Just off the Equinox

horseymike

19 hours ago, prbffd28 said:

We'll be on that cruise with you as well, can't wait. This will be our first cruise over Christmas and New Years. See you on board

Are you on the roll call?  My parents were from Saco/Biddeford area.

6 hours ago, marieps said:

Are you on the roll call?  My parents were from Saco/Biddeford area.

Yes, we're on it, prbffd28, Perry and Joanne. I'm not a Maine native, moved over from northern NH when my now DW and I got together and I got a job at Colby College in Waterville. She's a Mainer though 😀

On 11/24/2022 at 5:39 PM, prbffd28 said:

Yes, we're on it, prbffd28, Perry and Joanne. I'm not a Maine native, moved over from northern NH when my now DW and I got together and I got a job at Colby College in Waterville. She's a Mainer though 😀

Look forward to meeting you.

On 11/12/2022 at 4:28 PM, horseymike said:

Hi Everyone,

I will try to be brief.

Just returned from a 9 night cruise on the Equinox itinerary consisted of 4 ports Grand Cayman , Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire and 4 sea days.

We had a most enjoyable cruise, We found the staff and service to be nothing short of excellent.

The food in the MDR we thought was excellent.

The Buffet ( Oceanview) Very good.

The entertainment was very good with a nice mix of different shows and music , some were better than others but overall very good.

Eddie the Cruise director was high energy , he and his staff did a great job.

The coffee bar is not to be missed, very popular spot , sometimes a short wait , but well worth it.

We did not dine in the specialty restaurants.

Bartenders did a great job at all locations on the ship.

The wifi is hit and miss along with the Imessaging onboard.

If you use a taxi in Aruba , tell them to bring you back to the ship, we had a guy tell us we had to get out at the main port security gate which we found later

not to be true.

embarkation and debarkation was probably the best ever of our 15 lifetime cruises.

I hope everyone enjoys their next or current cruise as much as we did this one. Great to be cruising again.

What was the Covid situation like? And how did they handle it?

On 11/24/2022 at 10:39 PM, prbffd28 said:

We are also on the Equinox Dec 22 Holiday cruise. Looking forward to meeting you at the Sunset Bar for Sailaway! 🎄

4 hours ago, ISABELLA said:

My cousin came from 11/12 sailing. Tested positive for Covid first day off the ship. So must be contracted mid cruise. 

People are so naive. Most people don't even test these days unless they show exaggerated symptoms. And even if they show symptoms they don't report it to the cruise. Who cares if someone else gets very sick, I didn't is the prevailing attitude.

On 11/14/2022 at 4:37 PM, 39august said:

Was the ship at full capacity, please?

We were on the 11/12-21 cruise...according to 2 senior sources there was a count of 2000 passengers out of a max of 2800.  No service problems in the Retreat but the few times we were in the OV it was extremely crowded both in the dining area and the outside area.

Edited by Oceangoer2

On 11/23/2022 at 4:08 PM, terrydtx said:

We were in an aft facing Sky Suite last year on the Equinox and nothing about our cabin looked tired or worn, it was one of the best cabins we have been in on any cruise line.

We were in aft facing sky suite #2148 Equinox last week and cabin looked fine.  It did show wear after so many years of passengers.  Bed not too comfortable also.  Not totally refurbished in 2019 due to pandemic stopping the process.  Apparently will be this year.

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

We were in aft facing sky suite #2148 Equinox last week and cabin looked fine.  It did show wear after so many years of passengers.  Bed not too comfortable also.  Not totally refurbished in 2019 due to pandemic stopping the process.  Apparently will be this year.

The 2019 partial refurb had nothing to do with the pandemic, the original dry-docking yard had an accident and shut down partially then the Equinox had to go to another location for the partial Revolutionizing. I doubt that the rest of the revolutionizing gets done this year.  From what I learned on the Reflection in August, the continued Revolutionizing of the fleet may never restart because of the lack of available cash. If it does restart it will be after 2024.

We were in aft SS 2153 last year in August and really liked the cabin, none were available for our Equinox booking next June, but we will enjoy the side SS. We thought the bed was very comfortable but like food, bedding quality is very subjective. Our Equinox cruise had only 900 passengers and at times parts of the ship seemed deserted, but the Retreats cabins were sold out but still no crowds in Luminae or the lounge.

Edited by terrydtx

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

The 2019 partial refurb had nothing to do with the pandemic, the original dry-docking yard had an accident and shut down partially then the Equinox had to go to another location for the partial Revolutionizing.

Yes...I remember that.  The continuation of the refurb didn't happen due to the pandemic AND shortage of cash will most likely preclude anything further.  Guess I shouldn't believe everything the cruise line reports in print re WHEN these refurbs will happen when we CCers know better...LOL.

12 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Yes...I remember that.  The continuation of the refurb didn't happen due to the pandemic AND shortage of cash will most likely preclude anything further.  Guess I shouldn't believe everything the cruise line reports in print re WHEN these refurbs will happen when we CCers know better...LOL.

The list of refurbs that Celebrity has reported in print are mostly required standard maintenances and inspections, mandated by maritime law and lack of cash doesn't prevent them. I believe the Reflection had one of these required maintenances before she did her TA last month, they did repaint the hull to the new blue color and do some minor soft goods replacement, but no Retreat Revolutionizing was done. 

Edited by terrydtx

20 hours ago, terrydtx said:

The list of refurbs that Celebrity has reported in print are mostly required standard maintenances and inspections, mandated by maritime law and lack of cash doesn't prevent them. I believe the Reflection had one of these required maintenances before she did her TA last month, they did repaint the hull to the new blue color and do some minor soft goods replacement, but no Retreat Revolutionizing was done. 

🤐