First Celebrity cruise!

Ilovecats2

Hello! My husband and I are booked on the Equinox 4/6/23. We are very excited, because we had been booked for a prior cruise when my husband was unexpectedly diagnosed with cancer in January, then Covid appeared on the world scene  in March! Ugh….needless to say- cancelled!! So I have a couple questions because it seems a bit different. 
First of all- cabin 7258….I have searched this forum and found one entry on the spreadsheet for this specific cabin, but it didn’t specifically answer my question. Would this cabin have lifeboats below it, looking down, that we could see? I would like to be able to just view the water directly. 
Secondly, I thought Celebrity had gone to all- inclusive? When I booked yesterday, it was cruise only. Which is fine- I was just curious. And can onboard credit be used for alcohol purchases?

I booked during the sale yesterday- for those of you that are so familiar with pricing- is this a pretty decent discount they are running? I believe our cabin was “non refundable “ so I’m not sure if we can have the price adjusted if we see a future better deal. 
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer!!!

There was an issue with Celebrity's site yesteday and the all inclusive bookings were not showing. 

I would suggest if you want all inclusive, that you either (1) cancel your current booking and rebook with all inclusive, provided it is showing on the website, or (2) you call Celebrity directly and have it added. 

Unfortunately deck 7 cabins are partially blocked by the lifeboats below.  Here are two pictures from you cabin balcony. 

CelVer725-23860-1547339680.webp

CelVer725-38317-1577978422.webp

Yes, you can get a price adjustment if a better price becomes available. Also, if you had to cancel this cruise for some reason, Celebrity would keep $100 each of your deposit, but give the rest of the deposit back to you as future cruise credit. 

OP if you booked yesterday, the website was messed up and AI was dropped.  If you want AI call Celebrity right away and explain that you wanted AI but it wasn’t showing yesterday but it is there today.  Ask them to correct and reprice your booking so that you have Ai.  If you have a Non Refundable deposit and you cancel and rebook you will be charged a $100 pp administration fee

Welcome to Celebrity!

My Travel Agent has switched staterooms with no charge - I even got a refund when I downgraded one category in a suite.

If you wanted to get an All Inclusive cruise and the website problem prevented that, it might be worth the time to call Celebrity (or your Travel Agent if they booked it) and tell them you want your booking changed to AI with no change fee because you weren't allowed to book the AI due to the glitch. Seems you should not have to cancel and re-book once the website is working properly.

Hope your husband is doing well. My first cruise with my DH was to celebrate 1 year of being cancer free and to make new memories on the anniversary of my surgery. Now when I think of that date, I smile.

Great itinerary - we just did that one in September.

Edited by MarKay525
  • Like 1

Blessings to you Markay 525, and congratulations on conquering cancer!! What a wonderful thing! My husband is 2 1/2 years out now and doing wonderful!!

I called customer service today. I rebooked our room to #8199. No change fee!!! Hoping that one won’t be an obstructed view. Thank you to everyone for the help. I think I’m happy with the cruise only pricing. We figured it out, and we would have to drink A LOT to get our money’s worth on the daily beverage fee, when taking into account that three of our cruise days are long on the islands. 
Thanks to all who responded for the kind help!