absolutely have to when you take your first Norwegian Encore cruise.

LJRat

8 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

If you have  not selected a cabin yet, make sure that it is on a deck with cabins above and below.  You DO NOT want a cabin above or below a public space.

Counterpoint:  My last two sailings on the Encore have been deck 15 balconies, directly below the pool deck. I only remember hearing one noise (a deck chair being slid).  Other than that?  No issues.

If I'm on a ship full of vacationing passengers, I expect to hear some noises from time to time.  😎

• Like 1

15 hours ago, www3traveler said:

If you have  not selected a cabin yet, make sure that it is on a deck with cabins above and below.  You DO NOT want a cabin above or below a public space.

Totally a personal choice, but worth considering. My favorite cabins are on Deck 8 on the Escape (same layout as Encore) and never had a problem. I think it depends on your personal schedule. We are generally out of our room from 8:30 am-10:30 pm, other than sitting on our balcony during the day to read, etc. The theatre below hasn't bothered us, but I know it has for some people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weltek said:

Totally a personal choice, but worth considering. My favorite cabins are on Deck 8 on the Escape (same layout as Encore) and never had a problem. I think it depends on your personal schedule. We are generally out of our room from 8:30 am-10:30 pm, other than sitting on our balcony during the day to read, etc. The theatre below hasn't bothered us, but I know it has for some people.

Agree completely. Our favorite cabin location is deck 9, just a quick hope from all the action on 8. I do check to see what is below us but other than a loud outdoor bar there's not much that would concern me. 

• Like 1

Sunset pics on the aft deck 8

Sunrise pics from the Observation deck sitting in a lounger drinking a mimosa (is that too specific LMAO)

Partake in the pool games. our sailing no one wanted to it was sad, the same 1-2 people did them. 

• Like 1