Sky Princess a food lover’s journey

Mittens101

5 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Am I seeing the classic Caesar salad (not the new kale and chickpea version) and the classic LoveBoat dream dessert (no bright red coating on the chocolate heart)? I hope to see those on the Royal so maybe there's a chance. 

Yes I ordered the salad with kale and chickpeas, but it came without. Yes the love boat dream looked different as well. Both very tasty though. 

• Like 2

Final breakfast at the buffet. Salad for breakfast every morning was a treat. RM will miss the bacon every morning. It was a good food journey. I wasn’t overly impressed with the vegetarian options for the trip  overall. There’s a common misperception that many carnivores make and that is that vegetarians just want plain cooked vegetables. There wasn’t a lot of creativity.  We were on the regal and the crown the last two trips and the chefs did a great job incorporating vegetarian options into the theme nights. This cruise they were completely overlooked. Believe me princess will hear about it. Above the options on the buffet it was a good trip. We loved the retreat pool area and the ports. The app worked beautifully for ordering drinks and food. The pizza at Alfredo’s was heavenly. I think that was my favorite food for the week. 

E8E744D0-BE25-41D4-82F9-7C09D61309B9.jpeg

876F6175-23D0-4D65-A2FF-07E24E749E0C.jpeg

BB149956-D47E-4A7F-A75D-3FD6BB71B1E9.jpeg

0C3AE440-079C-4B69-85B8-18FD980700F9.jpeg

Edited by Mittens101
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

Was this all in MDR?  Any charge for the lobster tail?  Last few Princess cruises we have been on didn't have actual tails.  We are on the sailing on the 26th.

Lobster was main dining room no charge. It was the second formal night

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much for sharing this!  I have a dairy allergy and I have never seen vegan desserts at the International Café or the Buffet.  I hope they also have this available on the Discovery Princess.  I hope they also have sandwiches without cheese available. It’s really hard to find something to eat when you have allergies. Thanks again!

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 6:56 PM, Mittens101 said:

Let me start off by saying dinner did not go quite as planned. We headed down around 6:30 and got seated right away.  About 15 minutes later our waiter arrived. RM ordered baby prawns in a sauce as an appetizer. 

What is RM?

On 11/19/2022 at 4:23 AM, Mittens101 said:

Final breakfast at the buffet. Salad for breakfast every morning was a treat. RM will miss the bacon every morning. It was a good food journey. I wasn’t overly impressed with the vegetarian options for the trip  overall. There’s a common misperception that many carnivores make and that is that vegetarians just want plain cooked vegetables. There wasn’t a lot of creativity.  We were on the regal and the crown the last two trips and the chefs did a great job incorporating vegetarian options into the theme nights. This cruise they were completely overlooked. Believe me princess will hear about it. Above the options on the buffet it was a good trip. We loved the retreat pool area and the ports. The app worked beautifully for ordering drinks and food. The pizza at Alfredo’s was heavenly. I think that was my favorite food for the week. 

E8E744D0-BE25-41D4-82F9-7C09D61309B9.jpeg

876F6175-23D0-4D65-A2FF-07E24E749E0C.jpeg

BB149956-D47E-4A7F-A75D-3FD6BB71B1E9.jpeg

0C3AE440-079C-4B69-85B8-18FD980700F9.jpeg

Thank you so much for sharing your journey! Due to a genetic predisposition, I need to eat Vegan on steroids (WFPB) which is very challenging. Your posts are at least encouraging as far as what is beginning to be offered. I love what you said:

"There’s a common misperception that many carnivores make and that is that vegetarians just want plain cooked vegetables."

I am glad that I am a very good and creative cook. A few staples are black bean chili, homemade veggie Marinara Sauce over whole wheat pasta, Navy bean and veggie soup, lots of salads and roasted veggies with black beans. Dressings are made with a true balsamic vinegar, Dijon Mustard and real maple syrup.

We are on the Sky in June... and I thank God that wine is Vegan.😆

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nini said:

Thank you so much for sharing your journey! Due to a genetic predisposition, I need to eat Vegan on steroids (WFPB) which is very challenging. Your posts are at least encouraging as far as what is beginning to be offered. I love what you said:

"There’s a common misperception that many carnivores make and that is that vegetarians just want plain cooked vegetables."

I am glad that I am a very good and creative cook. A few staples are black bean chili, homemade veggie Marinara Sauce over whole wheat pasta, Navy bean and veggie soup, lots of salads and roasted veggies with black beans. Dressings are made with a true balsamic vinegar, Dijon Mustard and real maple syrup.

We are on the Sky in June... and I thank God that wine is Vegan.😆

Hi Nini, 

your dishes sound amazing. I generally cook a huge bowl of soup on Sundays, make salads, cook pasta sauce and veggies to throw over pasta. Vegan eating can be fun and not bland. Hope you enjoy your cruise in June. Would love to see food photos. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mittens101 said:

Hi Nini, 

your dishes sound amazing. I generally cook a huge bowl of soup on Sundays, make salads, cook pasta sauce and veggies to throw over pasta. Vegan eating can be fun and not bland. Hope you enjoy your cruise in June. Would love to see food photos. 

LOL! I will need to figure out how to post some pics. BTW- I love my Instant Pot and swore I would not buy another appliance. It is so handy and well used... that is how I now cook my artichokes.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, nini said:

LOL! I will need to figure out how to post some pics. BTW- I love my Instant Pot and swore I would not buy another appliance. It is so handy and well used... that is how I now cook my artichokes.

Funny I just started using ours a few weeks ago. Absolutely love it

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2022 at 8:13 AM, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

I’m loving that your first food pics are of desserts

my kind of priorities 😋 

travelling on the Sky Princess august next year. Never been on a Princess cruise before. These food pics are brilliant, thank you

husband is a meat & potato guy. Do you think the buffet has decent choice for a fussy eater? Myself and daughter will try anything though! I’ve tried to encourage husband to eat veg, but after 14 yrs of marriage, yep, given up 😂 

Any chance you're going to Norway?  We're on Sky Aug 12-19 to Norway out of Southampton.  This will be our second Sky sailing and we loved the 1st one !  

On 3/12/2023 at 8:19 AM, TenneSea said:

Any chance you're going to Norway?  We're on Sky Aug 12-19 to Norway out of Southampton.  This will be our second Sky sailing and we loved the 1st one !  

Hi sorry no we are going on royal next trip. Enjoy Norway it looks incredible.