Drink package questions

boopuff

What about the specialty coffees in the MDR after dinner (with the classic drink package?j For instance, could I order a mocha? What about asking for one to go? In the past, we’ve stopped by Cafe Al Bacio, but sometimes there’s a bit of a line. Thank you! 

15 hours ago, Tallpeople said:

What about the specialty coffees in the MDR after dinner (with the classic drink package?j For instance, could I order a mocha? What about asking for one to go? In the past, we’ve stopped by Cafe Al Bacio, but sometimes there’s a bit of a line. Thank you! 

I have ordered specialty coffees in the MDR after dinner (included in the Classic drink package), but I have never asked for one to go. 

On 11/12/2022 at 4:08 AM, Mark_T said:

... it can't be used for room service though...

... but yes, everywhere else including the MDR and the speciality restaurants.

On 11/12/2022 at 6:57 AM, jelayne said:

Doesn’t include mini bar or room service.

The beverage package will work if you're in the Retreat...for room service and mini bar.

9 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

The beverage package will work if you're in the Retreat...for room service and mini bar.

My experience has been the opposite.  On Equinox I was informed that I would be changed for the mini bar drinks while sailing in a Sky Suite.  I've never tried ordering an alcoholic beverage from room service.  I normally drink an Arnold Palmer or the wine or champaign we have in our stateroom. 

4 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

My experience has been the opposite.  On Equinox I was informed that I would be changed for the mini bar drinks while sailing in a Sky Suite.  I've never tried ordering an alcoholic beverage from room service.  I normally drink an Arnold Palmer or the wine or champaign we have in our stateroom. 

You need to order your alcoholic beverages from your butler.  We disembarked the Edge on November 7th after 36 days and had no problem getting any beverage we wanted in our suite.

10 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

You need to order your alcoholic beverages from your butler.  We disembarked the Edge on November 7th after 36 days and had no problem getting any beverage we wanted in our suite.

Noted.  I knew that our Personal Retreat Host would do that but I guess that I am just not comfortable using his as a drink server.  Now if he's bringing food or other items then I may ask him to bring a drink.  

I am the type of Suite Guest that will take a stroll down to Cafe Al Bacio in the morning and pick up two almond croissants and two coffee with Bailey's and take them back to the room for a pre-breakfast snack instead of asking our Personal Retreat Host to bring them.  (I need the exercise) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Lew- said:

That is not a guaranteed perk of a suite and will vary by level and Butler...

2 hours ago, -Lew- said:

Neither are automatically included for all suites in the Retreat, check the perks of the suite you have booked to avoid disappointment...

2 hours ago, -Lew- said:

You need to order your alcoholic beverages from your butler.

During our September cruise, our butler made it clear that he would restock our little fridge with soda, bottled water and/or beer at "no charge" if we asked him to, but bottled wine was not part of that. I don't have enough cruise experience to know if that's typical or varies by butler, though, but I definitely recommend asking.

cjr

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I am the type of Suite Guest that will take a stroll down to Cafe Al Bacio in the morning...

Me too. I knew I could ask our butler to bring me coffee every morning, but I tend to rise at different times in the morning -- generally early -- and when I'm up, I want that first java cup quickly. (I never bothered using the kettle and those instant-mix tubes in our room.) Anyway, I enjoyed getting two hot steaming Americanos each morning and then quietly sipping them before my wife awoke.

cjr