Can’t Checkin with app because I cant see all my cruises

Since the Royal app isn’t working for me showing all my cruises, and I need to checkin to a cruise tomorrow , I can assume that I’ll be able to do it online right?

It’s been so long that I’m not sure if they expect everyone to do it on the app. I hope they fix whatever they did to mess it up soon, I’m on a cruise in less than 2 weeks and I’ll need it on the ship.

Thanks

12 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Since the Royal app isn’t working for me showing all my cruises, and I need to checkin to a cruise tomorrow , I can assume that I’ll be able to do it online right?

It’s been so long that I’m not sure if they expect everyone to do it on the app. I hope they fix whatever they did to mess it up soon, I’m on a cruise in less than 2 weeks and I’ll need it on the ship.

Thanks

sign out of the app and then sign back in again.. I had to do this yesterday.

• Thanks 1

We only see our next cruise in App 😳

The other 7 have vanished into IT oblivion… 

I am sure just another faux pax from IT, if you type in reservation number it will say already linked 😉

They are still there, but not to be seen by the naked eye.

Happy Days!

4 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

We only see our next cruise in App 😳

The other 7 have vanished into IT oblivion… 

I am sure just another faux pax from IT, if you type in reservation number it will say already linked 😉

They are still there, but not to be seen by the naked eye.

Happy Days!

I see all mine, and the linked ones in the app. Small sample

20221115_082356.thumb.jpg.463856c9f93da859340d63facef67545.jpg

But I only check in online

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

sign out of the app and then sign back in again.. I had to do this yesterday.

ive done that many times, plus I’ve deleted and reinstalled many time on both iPhone and iPad. Maybe It’s just an Apple device issue? Every time all I see is one cruise and sometimes  it’s my next cruise and other times it’s a cruise in the future. I guess I’ll check in online. 
I just hope I can use the app on my next cruise.

Just now, lovesthebeach2 said:

ive done that many times, plus I’ve deleted and reinstalled many time on both iPhone and iPad. Maybe It’s just an Apple device issue? Every time all I see is one cruise and sometimes  it’s my next cruise and other times it’s a cruise in the future. I guess I’ll check in online. 
I just hope I can use the app on my next cruise.

I'm using android so maybe there is a difference. 

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'm using android so maybe there is a difference. 

That’s why I noted I am using iPhone and iPad. Since some say they have no problem and others like me can’t use it at all. I sent a message to royal in messenger, I’ve done that in the past and got better results because people actually respond. Thanks Ken

Yes, I've had this problem for several days.  When I click on the "person icon" and click "select a different cruise" it will only show me the latest one I've looked at, and wants me to add the next cruise.  Then, when I enter the information it says "this cruise is already linked", and will (temporarily) show me the whole list. If I go to any other screen except the full list, the next time I navigate back to the list, it will again only show me the most recently viewed cruise.

Huge bug in the app. Huge.

Until they get it fixed, here's what I'm doing (yes, it's irritating to have to do this).

I opened the Notes app on my iphone, listed all my cruises WITH THEIR BOOKING NUMBER.  Then, before I even open the Royal app, I copy the booking number for the cruise I want to look at.  Paste in the look up a cruise screen when I get to it, and go through the whole "already linked" process.  But, at least I've cut out a bunch of rummaging through my email to find booking numbers to get to my cruises in the app.

My profession was as a project manager of software development, so I KNOW what they aren't doing to have software this buggy.  They aren't testing it properly before it goes live with the user.  Sloppy software development cycle, and makes me think they have low grade contractors doing the work.  Cheaper for RCCL.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, pcur said:

My profession was as a project manager of software development, so I KNOW what they aren't doing to have software this buggy.  They aren't testing it properly before it goes live with the user.  Sloppy software development cycle, and makes me think they have low grade contractors doing the work.  Cheaper for RCCL.

I doubt it's the software. Software doesn't randomly pick and choose what data to query for a repeated function.

More likely data issues or maintenance that they don't plan well for

5 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I doubt it's the software. Software doesn't randomly pick and choose what data to query for a repeated function.

More likely data issues or maintenance that they don't plan well for

Updates to software that are not tested properly against previous versions, can happen at any time.  It's not the software that does this, it's the software developer that didn't do their job correctly.  

11 minutes ago, pcur said:

Updates to software that are not tested properly against previous versions, can happen at any time.  It's not the software that does this, it's the software developer that didn't do their job correctly.  

I have definitely learned my lesson with this app to NEVER update it until I read comments for a week or so. Same with the Disney app. Both companies have IT issues frequently.

2 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I have definitely learned my lesson with this app to NEVER update it until I read comments for a week or so. Same with the Disney app. Both companies have IT issues frequently.

Yep!  👍

25 minutes ago, pcur said:

Whatever it is it’s annoying to many cruisers, and embarrassing for a large worldwide company.

7 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Whatever it is it’s annoying to many cruisers, and embarrassing for a large worldwide company.

Couldn't agree more, and I'm thinking I will call RCCL and see what the ETA is on a fix.

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

That’s why I noted I am using iPhone and iPad. Since some say they have no problem and others like me can’t use it at all. I sent a message to royal in messenger, I’ve done that in the past and got better results because people actually respond. Thanks Ken

So strange.  I can see all 16 of my cruises on my iPhone and my iPad.  No problems checking in.  Sorry that is happening to you.

1 minute ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Please let us know if you get any answer as to a resolution for this issue.  Thanks!

It seems it is not common knowledge, and the rep said she would have her supervisor email the IT department immediately.  The customer-facing reps need to know what to say when the complaints start flowing.  Stay tuned............................

• Thanks 2