Celebrity Move Up - when can you do it?

Sigyn

We're doing an Alaskan cruise next July. I see that there is a Move Up tab for our cruise. It allows me to put in our name and reservation number, but then it spins and doesn't load. 

Do you have to wait until you've paid your cruise in full before you can submit a Move Up offer? I'm not sure if I even want one, since I've booked a cabin we'll enjoy - an Aqua Class Veranda  - but I did want to look and see the options. 

When are Move Up offers given? A week or two before the actual cruise? Or the day before, like other cruise lines?

Edited by njsmom

1 hour ago, njsmom said:

We're doing an Alaskan cruise next July. I see that there is a Move Up tab for our cruise. It allows me to put in our name and reservation number, but then it spins and doesn't load. 

Do you have to wait until you've paid your cruise in full before you can submit a Move Up offer? I'm not sure if I even want one, since I've booked a cabin we'll enjoy - an Aqua Class Veranda  - but I did want to look and see the options. 

When are Move Up offers given? A week or two before the actual cruise? Or the day before, like other cruise lines?

The spinning circle is an issue a lot of us have run into. You can email the MoveUp address on the page and mention the issue. They should be able to provide a URL that will directly take you to your personal MoveUp offer page and bypass this issue.

• Like 1

I have a different question about Move up. We were sent a email telling us that we could do a move up bid on our upcoming cruise in a celebrity suite. We put a bid on a Royal suite. However when we check the cruise, there are no suites available., So why would they be letting us bid on the Royal Suite?

1 minute ago, Peteymil said:

I have a different question about Move up. We were sent a email telling us that we could do a move up bid on our upcoming cruise in a celebrity suite. We put a bid on a Royal suite. However when we check the cruise, there are no suites available., So why would they be letting us bid on the Royal Suite?

Two scenarios. Last minute cancelations and there is a chance the Royal Suite guests may also do a MoveUp which creates a chain of potential available upgrades. 

It's a win-win backup for Celebrity. 

Look at the actual cost- might consider just upgrading.  Move Up isn't always a good deal.  If you are in an inside cabin, and want to move to an oceanview or balcony, you have a much better chance then being upgraded to a suite.

Good luck.  As others said sometimes three months ahead if you go directly to the move up site.

6 hours ago, behtyas said:

The spinning circle is an issue a lot of us have run into. You can email the MoveUp address on the page and mention the issue. They should be able to provide a URL that will directly take you to your personal MoveUp offer page and bypass this issue.

If you are too far out there may not be a MoveUp page.

In most cases Celebrity may not start accepting bids until closer to the sailing if they have a large number of unsold cabins.  They can usually make much more money by selling a cabin directly to a new cruiser.

• 2 weeks later...

The bidding is in case someone cancels last minute.  Last year in October we had to cancel our royal suite a few weeks prior to boarding due to a cancer diagnosis. We had good insurance and got all our money back (minus the cost of the insurance).  Luckily I'm in remission and heading for our replacement RS cruise next weekend!  Someone got our RS last year by bidding with no apparent availability.  

• Like 2

On 11/26/2022 at 1:46 PM, BDL said:

The bidding is in case someone cancels last minute.  Last year in October we had to cancel our royal suite a few weeks prior to boarding due to a cancer diagnosis. We had good insurance and got all our money back (minus the cost of the insurance).  Luckily I'm in remission and heading for our replacement RS cruise next weekend!  Someone got our RS last year by bidding with no apparent availability.  

Glad you are doing well! Have a wonderful cruise. 

• Like 1