Royal Up working for anyone?

billy9394

Hi!

Wondering if Royal Up webiste https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade is working for anyone? I tried to look up my booking to see if its eligible for up bid but all i'm getting is "Please wait, we are checking for availability" but nothing ever loads. I even tried a random last name and reservation ID and still getting the same. I tried on chromebook, laptop, iphone, and iPad and all getting the same message. Wondering if it's me or anyone else??

15 minutes ago, billy9394 said:

Hi!

Wondering if Royal Up webiste https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade is working for anyone? I tried to look up my booking to see if its eligible for up bid but all i'm getting is "Please wait, we are checking for availability" but nothing ever loads. I even tried a random last name and reservation ID and still getting the same. I tried on chromebook, laptop, iphone, and iPad and all getting the same message. Wondering if it's me or anyone else??

Apparently the cruise has to be within the timeframe recognized by the software. When I put in our late February cruise, I get the same spinning message that you did. When I put in our early January cruise I get a " make sure your cruise is within 30 days" message, and when I put in our December cruise, the upgrade options available to me pops up.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Apparently the cruise has to be within the timeframe recognized by the software. When I put in our late February cruise, I get the same spinning message that you did. When I put in our early January cruise I get a " make sure your cruise is within 30 days" message, and when I put in our December cruise, the upgrade options available to me pops up.

Thanks! maybe it is that, my cruise is exactly 60 days away on 1/15/23, maybe i'll wait a week or so and try again.

52 minutes ago, billy9394 said:

Thanks! maybe it is that, my cruise is exactly 60 days away on 1/15/23, maybe i'll wait a week or so and try again.

You need to wait until your 30 days or less out. Otherwise, most of the time, you’re not going to get any results.

Yeah,  we got our Royal Up email last week for our 1/7/23 cruise and submitted a bid.  It's a LOW bid on a GS ($200pp) so we probably won't get it.  But the cabin we already have is an aft balcony on Radiance, so win or lose we will be happy with our cabin!

I assume that the ship is not full enough right now, thus the early Royal Up opportunity.  If we win, somebody will be able to book or bid on a great aft balcony!:classic_tongue:

Edited by foxgoodrich
  • Like 1

It worked for us, IMO at first, we overbid a bit more than needed, but overall that suite was well worth it...we had bid for the regular grand, but during check-in, she gave us an additional upgrade at boarding to the suite that had a piano in it.

I am having same issue…I emailed them and they sent me a different link..put in my info and got error message that is needs to be within 30 days…it’s on Dec 4th so it falls in that window.  I had same issues last month with celebrity.  Had to email them and they had to fix something.  I emailed them back saying it wasn’t working and now I was getting 30 day error code and it’s less than 30 days.. waiting to hear back

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sargenet said:

I am having same issue…I emailed them and they sent me a different link..put in my info and got error message that is needs to be within 30 days…it’s on Dec 4th so it falls in that window.  I had same issues last month with celebrity.  Had to email them and they had to fix something.  I emailed them back saying it wasn’t working and now I was getting 30 day error code and it’s less than 30 days.. waiting to hear back

Can you post the link or is it specific to your booking only?

Just got my Royal Up bid approved.  Had a GTY suite which was a JS.  I went on the Royal Up link (never received an email asking me to bid) at 45 days out.  Our cruise was paid off at 60 days out by my choice.  I bid $100 pp for a GS for a 5 day Voyager of the seas cruise.  Today we are 26 days out and my minimum bid of $200 was accepted.  This has been a crazy cruise as at one point for 24 hours the suite GTY was cheaper than an inside.  I had a balcony and changed to the suite gty for a savings of @ $400.  So not exactly surprising we got this being our luck has been pretty good.  The only reason I bid was my JS was in a pretty good location and I figured it was worth a gamble.  This is the 3rd time we've been upgraded in 2022 by not using the email, paying off early, and not changing the bid which is always the minimum. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Today we are 26 days out and my minimum bid of $200 was accepted.

Amazing that they’re doing it so early. We have a friend that is on Grandeur with us in a couple of weeks and they also got their Royalup acceptance weeks ago. Nice!

19 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

This is the 3rd time we've been upgraded in 2022

Congrats.  I too am surprised how early they informed you that you got the room.  It's nice you have had 3 now.  We were upgraded twice last year but nothing this year.   Our last cruise showed no suites available at least a month out and our next January shows only 2 jr suites as of today.   Those GS's sure can spoil you.  

Enjoy your cruise. 

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

Our cruise was paid off at 60 days out by my choice. 

When was the "normal" final payment? Very unlikely final payment has any bearing on Royal Up wins with US bookings where final payment is usually 90 or 75 days out.

53 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

When was the "normal" final payment? Very unlikely final payment has any bearing on Royal Up wins with US bookings where final payment is usually 90 or 75 days out.

I don't remember any of the final payment time frames as I always had the ones i was successful with paid off with at least 60 days to go.  It was one of the similar factors.  

Edit:  sorry, wanted to add that I have no idea the formula if there is one.  I just noticed the similarities between the 3 I received.  My grandeur cruise last December had 600 + people on with 200+ no shows.  I bid on an OV and a balcony with decent bids.  I got neither.  I constantly moved my bid. My ship was no where near full and was a ghost town.  This was the cruise I really expected to be moved but wasn't.  So who knows?  I'll try it again next September on my Greenland cruise on the Jewel but I may not be successful on that one.

Edited by jean87510

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Congrats.  I too am surprised how early they informed you that you got the room.  It's nice you have had 3 now.  We were upgraded twice last year but nothing this year.   Our last cruise showed no suites available at least a month out and our next January shows only 2 jr suites as of today.   Those GS's sure can spoil you.  

Enjoy your cruise. 

I'm afraid of this as well!  It's like sitting in 1st class.  Hard to go back 🙂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I don't remember any of the final payment time frames as I always had the ones i was successful with paid off with at least 100 days to go.  It was one of the similar factors.  

In your post you said you paid your cruise off at 60 days out - I assume you meant 60 days out from final payment date not the cruise? On a US booking it would be very unusual or an error for any sailing to have a final payment 60 days out (excluding the COVID times). Again, all current Royal Up wins with US bookings come well within the final payment, so when you pay it off doesn't matter.

Edited by Biker19

20 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

In your post you said you paid your cruise off at 60 days out - I assume you meant 60 days out from final payment date not the cruise? On a US booking it would be very unusual or an error for any sailing to have a final payment 60 days out (excluding the COVID times). Again, all current Royal Up wins with US bookings come well within the final payment, so when you pay it off doesn't matter.

I corrected my post earlier.  Yes all of the ones I was successful with were at least 60 or 2 months FROM final payment.  Sorry I wasn't clearer.  Probably shouldn't have added it as it's becoming too much of an aside.

In any case, I do not claim to have the magic formula.  Just pointing out the similarities between the 3.

Typically when are the Royal Up offers available and how would I know about it?  Currently booked in a GS and 45 days away from sailing. Right now there are 3 OS available and all GS and Balcony are booked.  We are celebrating our 40 anniversary and would love a shot at upgrading.

34 minutes ago, whoshwhosh said:

Typically when are the Royal Up offers available and how would I know about it?  Currently booked in a GS and 45 days away from sailing. Right now there are 3 OS available and all GS and Balcony are booked.  We are celebrating our 40 anniversary and would love a shot at upgrading.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

put your name and sailing date.  Also do a mock booking on your current sailing to see if it would be cheaper to just upgrade on your own.

edit:  I usually check at 45 days out.  Sometimes 50.  I check the Royal Up website daily and once I can make an offer, I do it and don't look back.  I no longer wait for emails. 

Edited by jean87510