What does this mean

toocrazy

We are booked on the Vista January 27 2024. We have noticed there is no sailings listed for sale in January’24. December yes ending after New Years and starts selling again in mid February. All out of Port Canaveral. Been that way for awhile. We have not heard anything from Carnival. We are thinking maybe Vista will be taken out of service for whatever reason and probably substituted with another ship. Thought of calling our PVP, but will she tell us?  If she knows anything. What do you guys think? 

• Like 1

We noticed that - are booked for January and others wanted to join our group. 

Several of us called and we all got different answers…..ship was sold out and website maintenance were the primary excuses. PvP was the one that said website. 

We have a large group and we booked this one specifically for Havana. I hope they say something sooner rather than later so we can try to plan something else if we have to. 

My sailing for 2/4/24 is missing too.  It does seem like it may be a dry dock.  I got a great deal on a Havana aft balcony for that sailing, so I will be quite disappointed if it's cancelled.  Hopefully they let us know soon so we can all plan accordingly if necessary.

I didn't realize that there was a thread about this already. We're B2B2B, January 2024. Wanted to make a cabin change and saw the ship vanished. Complicating the issue for us is a Side by Side on Allure before the 3 Vistas. 

Flying from Detroit for these.

On 11/11/2022 at 1:45 PM, tidecat said:

Smells like a charter to me.

On 11/12/2022 at 4:40 PM, Earthworm Jim said:

A 6 week charter? It's not impossible I guess, but seems an unlikely scenario.

Also possible is one or more groups chartering the ship for different charters in consecutive weeks.  I know one ship (not Carnival) did charters for eight straight weeks earlier this year.

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I know one ship (not Carnival) did charters for eight straight weeks earlier this year.

this is what Norwegian does for their charters. a very popular charter company is called Sixthman. they rent out a ship for a month for these charters

• Like 2

Based on the availability of bookings for sailings outside of January 2024, I too would guess it is a drydock situation.

On 11/11/2022 at 5:21 PM, CarnivalShips480 said:

I think this is a dry dock. Vista's last dry dock was in 2019. The 2021 one was a WET dock. Every ship is required by law to have a dry dock at least every 5 years.

I also know the issue with Vista class propulsion issues. It is..... nevermind, thats for another thread

And if those timeframes are accurate, then indeed that becomes "suspect #1" in this case.

We sail on Vista in Late-2023...it would be nice to know the propulsion issues have been addressed before then, but I'm guessing they will let that linger to this hypothesized dry dock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cuccicruisers said:

Different answers - pvp said site maintenance and 800 number said all January cruises sold out. 

Sorry, but I'm skeptical. I've been on 28 Carnival cruises so far & have never come across this situation. The sailings are 14+ months away, they aren't during peak holidays and Mardi Gras, & at least 1 other ship is in P.C. 

Mardi Gras is not Sold Out.

• Like 1

From what I've read and experienced, when bookings disappear like this and don't return after a day or two, that means they're cancelled.  People ask John Heald or call Carnival and get varying answers, but they end up being cancelled.  This happened with a cruise I had last year.  It disappeared and no one could give a definitive explanation, then it ended up cancelled.  They're probably just working a few things out before they send out an email to everyone affected.  Obviously I'm hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, leen50 said:

Sunshower, did you get any type of compensation from your cancelled cruise?

Yes but this was about a year ago, when they hadn't fully resumed all cruises and they were giving out OBC for covid-related cancellations.  I can't say if they give any compensation for cancellations for other reasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Iam booked on the Vista for January 27, 2024. Why would they move the ship open sailings for Nov and Dec then go to dry dock? Just dry dock the ship before moving it. I have asked John Heald and his reply was "he was not aware of any changes".  I called Carnival and they say "its sold out". I called a online party to book this cruise and they said "its booked". I had a super rate for this cruise and picked a Havana cabin, what happens if they cancel us? Do we loose our discounted rate as well so if we rebook we are just out out offer we booked under? So frustrating !