Celebrity cancelled my cruise, NRD?

CruisersTimesThree

Back in June I booked a back to back in the PH on the Silhouette for April 18th (4 nights) and April 22 (10 nights.)

Just peeked in on my roll call and was shocked to read that the 10 night cruise was cancelled apparently at least a week or more ago and I haven’t heard a word about it. No call, no email, no nothing! 
So now I’m wondering, with the NRD, will Celebrity give me back my deposit since they cancelled the cruise?  I have searched and searched for an alternative, but nothing fits our dates now and retreat prices are through the roof! 

i have no intention of flying to Fla from NY for a 4 night cruise, just isn’t worth it, so I obviously will be cancelling the other cruise and am figuring that I will now have to forfeit the deposit on that cruise through no fault of my own! I can’t believe after so many cancellations due to Covid of cruises we had booked that I’m getting screwed again! Any thoughts or suggestions on if they make exceptions on the NRD? 

Call Celebrity or your travel agent. They’re offer alternatives for the cancellations and obc as compensation. My agent received the notification from X about my cancellation on Ascent for April 2024. I’ve got it rebooked and price protected. (The new date was priced twice as much as I booked for.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gold1953 said:

If you booked with a TA it is their job to inform you. 

Booked directly with Celebrity, on the phone with them now holding for a supervisor, because the girl I am speaking to has no clue, so frustrated. She keeps telling me I am booked on the cruise that my original one got changed to???

30 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Yes if you paid a NRD and Celebrity cancels the sailing then you can get a full refund of all money paid. Exact same thing happened to me, twice. 

The 4-day cruise hasn't been canceled.

1 hour ago, Guindalf said:

If the four-day cruise was part of the original booking, then it should be refunded. Talk to X.

I would like to hear if they offer a full refund for the 4 day cruise.  However, for the 4 day cruise they should at least give you a future cruise credit for the full cost of the 4 day even if they won't give you the cash.  I would try insisting on that. 

As others have said for the 10 night, they should give you a full cash refund if you can't find any reasonable alternative.

Yeah, pretty bummed.  We booked this when we were on our last cruise.  We would have taken the cruise they were offering but they didn’t have any Sky Suites left, and the other itinerary we would have considered was $3000 more.  So we are taking the refund, and just as an aside, the person who I spoke to was very patient and pleasant.

Update.....

someone from the resolution dept called me back and this is what happened.

They offered us 4 other dates to switch the 10 night cruise to. Same suites we had originally booked at the same fares as the cancelled cruise.  I had the PH booked, my cousin had a Sunset Sky Suite. Thank God because the price of the PH on any of the new cruises is 10 grand more!  Also is offering an additional $400 per cabin in OBC. 
The woman I spoke with, Ashley, was quite sympathetic and understanding in us having to cancel the 4 night cruise and because it was booked as a b2b she said we could cancel and receive our deposits back. If we wanted to book a new 4 nighter before or after any of the new dates, it would be at the prevailing rate, which for me is $4000 more, so no thank you for only 4 nights, so that cruise will be cancelled. 
I needed to relay all the info to my cousin and we are still deciding if we want to switch or cancel.  Ashley will be calling me back on Monday morning for our decision. On the fence, not sure yet 😬

Thanks to all for your replies!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cathy in Boston said:

Wow, that’s great.  I was offered only one date to switch at the same price.  Guess it’s all who you speak to.  Maybe I’ll call the Captains Club and see if they can do anything.

Starting with Captains club might help but you have to get to the resolutions department as they are the only ones (well other than the executive office) who can override the standard offer.

• Like 1

So just to bring this to a conclusion, I did finally get to the resolutions department.  Unfortunately, the other dates don’t work for us.  They did try to accommodate us on the Equinox by giving us $1200 in OBC, but the $3000 coming out of our bank account was just to much.  I do want to say that again, everybody at Celebrity was super nice, very professional, and tried to do their best to help us, which is one of the reasons we love Celebrity.  All that being said, we found a great deal on the MSC yacht club, so we are going to give that a shot.

Finally, just want to say how much I enjoy this forum.  Everyone here is very helpful, and I appreciate all of you.

• Like 3