Issue with C&A Number being Invalid

Ethanol95

Have any of you come across this problem before where your TA cannot apply your C&A number where doing so comes up with the number being invalid, but from my side, i can log in all fine into the C&A website and my profile? 

We've tried using different first names and tried several times, but still does not work. I realized that this issue arose after connecting my Royal C&A to Celebrity cruises and opening a new Captain's club profile linked to my Royal C&A.

This happened with one of my sons. The issue was that his birthday listed on his C&A number was incorrect, so when we tried to book with his correct date, it would not take his C&A number. We emailed the C&A guest services and they changed the birthday on his account and it works fine now. 

You may be able to check it online, but he was a minor, so he doesn't have an online account yet.

Edited by drb116

If I try to book on the RC website, I have to sign into C&A first and then click the "Book a new cruise" button to see the C&A rates.  Then on the booking I have to click on the "Apply a promo code and exclusive rates discounts" button (on the first page that shows the cruise and date) for my C&A number to be recognized and for the C&A rates to load.  If I wait for the page that asks how many guests per stateroom to click the "Apply a promo code and exclusive rates discounts" it says my C&A number is invalid.  Or if I try to look up my C&A number by putting in my name, birthday, address, etc...it says there is no C&A number for this passenger.  That said, I discovered the glitch on their website when my TA was out of the office for a few days and I wanted to price check a couple cruises.  When my TA was back, he was able to access some promo prices that were combinable with my C&A discount and book the cruise without any difficulty or error messages regarding my account.

I am a Jr.  The RCI site is fine with my suffix.  The C&A site cannot handle it.  So if I book with my legal name, my C&A number can't be added online as the names don't match.

I have to have my TA add it.

Worse was the time they managed to combine my ex-wife's account (one cruise) and my girl friend's account (several cruises) and put all the credits on my ex-wife's account. That took almost 15 hours on the phone to get it straightened out.

22 minutes ago, SRF said:

Worse was the time they managed to combine my ex-wife's account (one cruise) and my girl friend's account (several cruises) and put all the credits on my ex-wife's account. That took almost 15 hours on the phone to get it straightened out.

What's even worse is when they combine your girl friends C&A account with your current wife's C&A account... 

Awkward!

🤡

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

What's even worse is when they combine your girl friends C&A account with your current wife's C&A account... 

On the positive side, that means your girlfriend gets the drink vouchers and Lounge access and does not have to wait for you outside right? 

23 hours ago, drb116 said:

This happened with one of my sons. The issue was that his birthday listed on his C&A number was incorrect, so when we tried to book with his correct date, it would not take his C&A number. We emailed the C&A guest services and they changed the birthday on his account and it works fine now. 

You may be able to check it online, but he was a minor, so he doesn't have an online account yet.

That sounds like a different problem. I've had the similar but different name issue. But my C&A number was still working up until recently. So it must be a glitch in their system.

I had this problem a couple weeks ago when I was trying to book a cruise online. I called crown and anchor and I think the problem for me was that I had 4 different C&A numbers connected to my email. My husbands and two daughters. It is supposedly fixed now but I guess I really don’t know because I ended up booking through the C&A agent I was talking to since he said I would need to wait 24 hours before trying to book online. 
just checked, my C&A number does work now.

Edited by sweetpea2
Added

On 11/17/2022 at 4:52 PM, Tree_skier said:

Awkward!

🤡

Sort of happened to me once. We were called to Guest Services day 1. They said I was in a cabin with the wrong person of my wife's name. The other person assigned to our cabin had same exact name but different ca #. When they realized their mistake they said they could get it get it all straightened out in the back. I said, why not bring the other gal down and let me pick. (My wife of 50+ years gets my off beat humor and was not offended. )

• Haha 1