it seems she has some lack of "traditional" hotel/ship bars, and that is the unique design flaw I can see on her now. Deck 5 needs a bar at MDR entrance, the candy and gelato place on deck 8 seem excessively big, and only a good lounge at the other side. Deck 6 lounge is "small" also; I hope them to "learn the lesson" as soon as possible... That said only time will tell where you can or not use the drinks packages. Definitely not on Jean Phillipe venues or the tea place once those are 3rd party service providers from ship, and from the price tag limit point for Easy/Easy+ likely not on the champagne and mixology bars. Premium Xtra might to be good on said bars for the entry level drinks only, not the signature drinks or more expensive trademarks.

I also would like to know whether there is an extra charge for bumper cars? - Considering this as a "fun" activity on the likes of the F1 simulators and such they have on the older ships; yes, there will be a charge. Hopefully; they'll add that to the, already usually well priced, cabin fun pass you may purchase for the duration of your cruise.

Thank you!

When Europa arrives in Europe it is possible there may be changes and extra charges, as happened with Seaside. On the Inaugural first sailing out of Miami we were able to have our Black/Diamond meal in Teppenyaki and the Zip line was free, some four months later on our second sailing Teppenyaki was no longer accessible for the Black/Diamond meal and a charge had been introduced for the Zip line.

28 minutes ago, sidari said:

When Europa arrives in Europe it is possible there may be changes and extra charges, as happened with Seaside. On the Inaugural first sailing out of Miami we were able to have our Black/Diamond meal in Teppenyaki and the Zip line was free, some four months later on our second sailing Teppenyaki was no longer accessible for the Black/Diamond meal and a charge had been introduced for the Zip line.

Yeah, that it, sadly, but my main concern lies on crowd control measures. I hope that all goes for the better. For day time the ship is wonderful. For night time, maybe, may not... Crowd control will make for changes and extra charges. The bumper cars will be an extra charge if the MSC's rational remains the same as for other fun activities though.

My family and I, 6 total, will be sailing in May.  I have so many questions but most can’t be answered until it starts cruising the end of December.  This will be our first on MSC and first in Europe.  There are quite of few videos on YouTube.  It looks spectacular.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, doones2 said:

My family and I, 6 total, will be sailing in May.  I have so many questions but most can’t be answered until it starts cruising the end of December.  This will be our first on MSC and first in Europe.  There are quite of few videos on YouTube.  It looks spectacular.

It is indeed spectacular. Hope the "software" to be up to par with the huge "hardware" they have here!...

Welcome to Europe. In May don't forget to bring an umbrella because there might to be some rain at this side of the pond from time to time. Nights may be quite cold as well, so be prepared! You'll enjoy a great time.

Have a nice day!...

2 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

It is indeed spectacular. Hope the "software" to be up to par with the huge "hardware" they have here!...

Welcome to Europe. In May don't forget to bring an umbrella because there might to be some rain at this side of the pond from time to time. Nights may be quite cold as well, so be prepared! You'll enjoy a great time.

Have a nice day!...

2 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

Have a nice day!...

7 hours ago, Maikell said:

@Maikell I can certainly guarantee that bumper cars will be a charge.  This is where a pre-purchased fun pass would come in handy. One pass - about a 40% bonus and fully transferable on the same sailing    Buy all the time when bowling is onboard-but looks like Europa will not have.  Will be in for 20 nights on the 25 March.  Cant wait  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Maikell said:

Early? If the first invited passengers are boarding, I should say perfect on time for a Q&A topic. Thank you for the respons but 'basically in any bar' is a vague answer.

On the Europa are several special bars as i can see. Will they always serve the drinkpackages outside there speciality? 

And my second question, will the bumpercars on a additional charge?

And those invited passenger don´t have to pay for the drinks... "basically in any bar" is totally correct as there are no exclusions unless it´s a third party brand (like the chocolate stuff Jean Philippe or Venchi, Crepes & Gelato and Lavazza Coffee shop). You may get a gin in the new gin bar but maybe there´s only one brand included in the package... the only limit is the price of the drink 8 Euro.

I´m pretty sure the bumper cars will have a fee as all activities have a fee on MSC - zip line, bowling, F1 simulator and so on. But it´s the same as for the bars... the currently invited passengers won´t pay anything.

The first cruise with paying passengers isn´t until Christmas - after the soccer world cup.

BTW, there are no bar menus currently in the app for the christening event.

steamboats

Edited by steamboats

On 11/11/2022 at 2:52 PM, Maikell said:

As expected there is a fee for the bumper cars:

5 Euro/2 minutes

(and yes, I asked back, it´s really 2 minutes). I´m not onboard but my DH is.

steamboats

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, steamboats said:

As expected there is a fee for the bumper cars:

5 Euro/2 minutes

(and yes, I asked back, it´s really 2 minutes). I´m not onboard but my DH is.

steamboats

Just enough time to get in, get comfortable and get out again ... 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, steamboats said:

That´s what I thought too. I wouldn´t have even started yet.

steamboats

Yeah! Let them to work out the bugs really.

Meanwhile: While the Portuguese version for the MSC's website is outdated and messed out for quite a while now; I rely on the biggest Portuguese, or Portuguese language, TA's websites to assess how the quoting is working these days for World Europa... And while for summer 2023 most sailings retain high values, and while Christmas, New Year, Carnival week and Easter 2023 do seem fully booked, or those TA's don't have cabin blocks for some of those, truth be said that for many fall/winter 2023 cruises as well as some of the "sampling" early spring cruises prices are turning to the usual ever-discounting-discounted-discount MSC used to be till 2018 or such. I find some of those quotes far cheaper than this year's Meraviglia/Seaside class ships, perhaps nearly on par or little bit up from a Musica/Fantasia class this year. I imagine what would I do if I lived in Barcelona: Those prices would make me to live one or two months on the WE, cheaper than living at home with current energy prices!... And finally Aurea is going to adjust to perks removal change in value.

Just a curiosity: An Infinite Fantastica (or Deluxe as they now say) is quoting at the price of a Bella balcony, and cheaper than a promenade view balcony which is strange on me. Such a good deal mostly for the sea view and the extra cabin space. I'd never to pay more for a dedicated promenade view than to an ocean view, but they're some 20-30 bucks more than the infinite ones. Promenade view are just glorified insides, period!

2 hours ago, steamboats said:

Here are some impressions from the MSC World Europa

And The Venom Spiral Drop

steamboats 

Great videos! The ship looks like If Oasis and Prima had a baby. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just book World Europa today!  We are sailing 8/13/23 to 8/25/23 out of Barcelona.  This will be our first MSC cruise.  We've sailed RCL and Celebrity.  I am so nervous and trying to research as much as I can.  We purchased the Aurea experience with wife and easy plus package.  I am trying to figure out the restaurants and exactly what that entails without the charges. Please feel free to provide me with any tips, tricks, or feedback to MSC cruising.  Thank you in advance!

Edited by anabella95

On 11/15/2022 at 12:01 PM, Nunagoras said:

Just a curiosity: An Infinite Fantastica (or Deluxe as they now say) is quoting at the price of a Bella balcony, and cheaper than a promenade view balcony which is strange on me. Such a good deal mostly for the sea view and the extra cabin space. I'd never to pay more for a dedicated promenade view than to an ocean view, but they're some 20-30 bucks more than the infinite ones. Promenade view are just glorified insides, period!

I did notice the same. It makes my wonder why they would sacrifice a A-location for a balcony cabin, for a cheaper class of Infinite-cabins. These infinite-cabin's have two big perks in space and view, especially in colder weather, they are more than a standard balcony. Don't tell them though.

• Like 1